DICE has listened, but doesn't know how to deliver it.

Eqwinoxe

What do you guys think about this, and possibly why do you (people that have played Bad Company) want back from the old Bad Company? What would YOU like to see?

Eurogame sat down with DICE to discuss a possibility that Battlefield: Bad Company 3 will come into effect, possibly making the best decision in their whole damn company. This is the conversation that Eurogamer and CEO Karl-Magnus Troedsson had, discussing how they "don't know how to deliver it":

---------------------

Concerning a new Bad Company installment, it’s not a matter of DICE ignoring their fanbase, they’re just unsure what made Bad Company so popular, CEO Karl-Magnus Troedsson explained in a recent interview with  Eurogamer.

“Some people say they found the multiplayer controls faster and more direct,” Troedsson told Eurogamer. “Some people liked the single-player and the characters and the humor. People love different things about it. It’s starting to almost get to that place where, if we were to make a sequel to Bad Company, what would than even imply?

“It’s scary to go back and try to remake an old fan favorite when actually no-one can really put their finger on what it is people love. Bringing back the characters and creating a great single-player out of that, sure, I can understand that.

“But some people say this: the Bad Company 2 multiplayer is the best you’ve ever done. Okay, why is that? It’s hard for people to articulate what that is, which is actually hard for us. It would be hard to remake something like that. Can we do it? Of course. We have our theories when it comes to the multiplayer.”

It sounds to me—and you can call my crazy here, Karl—that both the single-player and multiplayer were so good that the Bad Company games offered different things to a multitude of players. Maybe the reason you can’t put your finger on what made it great and people keep giving you different answers is that you appealed to such a wide audience, for once, that a lot of different people found something to love. Definitely not something that can be said for Battlefield 3 or 4.

Troedsson closed by offering Bad Company fans the faintest glimmer of hope, saying the sub-brand is not dead and it can be revived—unless it’s suddenly revealed that Preston, Sweetwater, Haggard, and Sarge have suddenly become the funniest boys in blue since Steve Gutenberg and gang in Police Academy—but those fans will definitely have to wait at least a little while longer.

----------------------

Source: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/ea-dice-knows-fans-want-more-bad-company-not-sure-how-to-deliver-it/

*I KNOW THIS IS A DIRECT COPY! I DID TO FOR YOU GUYS SO YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO GO TO THE SITE!* Your Welcome  :heart:

• Like 1

For me, it was all the great dedicated Rush maps, the accuracy of the guns. I think in the Bad Company games, you didn't have to lead your bullets like in the newer BF games, but it made the guns really fun to use. Some of the guns had the best iron sights I've seen in a game, while others looked really bad. Sniping looked and felt better. The scope would recoil back instead of up.

Things I didn't like the was how the guns would bounce around when you walked. I like the other newer BF controls more, but they're fine for a Bad Company game.

It's not better than BF3 or BF4, it just has a unique feel to the gameplay and guns that people like and miss. I want another Bad Company game with great graphics, Rush and Conquest dedicated maps.

• Like 1

Okay... I'm going to admit it... I don't own a single Bad Company game *guns drawn on me* WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT, hear me out!

I never owned a Bad Company because, to be fair, they never really piqued my interest. It wasn't a matter of them being good or bad, I just never had a real reason or incentive to go buy one. And this follows into the main topic here.

They don't know what to do because, I love DICE and all and I'm saying this with tough love, DICE is really nowadays a one trick pony. They need to appeal to one audience strictly with their games, look at Battlefield 4, the multi-player (in my opinion) is a ton of fun, but I'm a single-player guy, so the game, because of lacking in that area, didn't hold up for me and other SP dudes because DICE obviously aimed for MP dudes. DICE is trying to aim for one demographic because that's all they have to guarantee them money, but in the end, they will get revenue, but that game won't last the years like Bad Company has. DICE is afraid to spread their efforts, so they play it safe, with 80% into Multi-player and only $20 into Single-player. DICE is not really scared to LOSE money, rather, they're scared to stray from a working formula. Bungie never strayed from the typical style of Halo because the audience it was aimed at bought it up, when they tried to (ODST) it didn't work as well, but it lasted more and had people discussing it more. DICE is the same.

• Like 1

I owned and played both Bad Company 1 & 2's campaigns. Never got into the Multiplayer. I can see why the game was such a success. The Campaigns were goofy, but really good. How could you not love Haggard?

One of my favorite moments was when Haggard figured out there was Gold in Russia, and immediately ran off into Russia to go get it. "Haggard just single-handely invaded Russia!!!". Then there was the moment they land in Texas accidentally and Haggard instantly recognizes it and is like "OOOOO YEAH DALLAS COWBOYS!!". And who could forget the constant bickering between Haggard, and Sweetwater? Every Cutscene they would sit there and do random stuff, like playing Rock-Paper-Scissors. :D

For a Battlefield game, the Campaigns were above-par compared to the newer games. Though 3, and 4 went towards a more down to earth approach. I think the formula they need is to just be funny, and original. Let loose with the goofyness, and we'll be sure to gobble it up. BUT Keep the great gameplay too. That's going to be a challenge to balance both of those.

I might actually go and get these games back now that I remember. :)

• Like 1