Help with Halo 3 MAP files and extractions

Vipes

I'm trying to finish my Halo 3 Spartans addon for Gmod, however I can't find the rigging anywhere. I got the models, the textures, and the bumpmaps. Even detail maps. But, can't find the skeleton anywhere.

Also, I was recently informed that the Customization Menu/UI for Halo 3 does in fact have higher quality models and textures for the MP Spartans compaired to the MP MAP fies. However, where are they?

I don't even know what you are talking about... All models and textures are the same... It doesn't matter on what map file you use... Also as for the skeleton that is all in the jmad tag... This is if we are talking about Halo 3 .map files.... So you will extract the mode of a spartan, hlmt, bipd, jmad and also the char tag.

He's not talking about dependency extraction. The jmad is strictly for the animation raw and key frames. The rigged biped is in the render_model tag and should be extracted properly through Adjutant, but can only be imported through use of the AMF or that other first app format.

No, the models are not the same throughout the map files, just as the texturea are not. The tag table may list all textures used by a particular map, but not all are written internally, which is why some are not viewable or extractable unless you open the mainmenu or shared resource. Similar to Reach and ODST, some models are unique to certain maps, and this includes bipeds.

The character tag will do nothing to help him, as this is specific actor data for Halo. I dont have experience with GMod and it never looked intereating enough to bother with.

Figured out how to do it, had to export them as EMFs. But I couldn't find the hq models and textures that the main menu uses, as what I found appears to be visually the same with the ones in the other .map files.