Destiny News - Achievements, Collector's Edition, and More!

In Bungie's Weekly Update this week, they showed off juicy details for Destiny like Achievements, a hint at a Collector's Edition, and more announcements coming up, it's all here!

In this week's Bungie update, Urk filled in for the typical Community Manager Deej, as he tore into some rather important questions in large detail. Heading to Bungie.net, the first question had to deal with the whopping $500 Million price tag for marketing, as Urk explained how this wasn't near the cost of development, and very little of that actually went into Bungie's work on the game, the majority was just to get it advertised and marketed. The next was relating to the heavily controversial Ghost dialogue heard in the Alpha, voiced by Peter Dinkleage, where it was revealed work is being done right now to redo some lines and more will be done after the Beta, as Bungie tries to clean up the mess. A more humorous question asked about the 'That Wizard Came From The Moon' shirts in the Bungie store, as Urk cleared up that they are still available. A huge announcement, the Achievements and Trophies for Destiny were revealed, there are a total of 40 of them, too many to list individually, but some stand out ones are definitely Ghost Hunter, where you must discover 50 deceased Ghosts, Inspector, where you must inspect another Guardian, and Blink of an Eye, kill 5 enemies in 3 seconds. The full list is in the picture below.

post-26953-0-44192100-1403935864_thumb.jpg

To finish it off, we have three more questions, there are a few more after, but they are mainly jokingly and give us no real info. One question was asked as to how long the beta for Destiny in July will run, to which we were told that it's all still in the works and no finalized date has been decided upon. The next, if there will be a Collector's Edition released alongside Destiny, as Urk responded teasingly, "It’s almost as if we’re planning to drop all the information you need, and more, ahead of Beta on an auspicious date in the very near future." Finally, someone asked if it was official that Destiny is rated T for Teen by the ESRB, as it was confirmed by Urk. Destiny will launch with a T rating to broaden the audience, and contains only 'Animated Blood' and 'Violence'. They also linked to a Polygon piece on the problem with Halo being rated M for Mature, which I highly recommend you look at, as it is featured in the article linked above.

post-26953-0-16609900-1403936071_thumb.jpg

To end off on a question, do you wish to see a Collector's Edition for Destiny? If so, what would it need to have to sell you on it, and how much could it cost? Discuss below, and thanks for reading the article!

Note: Remember in the last Weekly News Wrap-Up where I promised I'd do one on Friday and not Saturday? Well, I'm skipping a week, yay! They'll resume at regular time next Saturday, the 5th, for now, enjoy... This.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4