Destiny for the PC is being discussed

Destiny might still come to the PC.

Bungie-Destiny-PC.jpg

Bungie's project Destiny is still only being developed for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4. But a PC release is not off the table yet, according to CEO Eric Hershberg.

"A PC release is a possibility and we're certainly looking in to it. It would be a very logical decision with this type of game. We have no announcement for it as of now, but it is being discussed," he sais in an interview.

Hirschberg continues by saying that developing a game for 4 platforms is hard work as it is and adding a 5th platform might be a bit too much to handle.

"Developing a PC game is completely different then developing a game for a console. We don't want to rush into things, we want to make sure that we are doing this thing right and make sure it is high quality. But I can see how a PC version can work out."

So it appears to be that a Destiny PC version might come somewhere in the future if Bungie has some more time on their hands.

If you're not buying the game for the consoles, would you buy it for the PC?

Let me know down below!

Thank you for reading!

Source:

http://nl.ign.com/news/9668/activision-destiny-voor-pc-wordt-besproken

• Like 3

Spartan, the PC version will always have a higher quality of graphical rendering and effects.  Think Crysis 2 and 3, and the insane amount of detail you could add and download to expand upon the already phenomenal look of the game. 

For all it's worth, the Xbox One and PS4 will look similar in all aspects.  PS3 and 360 will look far uglier than the next gen ones.  It all boils down to how efficiently the Tiger/Destiny Engine was written and how well it utilizes the "locked" and very new hardware components that the consoles provide them to work with.  That's why it is also harder to develop for the PC, because of the various hardware configurations.  But that isn't the hardest part to develop for.  It's changing over formats to a standard not used on the console, re-writing a network model to support online gaming, and a few others.

I totally saw this coming!  Activision is a multi-platform company and it was only a matter of time before they made the next logical step...bringing Destiny to the PC.

Whether or not it does well on console has no impact on it's PC counterpart.  Remember, every game that is produced initially, is already bought and paid for before the actual release to us.  The game comes out in July I believe?  All the sales will already be done and Activision will have it's multimillions weeks before we get the game.  So even if the game is a complete failure and the population barely holds 1-2000 players a month later...Activision already made millions.

Spartan, the PC version will always have a higher quality of graphical rendering and effects.  Think Crysis 2 and 3, and the insane amount of detail you could add and download to expand upon the already phenomenal look of the game. 

For all it's worth, the Xbox One and PS4 will look similar in all aspects.  PS3 and 360 will look far uglier than the next gen ones.  It all boils down to how efficiently the Tiger/Destiny Engine was written and how well it utilizes the "locked" and very new hardware components that the consoles provide them to work with.  That's why it is also harder to develop for the PC, because of the various hardware configurations.  But that isn't the hardest part to develop for.  It's changing over formats to a standard not used on the console, re-writing a network model to support online gaming, and a few others.

I totally saw this coming!  Activision is a multi-platform company and it was only a matter of time before they made the next logical step...bringing Destiny to the PC.

Oh, I'm not talking about the way it looks no one denies the PC will look better. I'm talking about the port itself, as in how it runs on the PC, If they take the time to give you propper settings PC games should have, etc. Which I hear can be quite the problem, When devs just ignores these things.

Yoko, I suggest you drop this "master pc race" crap right now. Im really sick and ******* tired of it. You dont like PC gamers, thats fine. But keep your ignorant dumb *** comments to yourself.

*sigh* Alrighty then, let's get down to it.

I don't think he dislikes PC gamers, just those who go around abusing console players, and you KNOW it happens, more often then the other way around too. Now, I'm a PC gamer myself, I play my consoles MORE and don't in any right believe my PC is better, but that's just me. However, when one of your 'kind' will just start whining and screaming about their 4K Steamsale master race bullcrap, your whole community's reputation is going to be tarnished. A lot of people don't go full PC simply due to how disgusting the community is, as you all seem to be rabidly attacking console users and even EACH OTHER, even though it ISN'T all of you. I understand his frustration, and I understand yours, but you BOTH need to understand each other's problems.

In short, his comments are dumb, and neither are yours, you both have opinions, and that's fine. You can't blame Yoko for being mad at the community though, because every forum I go to (even this one) seems to accept the massive abuse console gamers get from PC gamers. And Yoko needs to understand that the answer ISN'T limiting the game from PC players, but trying to work WITH each other. We're all gamers in the end, this is an idiotic a war as a war between a white man and a black man, it's all just pointless in the end, we're all for a common cause.

• Like 1

In short, his comments are dumb, and neither are yours, you both have opinions, and that's fine. You can't blame Yoko for being mad at the community though, because every forum I go to (even this one) seems to accept the massive abuse console gamers get from PC gamers. And Yoko needs to understand that the answer ISN'T limiting the game from PC players, but trying to work WITH each other. We're all gamers in the end, this is an idiotic a war as a war between a white man and a black man, it's all just pointless in the end, we're all for a common cause.

I know this without telling you you having to tell me, and I'd be perfectly fine with a Destiny port, especially considering what type of game it is makes it completely logical for such a thing, and for the respectable percentage of the PC community this is totally something worthwhile and deserving.

I'd just be perfectly fine with a note on the box saying 'If you're a little kid who cries about exclusives and proclaims how PC is better than everyone else, just uninstall.'

Edit: retard wording made me sound like saying something other than what was meant to be said

Edited by ♥ Yoko ♥
  • Like 1