You mean the over-the-top backflip move?

Well from what I know they've kept everything the same. You might wanna check a gameplay trailer from E3 to confirm this.

^

Because instead of a Spartan flipping all over the floor like a Octopus

They now die realistically. :)

Idiot. They now die exactly the same every single time and it looks so UNrealistic. They never flipped all over the floor. It's much more realistic to let the physics do the work instead of awful looking ps1 esque animation

I have played Halo 4 and Reach and trust me they do not die the same way all the time

Shoot a guy in the back

Shoot a guy in the head

Shoot a guy in the leg

Shoot a guy in the face

Every time the Spartan dies differently. :)

And yes physics are in H4 and Reach and are more realistic and in my opinion better than H3

Animations are not scripted, they are keyframe indexes.  The animations you get when dying are random.  Ragdoll features are controlled and created specifically through havok, and they are setup as a core function, and not editable.  The animations that you get at random are a result of which weapon you are killed with, what the player was doing etc...

Furthermore...

for Reach and H4 they spent the time and effort to force scripted animations over the ragdolls and I have no idea why because when they let the ragdolls do the work in H2 and H3 it looked god damn beautiful

Your the idiot.  You have no idea how the engine works and your talking out your ass.  See above explanation about animations...that is why your an idiot.  If your gonna call some one an idiot, it better for facts that are misrepresented, and not based on YOUR one sided view of what happens during YOUR matches.

• Like 1

I have played Halo 4 and Reach and trust me they do not die the same way all the time

Shoot a guy in the back

Shoot a guy in the head

Shoot a guy in the leg

Shoot a guy in the face

Every time the Spartan dies differently. :)

And yes physics are in H4 and Reach and are more realistic and in my opinion better than H3

Read my post again and you will see that I said HEADSHOT animations. Yes they die a different preset way depending on where they're shot, but it's the same every time they get shot there. All presets like I said. Yes the physics are better in the newer games but the physics only come back into play AFTER the forced animation has finished playing out

Animations are not scripted, they are keyframe indexes.  The animations you get when dying are random.  Ragdoll features are controlled and created specifically through havok, and they are setup as a core function, and not editable.  The animations that you get at random are a result of which weapon you are killed with, what the player was doing etc...

Furthermore...

Your the idiot.  You have no idea how the engine works and your talking out your ***.  See above explanation about animations...that is why your an idiot.  If your gonna call some one an idiot, it better for facts that are misrepresented, and not based on YOUR one sided view of what happens during YOUR matches.

Read my previous reply to the other guy, and I just meant "scripted" as in "preset". Who cares what word I used? I'm talking about headshot animations. It is the same one every time in Reach and H4. I don't care if there's a different animation for each type of death, that's my point - limited set of preset deaths. What is this, 2004? But of course, Bungie/343 can do no wrong to the degenerates on these forums. More realistic my ass...

Read my post again and you will see that I said HEADSHOT animations. Yes they die a different preset way depending on where they're shot, but it's the same every time they get shot there. All presets like I said. Yes the physics are better in the newer games but the physics only come back into play AFTER the forced animation has finished playing out

Read my previous reply to the other guy, and I just meant "scripted" as in "preset". Who cares what word I used? I'm talking about headshot animations. It is the same one every time in Reach and H4. I don't care if there's a different animation for each type of death, that's my point - limited set of preset deaths. What is this, 2004? But of course, Bungie/343 can do no wrong to the degenerates on these forums. More realistic my ***...

Right guy, cause animations are soooo easy to create that they should waste time creating specific animations depending on the type of weapon, and where you are shot when it comes to a head shot.  Who the **** cares how the ragdoll behaves, or how the biped falls to the ground.  Do you really stick around to watch the enemy body fall or react?  Or do you say "Cool, another guy down" and continue to scout the battle field for more kills?

Tell you what, go grab some game design and animation classes, some biped models, and a game engine platform.  Start creating these animations and apply them to a basic game project from UE or Cryengine.  Then post it up for us to see.  See how it takes for you to do a simple one like falling over even half realistically.  Let me know how that works out for yah pal.

Right guy, cause animations are soooo easy to create that they should waste time creating specific animations depending on the type of weapon, and where you are shot when it comes to a head shot.  Who the **** cares how the ragdoll behaves, or how the biped falls to the ground.  Do you really stick around to watch the enemy body fall or react?  Or do you say "Cool, another guy down" and continue to scout the battle field for more kills?

Tell you what, go grab some game design and animation classes, some biped models, and a game engine platform.  Start creating these animations and apply them to a basic game project from UE or Cryengine.  Then post it up for us to see.  See how it takes for you to do a simple one like falling over even half realistically.  Let me know how that works out for yah pal.

Pitiful. Why would I try to create animations? My whole point is about srapping them and letting the physics do their thing. No, I don't "stick around" to watch people's bodies but you kinda notice it as you headshot people. I like a bit of eye candy in the game, not just ******* stats and numbers. Sue me. If you think the way people die doesn't affect the satisfaction of sniping them then your brain is made of sand. "Realistic" and "animations" don't even belong in the same sentence. As soon as you try to force animations into the game you suck the realism out of it. "continue to scout the battlefield for more kills"... pathetic.

