Playdate Ideas

Sikslik7

343i_playdate_banner_by_bronyswag-d5q8ra

In the past, we have had multiple threads that have had reasonable success which gave members the opportunity to come up with and suggest ideas for  community playdates. It has been over a year since the last thread, and I feel this needs to be something that is constantly being updated. The staff are doing a great job of coming up with ideas and so is the community, but many of the member hosted events are having only reasonable success. In order to help the staff and members gauge what can be a very successful playdate, please present your ideas.

In the past, certain playdates had great success, and here are a few categories and examples of playdates which have had great success. 

Versus:

Staff VS. Members 

Ninjas VS. Forum

Reach Underground

The Great Forum War (upcoming)

Gametype Specific:

Goodbye Invasion

Clue

General Customs

Race

SWAT

Other Games on Xbox:

Halo Wars

Minecraft (Xbox version)

COD 4

Games on PC:

Payday 2

Civ 5

Minecraft (PC)

And the next big hit, it just could be up to you and your ideas

Edited by Sikslik7
  • Like 4

How about Pirate Ship battles on Halo 3?

One team gets and elephant the other team gets the other, you could drive up next to each other and board each other and fight with swords. And if there is a way to do killzones you can make it so you can't touch the ground and only spawn in the elephant. More or less a game instead of a playdate, but if I heard this was going to be at a playdate I would definitly join.

Edited by Yoshi1176
  • Like 4

Some ideas of my own:

Invasion mate!

Forge contest with showcase event (Hint: this is a great one!)

League of Legends (Computer, but free to play)

Age of Empires 2 with expansions (about $10 total at Target/Walmart, new HD version on Steam for $20) I would not recommend using the Steam variant though, as you have to pay for certain major fanmade DLC ($10 where it would be normally free). 

• Like 1

Gametype specific: Obviously some gametypes are loved more than others, but here are two things that I think could be added.

Firstly, to tack on to Clue we could also have Murder Mystery.

Next, we can have flood-only playdates, which would have variety considering there are many, many different styles of play that Flood/Infection custom games can have due to the large custom game options.

Other games on Xbox: 

Happy Wars (Free, but.....)

Other games on PC:

League of Legends (Free)

Team Fortress 2 (Free)

Dota 2 (If you wanna poo)

Other:

We need a map testing lobby. Able used to run the tuesday testing lobby on here but that has since stopped, rightfully so, considering that THFE moved, but time and time again I see hosts on here use maps that are untested, unrefined and as a result not as fun as they could be - OR they're creating a map and gametype of which a better version already exists out there. This provides the forgers the know of 1. if their idea has been done before, allowing them to focus on innovation and 2. how their map can improve.

Cross-Site events. The 2v2 event was shut down because everybody was too busy working on their own things, and quite a few of the staff got caught up with their life as school ended. However, summer is basically here for many people, and with a bit of extra effort we can definitely get a cross-site event. Note: I'm not so sure about Forgecafe, since, since the 15th of june, their domain name had expired.

Recording lobbies that are dedicated for people to record footage.

More narrative-entwined events (It's always nice to give people that serotonin boost when they see their name on a post on the internet by a stranger they don't know outside their virtual life saying that they did meh in an event and then overdramatizing that with a story.)

• Like 2

More narrative-entwined events (It's always nice to give people that serotonin boost when they see their name on a post on the internet by a stranger they don't know outside their virtual life saying that they did meh in an event and then overdramatizing that with a story.)

You'll actually be seeing some of this as The Great Forum War gets underway: we'll be writing a little bit of backstory for individual matches prior to the start of the lobbies, and then battle reports afterward decribing the outcome, the greater effect on the war, and and moments of individual awesomeness that happen in-game.

• Like 1

You'll actually be seeing some of this as The Great Forum War gets underway: we'll be writing a little bit of backstory for individual matches prior to the start of the lobbies, and then battle reports afterward decribing the outcome, the greater effect on the war, and and moments of individual awesomeness that happen in-game.

Ya I noe vigilant intellect

I would like to add and suggest, a DLC playdate, with the point being that we play only DLC maps. If we have enough members, we could go into mm and therefore have a much higher chance of playing a DLC map and the chance to earn achievements on them.

Edited by Sikslik7