Ask The Director 2.0

If roses are red and violets are blue then what do I mean to you? :heart:

You're a decent friend, and that's cute lol

Who is your favourite Space Marine Primarch during the events of the Horus Heresy/Great Crusade?

I don't have a favorite, as I'm not a big fan of warhammer 40k or its derivatives.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a friend who has trouble being around others, she's shy.. surprisingly more shy than I am when it comes to meeting new people.

My question is, how can I help her step out of her comfort zone to meet new people? Obviously I can't force her to do it, but how can I give her that push she needs to do it on her own?

I have a friend who has trouble being around others, she's shy.. surprisingly more shy than I am when it comes to meeting new people.

My question is, how can I help her step out of her comfort zone to meet new people? Obviously I can't force her to do it, but how can I give her that push she needs to do it on her own?

That is the million dollar question lol shyness usually has a reason behind it, be it self consciousness, a history of abuse, or social anxiety. Social anxiety is actually a blanket statement. Self consciousness and anthropophobia are examples of social anxieties.

Social anxieties are pretty complex and they differ from person to person. Unfortunately there isn't a one size fits all technique for dealing with social anxiety. Unless you have the power to convince your friend to see a therapist or psychologist there's not much you can do.

That being said, showing your friend that not all people are scary to talk to and increasing her circle of friends might help. Or it might make her go all turtley. Turtley enough for the turtle club.

• Like 1