343i You are about to ruin Halo 2 with a Skull!

Ok for some who have not heard, 343i is making it where if you pre order some serten places you get diffrent Skulls unlocked. That being Said I already don't like. But to add on They are making one of the Skulls the Bandana Skull, Unlimited ammo witch can be nice but the fact that the player will not have to (EARN) the achievment, is going to piss me off a bit.  ( Sorry for any spelling errs. I am not so great with it)

Noobs don't have the right to say they beat Legendary with some Noob Skull. It makes the whole point of Legendary being hard and challenging. It's just going to piss me off hearing some 6 year old kid saying "oh I beat Legendary" when all he did was spam grenades the whole time and that skull takes out skill and the challenge of Legendary. I want that Legendary Achievement to be -Earned by true skill and hard work!- Not by a bunch noobs using a overpowerd skull. and at least if they are going to make that skull they should make you have to -EARN IT- complete  Halo 2 on Legendary Solo, No Skulls. Then thay can have that Skull. They can do as they please but for **** sakes dont give it to people just because they have money to buy it!!!

That is my point of view on it. Skulls should NOT be baught, They should be Earned by hard challenges and skill.

I Love Halo 2, But I want this to be the best game again and I want then to make you work for the Skulls and Achievments and unlockables. They already said Terminals are going to be easy to find. Please don't let the skulls be easy to get and please please Don't give people the Bandana Skull so easly... well it's kinda poitless to rant about it now they already announced it... If you pre order from some store they give you it .... Thank you 343... :nono: This game looks amazing though and I am real exited about it. But that news was a little dissapointing.

Well it is cheap that they would put such OP Skulls as pre-orders, but look at it this way. The games have been around forever. Most people who get it will be veteran Halo guys who have already beaten most of the games on Legendary. A couple Skulls (that not everyone will get) is not that bad.

I don't think I heard the same argument when CEA came out... it's where ALL these pre-order Skulls came from (excluding Bonded Pair and the other ones who haven't been announced). Bandana and Pinata were in-game Skulls that had to be found to activate, while the Grunt Funeral Skull was a pre-order. Even though you had to find them to activate them (you could literally look up where to find them), they were still there. The game was still hard to beat anyway.

The point I'm making here is this: While Skulls are there to modify the campaign you can still play the original Legendary without the Skulls on. If the "N00bs" say they beat it on Legendary, then that's their problem. Invite them to play with you on Legendary without the Skulls, and if they completely suck then you know they used the Skulls.

Besides it was pretty fun in CEA with the Skulls on. Watching Grunts blow up in a chain reaction explosion that blows up half the map is priceless.

• Like 3

The point of the Masterchief collection is for people to experience the joy that they had when first playing the Masterchief games. By unlocking everything at the start, it allows for people to have a much more experimental and fun experience rather than only some people bothering to unlock everything.

The skulls are one of those, and they will have achievements for missions without/with skulls loaded, for example, if a true mythic achievement was available, then all gold skulls and blind will be on, not bandana because it's not part of the original SLASO.

Another point to think about it, is that it didn't really do anything regarding Halo CE:A, no one cared that some people had the preorder skull Grunt Funeral, because you didn't have to use it. Same with Bandada or others, because it'll show up in the service record I'm assuming to which skulls you used. So again, it doesn't matter if preorder skulls exist or not. It's just for fun.

• Like 4

​I second this. Halo 2 needs to keep the original skulls and not add crap skulls like piñata or bandana. Skulls were mad to make the game challenging. The only skull that really helped on H2 was maybe sputnik and GBP because of the AOE damage. They also need to kep it to where the skulls are locked and need to be found at the original spots and only on legendary. It took me some time to find the skull on the level gravemind only to shot in the face by the grunt with the fuel rod. (Good Times.)

That's my only problem with this remake. The elites look like crap and the skulls are going to messed with. 

If they want to use that skull then that's their choice. If they used it and you didn't then that should make you feel good instead of make you mad. Knowing that you beat it without the skull where as they had to use it. I already beat Halo 2 on Legendary when it first came out and dealt with the dead shot Jackels. So when I get this game I WILL be using my Bandana skull. I don't really care. I want to have fun replaying the best Halo game to date, not be mad for days while I get destroyed by the beastly Jackels. I went through it with Iron on and a friend split screen and it was even harder so I've earned the right to use the skull :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Learn how to spell simple words, and I'll take you seriously. Besides, all skulls are timed pre-order bonuses. Everyone gets them eventually.

