Halo 2 Anniversary concern

First of all--congratulations to the awesome reveal of the massive value of the Master Chief Collection. Just a phenomenal work and as a result I will be buying an Xbox One because of it.

1.) My main concern is how the matchmaking/multiplayer in Halo 2 Anniversary is going to be handled. Since the campaign is obviously going to be beautifully remastered, will ALL the Halo 2 maps be remastered with better looking textures? I hope it's not a stupid question, but since I noticed in some UI screen shots that there are original Halo 2 maps alongside of Halo 2 "Anniversary" maps, I'm concerned that the jump from Halo 2 campaign to the original multiplayer graphics will be awfully jarring.

2.) Lastly, I was amazed that you have put in place a cross-over multiplayer option that allows players to vote on different maps from different Halo games. However, will I (as a Halo 2 FANBOI) be able to play Halo 2 multiplayer exclusively if I so desire?

Thanks so much for this awesome package. I hope (and I'm sure) that you will receive a lot of positive attention and profit from this.

~Fahz

P.S. removing armor abilities in Halo 5 is sooo good to hear.

1.) My main concern is how the matchmaking/multiplayer in Halo 2 Anniversary is going to be handled. Since the campaign is obviously going to be beautifully remastered, will ALL the Halo 2 maps be remastered with better looking textures? I hope it's not a stupid question, but since I noticed in some UI screen shots that there are original Halo 2 maps alongside of Halo 2 "Anniversary" maps, I'm concerned that the jump from Halo 2 campaign to the original multiplayer graphics will be awfully jarring.

All of the Halo 2 maps will get 'the anniversary treatment" along with 5 Halo 2 maps that will become "re-imagined" maps.

2.) Lastly, I was amazed that you have put in place a cross-over multiplayer option that allows players to vote on different maps from different Halo games. However, will I (as a Halo 2 FANBOI) be able to play Halo 2 multiplayer exclusively if I so desire?

There will be custom game options if you only want to play Halo 2, but no playlist is Halo 2 exclusive. (at this time at least)

That is terrible. I would like to exclusively play just Halo 2 and Halo 4 multiplayer in matchmaking. This is a huge miss step.

I've found these...

http://imgur.com/qDdOepi

and...

http://i161.photobuc...zpsd534bd95.jpg

but no one can confirm if each game will have it's own matchmaking. This will be a huge miss step. It's sad too because Bungie and 343i makes excellent games but I always stop playing their games because of odd decisions like this. 

Most people are probably going to play Halo 1 & 2 in matchmaking anyway, it's not really a huge issue.

Not to burst your bubble, but it seems from the screenshots and video, that 2 of the 5 re-imagined maps are Distruct and Uplift. Not sure how these 2 are re-imagined...as they were PC exclusive maps. Also note that they did change the gameplay of Halo 2 MM by uocking the backpack weapon view. A major strategy in Halo 2 was being able to see what secondary weapon an opponent was carrying. Just throwing that out there for you.

Interesting...cuz I read at several websites that there will be original Halo 2 multiplayer maps, but only 5 will get the anniversary treatment. If that is the case, that's very disappointing to me.

For example: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection

The only map that looks updated is the accension one, terminal looks the same as it always has.

Also, the above tweet seems to clarify that there is specific matchmaking, as "voting for a map" (in the context of the question) is only in matchmaking itself. I really hope so. Being forced to play Halo 2 matchmaking and them jump into Halo 4 would drive me nuts if I'm not in the mood for that.

That is what you all asked for. Matchmaking combines Halo 1-4 and depwnding on what map is voted for, that is the title you play. The only way to play on one particular title, will be to host custom games. They have already stated quite clearly I may add, that the whole MCC is buggy, and most of the things they have done caused the game to.crash when attempting certain things during gameplay. Iirc, that is Frankie stated that ONLY 5 maps from Halo 2 were being given the makeover. The rest of the maps will be default stock maps in their original appearance, or at the very least, just retextured. None of the geometry will be tweaked like they did for the campaign. He claimed that engine versions and map.specific resources were the cause of this. Honestly, Im amazed they were able to to use scripting to accomplish this task, as well as compile such a huge mainmenu resource to host this.

That is what you all asked for. Matchmaking combines Halo 1-4 and depwnding on what map is voted for, that is the title you play. The only way to play on one particular title, will be to host custom games. They have already stated quite clearly I may add, that the whole MCC is buggy, and most of the things they have done caused the game to.crash when attempting certain things during gameplay. Iirc, that is Frankie stated that ONLY 5 maps from Halo 2 were being given the makeover. The rest of the maps will be default stock maps in their original appearance, or at the very least, just retextured. None of the geometry will be tweaked like they did for the campaign. He claimed that engine versions and map.specific resources were the cause of this. Honestly, Im amazed they were able to to use scripting to accomplish this task, as well as compile such a huge mainmenu resource to host this.

Thank you for your insight, if valid (no sources, but that's okay). I am certainly not complaining, this deal is astounding to me. I don't feel like asking for more restricted play lists per Halo game sounds like too much to ask though. It would seem to be more work to do the cross-play feature (which I am excited to use, mind you).

I'm sure I won't mind playing on the old maps, but I would like them to be re textured, much like the campaign is. This is where having this game on the PC would be great...would allow the same game to be updated by the community through mods forever.