•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!
@  Tony le Lava... : (03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM) The day I've been waiting for years has finally come :)
@  343iBot : (03 December 2019 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, ScytheFG! :welcome: View ScytheFG's Profile
@  343iBot : (02 December 2019 - 12:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Richardjup! :welcome: View Richardjup's Profile
@  343iBot : (01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, Michaelbanny! :welcome: View Michaelbanny's Profile
@  343iBot : (30 November 2019 - 10:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, PhilipdAype! :welcome: View PhilipdAype's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 06:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Onecapper! :welcome: View Onecapper's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 02:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, brownE7! :welcome: View brownE7's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 11:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, duaneblynn! :welcome: View duaneblynn's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 05:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, jonathanK! :welcome: View jonathanK's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM) nay nay nay!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (26 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Hey hey hey!
@  343iBot : (26 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianTrorb! :welcome: View BrianTrorb's Profile
@  Akali : (24 November 2019 - 07:47 PM) @RedStarRocket91 Damn right we should! Like the good old days
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (24 November 2019 - 10:58 AM) why compete when mouse-keyboard combos are dumb
@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games

Photo

Halo vs CoD?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Halo vs CoD? (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Halo vs CoD?

1. Halo (107 votes [94.69%])

Percentage of vote: 94.69%

2. Call of Duty (6 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rumerboy

Rumerboy

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 157 posts
Liked

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

Now I know that many people that will visit these forums will probably be hardcore Halo fans (Which I am also) but lets all be mature about this and honestly answer the question, which game is better? Halo or Call of Duty?
What makes each game good or bad?
I still think that Halo is better by far but what does everyone else think?

#2 Kyle K

Kyle K

Brute

• Members
  • 42 posts
Liked

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

Im not sure if this is in the right forum but anyway you cant really compare the two games as one is supposed to be more realistic and the other to be a future shooter, but with that beging said as you i am a die hard halo fan so i would have to pick halo
DIe Hard HALO FAN

#3 Spectral Jester

Spectral Jester

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 4,639 posts
Legendary

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:22 AM

Halo hands down. Halo and Gears of War are the only game I enjoy playing online .
COD campaigns are enjoyable but playing them online us awful.
Halo all the way....

#4 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Agreed! halo is the superior game. I dont just say that because I am a complete Halo freak/nerd. While CoD does "try" to maintain a more realistic battlefield, it utterly fails. The Physics and collision handling is by far out matched by Halo. In CoD, you cant even jump on top of a crate that is literaly as tall maybe your kneecap. The melee system sucks balls on top of that. Even with a huge knife, it takes like 5 swipes to take down an enemy. Do they have some kind of magic shield in fron of there ugly faces?

CoD is and always will be far behind Halo in terms of gameplay and multiplayer experience. It does however excel at telling the story. I cannot deny that aspect, even being the die hard halo fan i am. It does have one hell of a great story and plot.

bungie.gif

#5 Spectral Jester

Spectral Jester

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 4,639 posts
Legendary

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

yep the campaigns in COD are they only reason I play the COD games, it kind of went un-noticed due to HALO CEA and HALO 4 trailers, but have to admit (grits his teeth) the MW3 trailer looked awesome.
As for COD online you hit the nail on the head. Plus it does seem that they dont care about the online so much as anything with Call of Duty in the title will sell, there always seems to be issues with COD online.

#6 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Yup. The trailer blew me away too. I want to so badly play as a German soldier. Fighting on my homeland with my brothers seems comforting somehow in all that MW3 chaos. Hopefully they have learned a few things from their online competition and will use those learning to correct things in multiplayer.

bungie.gif

#7 Fire

Fire

Brony Timelord

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,254 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:emo kitten 32
  • LocationThe Ozarks

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

WOW, I am seriously surprised about the maturity of this conversation, seems like all the smart people came and the trolls stayed on b.net.

OT Call of Duty has been using the same formula for years, while halo is evolving, so halo.

