Please make the Master Chief Collection for PC gamers

Hi, Im new to this forum, but my rmain reason to join was to request Master Chief Collection to PC. PC Gaming is a huge community and for some strange reason we have been left in the dark. I loved halo CE and Halo 2. After many years of waiting we finally hear of a HD collection. Please 343 make this game  PC also.

• Like 2

Hi, Im new to this forum, but my rmain reason to join was to request Master Chief Collection to PC. PC Gaming is a huge community and for some strange reason we have been left in the dark. I loved halo CE and Halo 2. After many years of waiting we finally hear of a HD collection. Please 343 make this game  PC also.

Sorry but we're not 343. Waypoint is their official hootenanny.

But I hope they end up releasing a PC version as well. Frank 'O Connor did say that creating a PC version wouldn't be impossible, but it's not in the works right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Not going to happen because Halo is one of the only really good reasons to get a XB1 and a massive advantage over Sony why would MS gives it up ? :)

I have to agree on this because console mentality of game design ****** really hard the gaming quality. Console design mentality and greed ****** pretty good ideas of having two scarabs and flying vehicles on a game. The ambition of selling an SKU package ****** great ideas on potential games like Halo Master chief collection.

I don't blame PC users who asks for some care. 

PC gamers put quality and life to these games to a greater extend. Even today Halo CE is played by many. The PC industry may not be seen that profitable but they make profits on the long run. Do you know why 343i and especially YOU console peasants? PC players, modders and programmers brings life into these games, they provide great ideas, and provide lots good idea for CONSOLE PLAYERS. 

The exclusion and almost prejudice against PC players really decrease the potential of amazing ideas of these games. They provide lot of replay value and opportunities for DLC for console players who wants these implementations? Why developers are this short sighted? Why publishers are so short sighted when the binomial relation between PC players and console users can provide dividend for THEM. Great games are enjoyed on PC and CONSOLES. 

Developers should delegate, yes they should, instead of closing the possibility of extended ideas coming from the community. Good or bad these ideas will resonate and become part of the next games. People want to see things and they purchase when they see them happening. 343i should be more open to these ideas and add tools for the community on CONSOLES and PC. Many PC players enjoy playing with console gamers. There are interesting ideas for the game being tested and shared. PC users also HAVE CONSOLES.  

You are right, some imbeciles prefer to RACE AGAINST THE PS4 other than providing amazing games for the community.  To boot such money will be shipped to MS directly while I PAY MICROSOFT for that amazing DLC. Why investors are this short sighted? Why? 

I have to agree on this because console mentality of game design f,ucked really hard the gaming quality. Console design mentality and greed f,uked pretty good ideas of having two scarabs and flying vehicles on a game. The ambition of selling an SKU package f,uked great ideas on potential games like Halo Master chief collection.

I don't blame PC users who asks for some care. 

PC gamers put quality and life to these games to a greater extend. Even today Halo CE is played by many. The PC industry may not be seen that profitable but they make profits on the long run. Do you know why 343i and especially YOU console peasants? PC players, modders and programmers brings life into these games, they provide great ideas, and provide lots good idea for CONSOLE PLAYERS. 

The exclusion and almost prejudice against PC players really decrease the potential of amazing ideas of these games. They provide lot of replay value and opportunities for DLC for console players who wants these implementations? Why developers are this short sighted? Why publishers are so short sighted when the binomial relation between PC players and console users can provide dividend for THEM. Great games are enjoyed on PC and CONSOLES. 

Developers should delegate, yes they should, instead of closing the possibility of extended ideas coming from the community. Good or bad these ideas will resonate and become part of the next games. People want to see things and they purchase when they see them happening. 343i should be more open to these ideas and add tools for the community on CONSOLES and PC. Many PC players enjoy playing with console gamers. There are interesting ideas for the game being tested and shared. PC users also HAVE CONSOLES.  

You are right, some imbeciles prefer to RACE AGAINST THE PS4 other than providing amazing games for the community.  To boot such money will be shipped to MS directly while I PAY MICROSOFT for that amazing DLC. Why investors are this short sighted? Why? 

Edit:

I do respect the 343i work force and their approach to their games but some actions are simply illogical. 

Short sighted.... you know nothing about the way consoles work. :)

You are the one who is short sighted.

MS is fighting at console war they are closing but... they have Halo and Halo is one of the only reasons to get a XB1...

I could not count the amount of people who are getting a XB1 just for Halo 5.

MS needs Halo as this is their darkest hour.