Edited by BaconShelf

WHAT!?!?!?!?! OMGWTFBBQSAUCE!!!!!! HALO IS RUINED BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE A SKULL!!!!!!

If you cant detect the sarcasm in the capslock attack then here is your spoiler: It was sarcasm.

Seriously, Halo doesn't get ruined from a single skull being added. It might ruin it for you, AND YOU ALONE, but for the rest of us you don't have a bloody clue. Don't come crying to people that something in ruined when it is judged on an individual basis. You might not like it but others could. Doesn't make it ruined, only not to your particular tastes.

I am going to be sick of these posts very quickly....

Over exaggeration at it's finest. Perhaps it's easier, but as stated above, it's all your choice to turn the skull on. Also, how would you know that they beat Legendary with this skull unless they outright say "I beat Halo 2 Legendary with Bandanna on.", also, why care to a degree to say it will "ruin" Halo 2? If they beat it with this skull on, good for them, great. If your personal preference is to beat Halo 2 Legendary with no skulls, then just care about what you do, not what they do.

+ Halo 2 will be hard on Legendary regardless of Bandanna being activated. CE sure was. 

On one hand you have some kid that thinks he's accomplished something by beating the AI in a game on legendary.

On another hand you have some skilled gamer knowing that they've accomplished something by having a respectable K/D ratio.

The 2nd accomplishment is far greater than the first.  Anyone can play a repetitive AI, figure it out, and beat legendary.  Not everyone can be in the top 5% in the world in K/D ratio.  That actually takes skill, and that's the best way to get true enjoyment out of a game.  At least for me.  I've played enough games where you beat the AI and finish the game. 

This does nothing for me anymore.

A shame that lessons like these aren't taught to kids.  It's all about "having fun" and taking the easiest way possible to get false self gratification. 

So please, enlighten me again as to why I would be worried about how unlimited amo in the campain effects my enjoyment of making my opposition go negative in K/D every night lol?!?

Skull on or off, both result in no skill in the grand sceme of things.  It's like saying a $1000 car is better than a $500 car.  In the end, both are not worth a second thought when you look at the big picture.

The 2nd accomplishment is far greater than the first.  Anyone can play a repetitive AI, figure it out, and beat legendary.  Not everyone can be in the top 5% in the world in K/D ratio.  That actually takes skill, and that's the best way to get true enjoyment out of a game.

Opinion.

You don't have to be worried about the skull if being a top 5% K/D wizard is all you care about. Just don't act like that is the only way to get "True" enjoyment out of a game. "True" enjoyment is what YOU find enjoyable and worthwhile in a game. It may be campaign for some, or fooling around in private games. A respectable K/D is far from something I care about, just like beating a Legendary campaign with "repetitive" A.I is not any concern of yours.

• Like 1

You don't have to be worried about the skull if being a top 5% K/D wizard is all you care about. Just don't act like that is the only way to get "True" enjoyment out of a game. "True" enjoyment is what YOU find enjoyable and worthwhile in a game. It may be campaign for some, or fooling around in private games. A respectable K/D is far from something I care about, just like beating a Legendary campaign with "repetitive" A.I is not any concern of yours.

^

I agree with this.

Halo 3 my favourite part of the game was not....

Completing it Laso style on legendary difficulty
Getting a 50 in all playlists
Forging new maps

No it was this.... Lifting Elephants into the air on forge then spawning 16 energy swords and having pirate battles on them with 15 friends. :)

That was the high point of Halo 3 for me.

Edited by Caboose the Ace
  • Like 1

You don't have to be worried about the skull if being a top 5% K/D wizard is all you care about. Just don't act like that is the only way to get "True" enjoyment out of a game. "True" enjoyment is what YOU find enjoyable and worthwhile in a game. It may be campaign for some, or fooling around in private games. A respectable K/D is far from something I care about, just like beating a Legendary campaign with "repetitive" A.I is not any concern of yours.

^

I agree with this.

Halo 3 my favourite part of the game was not....