>Anxiously awaiting the return of the legendary Spectral Jester<

>Come read my halo fan-fiction as it develops<

>If my post has helped you, make sure to click the like button<

>I was Honored to serve as a Community Moderator for the astounding forum Twam has given us<

>Like us on Facebook< >Follow us on Google Plus<

>Follow us on Twitter< >Join our Steam Group<

>Subscribe to us on Youtube<

#8 the Arby

the Arby

Prophet of Regret

• Trusted Members
  • 145 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:OmegaReclaimer
  • LocationVienna, AUT

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

Halo. Theres actually nothing more to say.
Posted Image

#9 Scotty

Scotty

Brute

• Legendary Members
  • 50 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:o CuppaTea o
  • LocationSomerset, UK

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

i prefere Halo by far but i do enjoy alot of shooting games and COD does have alot of good different qualities, but after reading the books i have a hole new respect for the Master Chief and other characters and it made me love it that much more, i will always prefere Halo to any other game.

Posted Image

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End, I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely.

Posted Image

#10 GermanShepherdD

GermanShepherdD

GermanShepherdD

• Community Moderators
  • 715 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:GermanShepherdD
  • LocationClassified
11    4       2    2            

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

Halo Rules :D

MWgVp.png

#11 Spectral Jester

Spectral Jester

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 4,639 posts
Legendary

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

Do you know Scotty I was never into Halo, mate recommended the books and BINGO I was hooked, must be the Sci fi nerd in me.

#12 CsDarKnight

CsDarKnight

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 251 posts
Liked
  • LocationUnknown Forerunner Planet, outside Milky Way

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

WOW, I am seriously surprised about the maturity of this conversation, seems like all the smart people came and the trolls stayed on b.net.

OT Call of Duty has been using the same formula for years, while halo is evolving, so halo.

That's why it's the first game was called Halo: Combat EVOLVED.

Plus the gameplay changes, unlike CoD who uses the same stuff for everything. All they do is change weaponry and perks.
"Peace through Strength."
-Ronald Reagan

"Dear Humanity... We regret being alien ********. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!"
-Sergeant Major Avery Johnson

"Oh, I know what the ladies like..." - Sergeant Major Avery Johnson

Posted Image

#13 HAMBURGLER

HAMBURGLER

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 172 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:xzHAMBURGLERzx
  • Location343

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

lmao 15 votes for halo 0 for cod. you cant go on a halo site and ask witch games is better :yahoo:
Posted Image
343-INDUSTRIES

#14 Yoshi

Yoshi

Jackal

• Members
  • 6 posts
Liked
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

Such realistic games like Call of Duty make me lose interest fast.
I'll happily blow through a few games, maybe level up once or twice, then get bored.
The only way I can say Call of Duty is better is because it has games that twist away from the story like Zombies.

But til I see aliens in Call of Duty, my vote stays with Halo.

#15 GermanShepherdD

GermanShepherdD

GermanShepherdD

• Community Moderators
  • 715 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:GermanShepherdD
  • LocationClassified
11    4       2    2            

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

Halo vs COD the answer is simple halo is better :thumbsup:

MWgVp.png

#16 Flly

Flly

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 129 posts
Liked
  • LocationGC, Iowa

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, when I first played halo 2 it was the coolest game ever, still is, first time I played cod (which was mw2) I thought it okay but it wasnt halo thats for sure
Posted Image Posted Image

#17 HAMBURGLER

HAMBURGLER

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 172 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:xzHAMBURGLERzx
  • Location343

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

whos the clown that said cod? :P lol
Posted Image
343-INDUSTRIES

#18 RaptorUnbound

RaptorUnbound

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 160 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Raptorunbound
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

I'm going to have to go with Halo for a couple of reasons
first i like the controls better than CoD they just make more sense to me
and second I like the plot for Halo better than CoD

lvRg8A6.jpg

#19 Hero

Hero

Prophet of Regret

• Trusted Members
  • 208 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Aimfull
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

Halo is the only game that have a great multiplayer! CoD have the worst multiplayer ever & Reach have bad exp system.
Posted Image

#20 Zack

Zack

Jackal

• Members
  • 11 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:H2O HugsNKisses
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

Hands down Halo, after playing CoD once for a couple games, I won't ever (Okay maybe can't say ever) pick it up again. Halo is superior to CoD in every way.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users