"Short sighted.... you know nothing about the way consoles work.  :)

You are the one who is short sighted.

These comments right here appear to have the depth of a pond. I'm not going to address answers worthy of a Fields Medal. 

"MS is fighting at console war they are closing but... they have Halo and Halo is one of the only reasons to get a XB1...

I could not count the amount of people who are getting a XB1 just for Halo 5.

MS needs Halo as this is their darkest hour."

The castration of a great game reverts on the long run. The fiasco of the XBone was the doings of MS incorrect leadership. They are the ones to blame. They may atone the losses with a good batch of games but there are many mistakes like poor memory selection, inferior architecture and overall under performance. Their cheap investment and the mistakes of the console manufacturer should not interfere with the game selection, philosophy and delivery. The WiiU produces great game with almost no power. The quality is IN THE GAMES.  

The money done on PC will return to MS. 

The money done on consoles will return to MS. 

Where is the loss here? Is MS dumb enough to rely on hit titles like they did with the 360? Well, if they where dumb enough to under deliver an inferior SKU they have to recoup with a great selection of games and a better selection of philosophy. Sorry but Sony had a better strategy that is paying off. If MS change their policies with their gamers and PC players maybe they could have a good chance making many of us getting an XBONE without the Kinect. The key is in the price and how MS handles his customers. 

Driver is correct on many aspects. Sony has always advertised and marketed the Playstation by showing games, showcasing games and marketing the quality GAME experience you expect.

On the other side, Microsoft, starting with the 360 half way through it's EOL decided ro begim marketing and showcasing Microsoft consoles as the "social" center of your gaming experience. Rather than show powerful game development and quality products, they focused on 3rd part apps, social integration and silly features that make the console less of a console and more of a settop cable smart box.

The numbers don't lie folks, gamers clearly saw a poor focus and hardware development pitfall with Microsoft and gave their money to Sony instead. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with continued 1st party support and making great exclusive games to support your platform. But what is wrong, is having to rely on a milk fest of previous titles in order to sell your platform. How many times are you morons willing to throw money at MS for the same game a second or third time? I have yat to see Sony dig deep and remaster a collection just to sell it's console.

Releasing PC ports does nothing to stave off console sales, as a majority of homes already have a PC that is capable of playing current gen titles, and only offers a gamer a different selection of online gamers than a console. It hurts no one and benefits everyone.

How many potential Halo sales do you think Microsoft missed out on because parents or gamers, couldnt afford to upgrade to a new console? How many more sales are likely to be lost because not everyone will be able to afford an Xbox One? The problem I see with idiotic responses to this thread, is that little kids seem to think we are all rich, and everyone can afford a shiny new Xbox and a game library to go with it.

"having to rely on a milk fest of previous titles in order to sell your platform."

Precisely. 

When a company depends on a remake to sell consoles than some policies went wrong all along. The dependence of Gears of War, Halo and Forza never resulted on a full success. MS want to endorse their products but some policies hurts their intentions to sell video games. Halo is an amazing franchise, but took the wrong tour leaving many opportunities out. 

Why we don't have space battle armadas? Just one or two stages suffice, the rest could be designed like all the Halo we all like to play? Why can't we see battles with Scarabs? Or provide support for CONSOLES giving more tools for the players. Yes, we know, some hardware requires more work because the power is not there, why not let those amazing ideas flourish on PC and implement them on the next Sequel? 

Halo CE is played even today. Bungie is loosing an immense opportunity leaving PC players in the dark with Destiny. The PC community is very important and so the console community. Their importance reverts on long replay ideas for the game MS wants to sell. Their condescending tone, arrogance and the attitude towards the PC player leaves many potential players outside the loop. Piracy is no longer an excuse because there is Steam. The digital distribution and online can protect those sales, moreover when the potential fun of Halo depends on the ONLINE cooperative experience. 

"How many times are you morons willing to throw money at MS for the same game a second or third time?"

With all honesty I don't have any problem rethinking second purchase of the SAME PRODUCT if the product includes the following:

1. A remake of all HALO games to a higher standard other than a cosmetic graphic switch between the new and the OLD. The fan service is valid but it can hurt the game development itself. I don't want to rule out the idea however I want to see a fresh IMPROVEMENT over Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4. Those games where good but there was too many hit and miss. I want to see 343 improve all the stages while they keep the core of each game intact. For example, stages could be expanded for more exploration, some unexplored regions could be added, bugs fixed and models improved. The stage doesn't need to change significantly however it can improve on many other details. 