Way to completely avoid my argument with you....classic :troll:

You do realize that physics alone would not in any way help or propagate a realistic death?  Maybe your new to the whole Havok Physics system, but allowing physics in the game to dictate a bipeds movement at death would not result well.  There is a reason they don't do it.  Find me one current game that doesn't use an initial death animation before ragdoll takes over.

As for your "sand for brains" comment, I have more intelligence in my left nut than you will ever have in your whole entire life.  Just the fact that you are arguing my rebuttal with no proof of concept or understanding of the system you are faulting shows how low of an intelligence you have.  Tell you what Mr Hawking, come back in another 5 years after your balls drop, then take me on about a mechanic feature.  I find no enjoyment in watching the player actually die and how he dies.  I enjoy the kill straight out, nothing more.   And yes, I move on, I don't stand there for a second admiring the way the body fell.  I'm more interested in helping my team by looking for more engagements and killing more players.  All you do is talk about how the bullets or the force should effect the player when dying.  What about during battle?  Shouldn't a 50cal knock back the player alive as well?

Your "realistic comeback, nulled.  Walking, jumping and basic movement is created to be as life like and fluid as possible.  Same applies for the basic ragdoll physics.  You really need to do some research before shooting your mouth off.  But it doesn't matter, your just another drive by troll member which will end up fading away after a month or two anyway.   As I said, you seem to think it is so easy to incorporate these things, yet you give no mention to the hard work 343i put into producing the game.  I for one am not a fan of Halo 4 by any means...but when I rip 343i for something they did or didn't do, I do so with good reason and I back my **** up with proof of a mistake.  Where is yours?

Way to completely avoid my argument with you....classic :troll:

You do realize that physics alone would not in any way help or propagate a realistic death?  Maybe your new to the whole Havok Physics system, but allowing physics in the game to dictate a bipeds movement at death would not result well.  There is a reason they don't do it.  Find me one current game that doesn't use an initial death animation before ragdoll takes over.

As for your "sand for brains" comment, I have more intelligence in my left nut than you will ever have in your whole entire life.  Just the fact that you are arguing my rebuttal with no proof of concept or understanding of the system you are faulting shows how low of an intelligence you have.  Tell you what Mr Hawking, come back in another 5 years after your balls drop, then take me on about a mechanic feature.  I find no enjoyment in watching the player actually die and how he dies.  I enjoy the kill straight out, nothing more.   And yes, I move on, I don't stand there for a second admiring the way the body fell.  I'm more interested in helping my team by looking for more engagements and killing more players.  All you do is talk about how the bullets or the force should effect the player when dying.  What about during battle?  Shouldn't a 50cal knock back the player alive as well?

Your "realistic comeback, nulled.  Walking, jumping and basic movement is created to be as life like and fluid as possible.  Same applies for the basic ragdoll physics.  You really need to do some research before shooting your mouth off.  But it doesn't matter, your just another drive by troll member which will end up fading away after a month or two anyway.   As I said, you seem to think it is so easy to incorporate these things, yet you give no mention to the hard work 343i put into producing the game.  I for one am not a fan of Halo 4 by any means...but when I rip 343i for something they did or didn't do, I do so with good reason and I back my **** up with proof of a mistake.  Where is yours?

"scout the battlefield" and "during battle"... spoken like a true spastic (and casual Halo player at that). How did I avoid your argument? You can't even manage to read my arguments. I'm asking for them to KEEP it the way H2 and H3 (off host) ALREADY WERE before they ADDED animations, so what the **** are YOU talking about? It's not about realism you freak, it just looks infinitely better and I've already addressed that "audmiring the bodies" point, but go ahead and say it a third time. The only other games I can think of that use death animations are Far Cry 3 and the CoD series, and they look bad. Try to pay attention and stay on topic.

I lked it. It was good.

keep it.

You don't even know what I'm comparing

I really don't see what the big fuss is about ?

So you don't like having animations you just want the physics to do the work.... is that it ?

Personally I prefer having animations it flows better rather than having it unscripted. :)

Anyway your and my arguments are just options not facts.

Your the troll that still says Halo 2 and 3 had no death animations..LMAO!  You gotta be ******* kidding me kid!  Do you even know anything about the game?  :rofl:

And so what if I'm a casual player, like your lame stupid basement dwelling "hardcore" "pro" *** is better than mine?  Please , go get your fill of "I have a bigger e-*****" somewhere else, your a complete joke with those kinds of remarks.  What type of player I am, has no baring on the fact that you are severely lacking in the understanding of the game mechanics in the Blam! engine.

But you know what, go ahead...keep on ranting and posting.  You'll be gone in like a month tops.  Just another drive by poster who thought we were the official site anyway.  What a waste of everyone's time this has been.  Good luck pal!  Someone else take over, I can't even keep a straight face through this thread anymore....

Oh and PS, yes it matters what words you use to describe animations.  Saying something is scripted, is a common reference to the MegaloScript engine in which....things are actually scripted, not preset baked items that are compiled from key frames.  But again, you don't understand it anyway so why am I bothering.