Completing it Laso style on legendary difficulty

Getting a 50 in all playlists

Forging new maps

No it was this.... Lifting Elephants into the air on forge then spawning 16 energy swords and having pirate battles on them with 15 friends. :)

That was the high point of Halo 3 for me.

lol my Halo 3 high point was well... the same high point I had in Halo CE betraying marines on Legendary and having a good 'ol fight with them then revert to last checkpoint to do it all over again

• Like 1

lol my Halo 3 high point was well... the same high point I had in Halo CE betraying marines on Legendary and having a good 'ol fight with them then revert to last checkpoint to do it all over again

My god yes! In Crow's Nest Me and the Cousin would kill the Marines and hold out upstairs and try to kill them all. But they have freaking God-Mode bullets! :D

My god yes! In Crow's Nest Me and the Cousin would kill the Marines and hold out upstairs and try to kill them all. But they have freaking God-Mode bullets! :D

I did that too! I grabbed the BR and pistol ran back shot 2 marines and bolted before the door shut so I could camp 

• 1 month later...

People can turn on whatever skulls they want.

I mostly used the bandana skull on legendary in Anniversary because Shotgun ammo was so hard to find and you're constantly being bombarded by flood.

I don't know how much time you have to waste, but I have other things to do than stay hid up in my room playing Halo.

I want to finish the mission without dying 100 times.

No one's forcing you to use it. Beating anything on legendary is a challenge, Bandana or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Already beaten all the Halo games on Legendary anyway multiple times, I'm gonna play Halo 2: Anniversary on Legendary with the Bandanna skull on just for the fun of it!   :rambo:  :2guns: Seriously, most of us fans back in the day must of said that you want at least unlimited ammo to help, now that chance is here.

When you find a skull from campagin, They should be earned for some armor parts or sets, like in H3 with haybusa, but I never knew Halo 2 would have skulls. Skulls are good to have it earned. I could agree more with having skulls to be earned when you find them.

Halo 2 was the first Halo game to have the skulls.

Ok for some who have not heard, 343i is making it where if you pre order some serten places you get diffrent Skulls unlocked. That being Said I already don't like. But to add on They are making one of the Skulls the Bandana Skull, Unlimited ammo witch can be nice but the fact that the player will not have to (EARN) the achievment, is going to **** me off a bit.  ( Sorry for any spelling errs. I am not so great with it)

Noobs don't have the right to say they beat Legendary with some Noob Skull. It makes the whole point of Legendary being hard and challenging. It's just going to **** me off hearing some 6 year old kid saying "oh I beat Legendary" when all he did was spam grenades the whole time and that skull takes out skill and the challenge of Legendary. I want that Legendary Achievement to be -Earned by true skill and hard work!- Not by a bunch noobs using a overpowerd skull. and at least if they are going to make that skull they should make you have to -EARN IT- complete  Halo 2 on Legendary Solo, No Skulls. Then thay can have that Skull. They can do as they please but for **** sakes dont give it to people just because they have money to buy it!!!

That is my point of view on it. Skulls should NOT be baught, They should be Earned by hard challenges and skill.

I Love Halo 2, But I want this to be the best game again and I want then to make you work for the Skulls and Achievments and unlockables. They already said Terminals are going to be easy to find. Please don't let the skulls be easy to get and please please Don't give people the Bandana Skull so easly... well it's kinda poitless to rant about it now they already announced it... If you pre order from some store they give you it .... Thank you 343... :nono: This game looks amazing though and I am real exited about it. But that news was a little dissapointing.

I agree that the skulls should be found to be unlocked. I also agree on the point that achievements should not be able to be unlocked when the Bandanna skull is activated. I am also tired of Preorder gimmicks.

That being said, you do not have the right to determine the rights of "noobz". You are not the one devoting the manpower to creating the game, you are not the one paying the people doing so, you are not the one who has to spend overtime to make sure the project meets it's deadline, and you are not the one who has to answer to their boss when they need more time to finish the game.

Halo 2 was the first Halo game to have the skulls.

I agree that the skulls should be found to be unlocked. I also agree on the point that achievements should not be able to be unlocked when the Bandanna skull is activated. I am also tired of Preorder gimmicks.

That being said, you do not have the right to determine the rights of "noobz". You are not the one devoting the manpower to creating the game, you are not the one paying the people doing so, you are not the one who has to spend overtime to make sure the project meets it's deadline, and you are not the one who has to answer to their boss when they need more time to finish the game.

Wow. Halo 2 was the first game to have skulls? I did not know that. Mind blown.