2. An improvement over the editing tools, this could be the so called "little big planet" of the FPS genre. If the editor tools allows ample options, vehicles and set ups, Halo can breath new life on PC and Consoles. We want to make Halo our game too. Look how successful is Minecraft and Little Big Planet. Halo has a great support of the community, if the community participates more, the game stays for longer providing lots of sales on the long run. A forge editor in any part of the worlds in Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4 campaign levels is enough to boost interest.

3.  A four player cooperative for all the Halo games. The lecture of the same product with an upgrade of the current generation changes the nature of the product itself. It is not the same playing Halo 1 with four player on the campaign with the same AI. The AI needs to change and the number of enemies must change. Some elements may remain the same but others requires a complete redesign. If the games are kept identical (Halo 3 and Halo 4) then why I should spend another 60 dollars for a product with slight improvements when we already have them? 

Illustrations:

Costume mod without the barriers on the Halo forge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMF47f33-Rw 

Edited material out of the Halo games. The first space battle with the ships and the banshee and the broadsword. 

Space Wars Halo 4 mod. 

As you said, if there is no significant progress, I don't see why I have to invest 60 dollars on the same product. 343i is having a school session with all the designed Halos. This could be it, however we don't need to pay their enrolling years of training for a product with a slight improvement. I can wait for a true rehash, however MS must invest in it. A cheap face wash up is not enough. 

But really...

MS need Halo that is it....

Halo moves Xbox ones

Sure Halo on pc makes money but does it move consoles ?

No, and all MS wants right now is to move consoles. :)

MS always need something to sell. However can it sell well? Can really satisfy clients? Can MS see a perspective in it while they sale? 

MS moves XBONES not one hit titles like they did with the 360. MS should invest on native first parties like Sony did and develop with a good investment instead of pulling cheap thrills. 

Halo on PC will move Halo hence the benefit for console players will be greater and in the long run MS will get a steady sale of the title and the console. How about DLC from the PC community? How about map packages at a fair price for the Console community with the ideas of the PC players? 

MS went deeply imbecile when they included kinect, their weird policies of borrowed games. MS should stop depending on these crutches and get their crap straight. Consoles are moved when MS decides to BUILT UP A LIBRARY of good games. The dependence of very few brands is the stupidest thing to do. MS did that for the last ten years with the 360. 

MS went deeply imbecile when they included kinect, their weird policies of borrowed games. MS should stop depending on these crutches and get their crap straight. Consoles are moved when MS decides to BUILT UP A LIBRARY of good games. The dependence of very few brands is the stupidest thing to do. MS did that for the last ten years with the 360.

Xbox has really turned it around for starters..... those polices are long gone, along with the person who made them. 

Well then...

MS moves XBONES not one hit titles like they did with the 360. MS should invest on native first parties like Sony did and develop with a good investment instead of pulling cheap thrills.

Ms has lots of first party devs and even one or two third party devs under is belt.

Games move systems, and Halo is one of those games that is going to move systems,

Halo the mc collection

Halo 5

Crackdown 3

These three games are the most hyped first party games of the Xbox one from what I have seen as of now.

Did you notice it? Halo is one of these, Halo is going to move systems, lots of systems, I cannot count the number of people I have met who are getting a xbox one just for Halo.

Halo moves Xbox's and that is the Xbox division type priority moving systems with good games.

Like Halo. :)

"Ms has lots of first party devs and even one or two third party devs under is belt.

Games move systems, and Halo is one of those games that is going to move systems,

Halo the mc collection

Halo 5

Crackdown 3

These three games are the most hyped first party games of the Xbox one from what I have seen as of now.

Did you notice it? Halo is one of these, Halo is going to move systems, lots of systems, I cannot count the number of people I have met who are getting a xbox one just for Halo."

They can prioritize selling consoles. I don't mind waiting a year or two. We want to see the game on PC because it has lots of potential. I do know MS strategy but they should not leave PC users outside the loop. We want to see a great game on a platform that can elevate it to a higher position. It will benefit 343i on the long run. 

I would love to see it come to the PC, but as other people said above it's most likely not going to happen. It's sad really, most people (like me) Can't afford a XB1. So unfortunately I'm not going to play this Halo, at least not at my house. Besides I think it's dumb spending €500 on a console anyway.

I am just going to end this here. :)

This is a fan forum nothing more. I don't work for MS. Ms would never do this anyway one way or another.

It may even be better for them but they still are not going to do it.

