Mafia Returns

Well, some of you have asked, so here it is. Mafia's return begins now. JL's told me there were other plans to bring back Mafia, but since they've been slow in coming and some of you wanted me to do this, I made it anyway.

To JL: On BZP, multiple Mafia games run simultaneously. That can address all the issues you and any others may have with this. With that fact in mind, I am incapable of taking someone's "spot" by any means.

And now, shamelessly copypasted with some modifications to (hopefully) ensure this game doesn't turn into a scrapfest like the last one did, here are the rules.

---

HOW TO PLAY

Mafia is a game of Civilians against Killers. The Mafia are the killers; the Civilians are innocents. Now, the below will be a list of the factions, their roles, and then a run through of a single 'round', from the start, all the way to the beginning of the next. Each round should last 4 days, of 48 hours 'Day' and 48 hours 'Night'. 

FACTIONS

Pro-town - This team wins by lynching all Anti-town roles. Pro town roles include:

9x Civilians - Each daytime, you may vote to lynch one person listed in the suspect list. Your role does not include anything else you can do, but you may PM other players in an attempt to figure out who is who, pass information, etc.

1x Medic - Each night, the Medic may choose another person they can prevent from being killed. During they day, they may vote to lynch one person listed in the suspect list.

1x Detective - Each night, the Detective may look at another person's identity and figure out their role.

Anti-town - This team wins by killing all Pro-town roles.

4x Mafians - Each night, the Mafia votes on player that they will kill. They also pick one of their own to do the deed - that person, alongside 3 other random players (Max 2. Anti-town) will be placed into the suspect list.

Note: If you are a civilian, you will not receive a PM when the game starts. If you are the Medic or the Detective, I will send you a PM that you must respond to ASAP. If you are a Mafian, I will send you all a group PM, and I will need a response ASAP.

ROUNDS

1. The game begins during nighttime. The Medic will PM the host (me) stating the player they wish to protect. The Detective will PM the host stating the player they wish to investigate. The Mafians will PM me stating the person they will kill, and the person they will send to commit the deed.

2. The nighttime scene will be posted by me after approximately 48 hours, showing the results of all the roles and their actions. I will give a suspect list if a person has been killed, and then daytime begins.

3. All players may now vote for the people listed in the suspect list. After 48 hours I will tally up the votes and thusly write the hanging scene where the player(s) with the most votes are killed.

4. Daytime is now over, and nighttime begins again. The next nighttime begins the next round.

RULES

- You may screenshot anything you wish and post it within the thread. Images can also be edited to help you in your plans.

- You may PM other players in your attempts figure out other roles, and further your own plans. If you day, please include me so I may see your planning, but there is no need to.

- You may accuse other players of roles within the thread and out of it, or lie.

- You may reveal, or fake your role.

- You may not use information within this game to help you in things out of the game, e.g. "I'll tell you my role if you give me a 48 hour gold trial." Trust me, I've seen it happen despite how silly it sounds, and it didn't look good.

- Do not request me for a role.

- You may not under any circumstances intentionally aid the enemy team.

- You may not under any circumstances use staff or mod powers, whether they are yours or someone else's, to aid your team.

- All dead players will have their faction and role revealed publicly.

- Ghosts (dead players) can do everything they could in life except vote and use role powers.

---

PLAYER LIST

1. Caboose the Ace Civilian, Killed by Mafia, Round 5.

2. DarkAngel

3. SiberianHuskyY

4. Bnus Civilian, Killed by Mafia as extra kill due to leaving game, Round 2

5. Connor Kenway

6. Frankenzer Mafia, Lynched, Round 4.

7. Yoshi1176

8. Unease P34nut Civilian, Killed by Mafia, Round 2

9. Delpen9

10. Twinreaper Detective, Lynched, Round 1

11. Self Destruct Civilian, Killed by Mafia, Round 4

12. Ledgend 1221 Mafia, Lynched, Round 2.

13. therubyprincess Mafia, Lynched, Round 3

14. Butch Flowers Medic, Killed by Mafia, Round 1

15. JL Civilian, Killed by Mafia, Round 3

When you join, pick any number and your name will be listed there. Roles will then be assigned by RNG. If we don't have enough players after a long time, we will begin with a smaller number of civilians.

Let's bring back our game, people.

• Like 3

Well, some of you have asked, so here it is. Mafia's return begins now. JL's told me there were other plans to bring back Mafia, but since they've been slow in coming and some of you wanted me to do this, I made it anyway.

To JL: On BZP, multiple Mafia games run simultaneously. That can address all the issues you and any others may have with this. With that fact in mind, I am incapable of taking someone's "spot" by any means.

While I want to say you should have waited your turn since multiple people(including me) have been wanting to host a Mafia game. Also please dub this Mafia 4,0 to avoid confusion and we have an actual track record. 

Put me down on any number please

Vaulting♥Frog wonders if Vaulting♥Frog could be a random hobo walking through crossfire with a bottle of Scotch in hand. Vaulting♥Frog doesn't like to play the game but Vaulting♥Frog would love to randomly appear. Vaulting♥Frog would consider it a random encounter much like walking through grass in Pokémon.

Vaulting♥Frog warns everybody that if Vaulting♥Frog's bottle of Scotch is shot then Vaulting♥Frog will destroy you all on a sub-atomic level.

Edited by Vaulting♥Frog
  • Like 1

While I want to say you should have waited your turn since multiple people(including me) have been wanting to host a Mafia game. Also please dub this Mafia 4,0 to avoid confusion and we have an actual track record. 

Put me down on any number please

On another site, usually three Mafia games are usually running simultaneously at any given time. That is why I did not wait.

Actually, that's also why I didn't call this Mafia 4.0. On that site, there is the main lineage of Mafia games, and then two side games existing outside the main lineage. The side games are not numbered, the main lineage is.

Being a side game doesn't alter gameplay in any way other than a different host would see fit, but it is specifically because I was making it clear this violates no one's right to host as soon as they want to that I did not call this 4.0.

Anyway, added all of you. DarkAngel, you're on spot 2 because Caboose called spot 1 right before you did. Vaulting Frog, I might do that.

EDIT: And by the way, DarkAngel used to be Yang. Just so you all know. That new name threw me off. A lot.

Word

Understand...

This has nothing to do with the other site. It's simply just the fact that there were people who said 'I'll host next' faaaar earlier than you did, and you simply yanked the position away from them. 

Using this site as a comparison is also useless considering 343iCF barely has the number of active members who are interested in forum games. No Mafia game here has ever been played with it's player list filled.

I'll be 15.

The games are usually played by the same set of people at the same time. That means if someone were to open up 4.0 right now, the same people playing this game could sign up for 4.0 as well and play both at the same time. You don't need a larger player base for that system to work.

Added. Though I usually refer to people by their most recent name when adding them, you namechange so much I'll just list you as JL.

The games are usually played by the same set of people at the same time. That means if someone were to open up 4.0 right now, the same people playing this game could sign up for 4.0 as well and play both at the same time. You don't need a larger player base for that system
Not the point, which is you yoinked people after I asked you to please not to.

Delpen is added.

However, a handful of you have expressed your feelings about this game and doubts about what I said in my last post. While I still believe that system can work, it hasn't been tested and proven here, and this must have come as a shock. I apologize for any disruption this game may cause your plans.