MS is getting FLOWERED pretty hard as expected. 

http://recode.net/2014/07/17/microsoft-to-shut-down-xbox-entertainment-studios/

The fiasco of the Xbox one launch is hurting their economy pretty hard. MS felt behind for many dumb reasons. At least the top drones are getting a good lesson on what players expect. 

MS please, next time, learn how to make a proper console. Thank you. : )

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language, please do not attempt to evade word filters.

MS is getting f,ucked pretty hard as expected. 

http://recode.net/2014/07/17/microsoft-to-shut-down-xbox-entertainment-studios/

The fiasco of the Xbox one launch is hurting their economy pretty hard. MS felt behind for many dumb reasons. At least the top drones are getting a good lesson on what players expect. 

MS please, next time, learn how to make a proper console. Thank you. : )

What is your "Ideal" of a proper console? One that has no problems at launch? That might have been the case with older consoles, but not with ones that rely heavily on a connected gaming service architecture, or more complicated hardware. At least like I would think.

And problems plagued the last gen consoles just like this gen. Not specifically Xbox. Playstation, and the Wii were also stormed by glitches, and handling problems: as well as Handheld. Right now the PS4 is suffering problems just like Xbox. Don't sit there and point a finger at MS.

Judging from that sentence you sound like an Elitist. Of course the PS4 has slightly better graphical capability then the Xbox One, but does that really make it a better console? Isn't it the experience you get out of the console that matters? A console can have the better specs, but it all comes down to how the games actually use them to the fullest extent.

Relating to the initial "DRM" procedure by Microsoft... yes it was an extreme move to try to get more people online. Unfortunately we are steadfast with the physical disc, and offline capability, so MS's plan faltered. They still delivered a pretty nice console at launch though. I think the only problems were the Kinect, and lack of games, but now the Kinect has been dropped, and a tidal wave of new games are incoming from the horizon.

Lastly to sit there and try to end an argument with something COMPLETELY off-topic is a low blow...

Right now the PS4 is suffering problems just like Xbox. Don't sit there and point a finger at MS.

Judging from that sentence you sound like an Elitist. 

First, don't tell me what to say, think or do. 

Second, I'm a PC elitist, you are absolutely right on that. I'm passive on these forums because I accept console gaming.

MS made a fiasco and they have to pay for their stupidity. Their lack of vision threw them into this mess. They have to pay dearly and deal with the consequences. No one forced them to do those short comings. Their lack of perspective and their random selection of priorities threw the Xbox behind. 

Common sense says that not everybody wants to pay fees for borrowed games. Not everybody wants to purchase a code to play a borrowed game. That alone threw many gamers off shore. The other imbecile move was the idiocy of Kinect and all of its uselessness. That made the console too expensive under an inferior architecture in comparison to the PS4. Those are hard facts that are already established. You can research those. 

MS, if they are truly interested in selling units, they have to invest on first parties, deliver true next generation games for the Xbox one and focus on the player and better online services. MS is arrogant and petulant in many moves. They act too condescending as if they where the only one on the competition. And their game studios are on a halt. 

The question is this. When MS will truly have next generation games instead of the excrement of cross platform games? When MS will INVEST in technology for graphics optimization and graphics quality for better and smoother frame rates? Where is that code? Is MS going the same path of depending on Halo all the way to move consoles? 

The stakes are these. PS4 is a superior console. MS decided to go behind in the tech department. However the WiiU has a wonderful list of games under a true inferior console. In other words hardware may be important but the attitude of delivery of MS is just horrid. They have to stop being so clumsy and stupid over important decisions. 

"Xbox one is not a proper console ?  "

Xbox one IS NOT a proper console. It is a media center. It tried to be the jack of all trades and failed miserably. 

When MS hires designers for the next console, then you can be deeply sure that MS is not doing well with the current one. That's the very basics. Can the Xbox 1 offer good games? Yes of course. Hardware is not a definitive trait for purchase. However if the library is weak, and it is weak right now, people are going to look for the PS4 library and to be honest it looks way better than the one promised by MS. 

Oh and more news....

http://www.newsledge.com/2-big-surprises-yesterdays-npd-report-7890

Told ya.

Is this thread a basis for kids to scream "OMG LE PC MASTUR RACE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"?. Looking at the posts I'm assuming so.

BTW PC's couldn't handle the collection in the first place, let alone factor in low res mods.

Halo has been an Xbox exclusive for ages now, and the only way the Xbox One's going to make money right now is through it. Considering it's low game library right now