Master Chief Collection hopes, worries and wishes

I'm really hoping for a revised Halo 2 clan system. Making clan matches and such more enjoyable and played more. Just for fun I decided to make a quick layout of how I imagine it would be.

5076894.jpg

The interface is rather simple (which is good) and easy to look at. I could have extended the amount of players you see on screen but wanted to finish up rather quickly. You can see above "CLAN: NOBLESSE OBLIGE" that it says "social." That's where I was thinking it could show something like Recent Players, Friend List, and Clan List, as you can see from the 3 menus you can switch through with LB and RB.

On the Player List you can see the Gamer Icon on the very left, the GamerTag, Player Emblem, then the game that the player is playing and what specific game mode they are playing. Right next to that is the Membership Status. The first player is titled Prophet while the others are titled Rookie. These represent if a member can invite/kick players or participate in clan matches.

You can change the title of the Membership Status from the Clan Options menu you see at the bottom. You can also change the Clan Emblem on the right side which I had the idea that it shows next to your name in clan matches instead of everybody having different emblems.

On the right side you can also see the Clan Tier, Rank in Tier, and how many members are in the clan. If you've ever played League of Legends ranked then you can kind of see where I'm coming from with the ranking system.

That's all I've really thought and made so far, and this is just a suggestion by the way. Hope it brings up some new ideas or gets implemented! Thanks for reading.

There really is no need to revise the clan system used in the original Halo 2.  It worked perfectly as is.  Adding additional features like clan titles and roles, justs adds that much more for you to do to actively maintain the clan, instead of just jumping in and playing.  We already have a ton of apps like Xfire that can do that already, and don't require you to spend the time to maintain it on the console, freeing you up to play.  But whatever, in the end it aint my problem.  Just thought I'd throw in some common sense...

I hope the menus and lobbies look like Halo 2s. I hated them on Halo 4.

I'm really hoping for a revised Halo 2 clan system. Making clan matches and such more enjoyable and played more. Just for fun I decided to make a quick layout of how I imagine it would be.

5076894.jpg

The interface is rather simple (which is good) and easy to look at. I could have extended the amount of players you see on screen but wanted to finish up rather quickly. You can see above "CLAN: NOBLESSE OBLIGE" that it says "social." That's where I was thinking it could show something like Recent Players, Friend List, and Clan List, as you can see from the 3 menus you can switch through with LB and RB.

On the Player List you can see the Gamer Icon on the very left, the GamerTag, Player Emblem, then the game that the player is playing and what specific game mode they are playing. Right next to that is the Membership Status. The first player is titled Prophet while the others are titled Rookie. These represent if a member can invite/kick players or participate in clan matches.

You can change the title of the Membership Status from the Clan Options menu you see at the bottom. You can also change the Clan Emblem on the right side which I had the idea that it shows next to your name in clan matches instead of everybody having different emblems.

On the right side you can also see the Clan Tier, Rank in Tier, and how many members are in the clan. If you've ever played League of Legends ranked then you can kind of see where I'm coming from with the ranking system.

That's all I've really thought and made so far, and this is just a suggestion by the way. Hope it brings up some new ideas or gets implemented! Thanks for reading.

That looks really good. I wouldnt mind if the lobbies looked like that also. It nice and clean.

I cant be the only one thinking this is a cheap way to make money... I mean i already have the entire francie, so in the end of the day i will have 3 halo CE if i buy this collection and 2 of the others just to get to play the beta for H5?

I cant be the only one thinking this is a cheap way to make money... I mean i already have the entire francie, so in the end of the day i will have 3 halo CE if i buy this collection and 2 of the others just to get to play the beta for H5?

Well alot of people wanted a Halo 2 anniversary, and they gave us the whole shabang. I like it because it will allow me to join community events once again and it'll let me play all the Halo's again on the Xbox one. They are giving us a lot for what the price they are asking. Of course they want money, but in no way is this some cheap way for them to get quick bucks, this benefits us greatly.

Well alot of people wanted a Halo 2 anniversary, and they gave us the whole shabang. I like it because it will allow me to join community events once again and it'll let me play all the Halo's again on the Xbox one. They are giving us a lot for what the price they are asking. Of course they want money, but in no way is this some cheap way for them to get quick bucks, this benefits us greatly.

Well alot of us who already have the entire francie would be happy with just the remake of H2 + beta acces for a lower price while its a remake not a new game so what it comes down to is why should i need to buy this on a full price when i already have all the games that comes with it (exept H2 remake) 

Well alot of us who already have the entire francie would be happy with just the remake of H2 + beta acces for a lower price while its a remake not a new game so what it comes down to is why should i need to buy this on a full price when i already have all the games that comes with it (exept H2 remake) 

You are buying four games a show and beta access for the price of one new game, it's going to have some reimagined maps and all + plus it lets us play Halo on the Xbox One for instead of waiting for 2015. While you don't have to buy it it would be a fun thing to get in my opinion.

There's also a lot of people who never got into Halo early into the franchise and never got the full Halo 2 or Halo 3 experience. Now they can experience it all over again. I think bringing the all 4 games is a great idea. Most people don't have all the games, so it helps a lot of people out.

Oh, and for a hope/wish; I really hope they keep the glitches in Halo 2 haha. Those were so much fun and I could would mess around super jumping/getting out of the map for hours.

You are buying four games a show and beta access for the price of one new game, it's going to have some reimagined maps and all + plus it lets us play Halo on the Xbox One for instead of waiting for 2015. While you don't have to buy it it would be a fun thing to get in my opinion.

But if they hade just H2 remake it would cost less cuz its not realy a new game, just updated grapic so they wouldent take as much in price and there for in my opinion for us who already have all the games should be a opion to just buy the remake and still get beta acces.

But if they hade just H2 remake it would cost less cuz its not realy a new game, just updated grapic so they wouldent take as much in price and there for in my opinion for us who already have all the games should be a opion to just buy the remake and still get beta acces.

Halo CEA cost $59.99 at release, so Halo 2 Anniversary would cost the same, so really your getting Halo 2 Aniversary and three free games with the bonuses.

Halo CEA cost $59.99 at release, so Halo 2 Anniversary would cost the same, so really your getting Halo 2 Aniversary and three free games with the bonuses.

Maybe it did, i rememberd i payed like 40 - 50 dollars (40£ or something around that) in my country for it tho but hey  maybe im wrong.

Well anyway looked up some on it and so on and can say i chanced my mind about the collection still i love the francie and there for i also can support the industrie for future games.

Maybe it did, i rememberd i payed like 40 - 50 dollars (40£ or something around that) in my country for it tho but hey  maybe im wrong.

Well anyway looked up some on it and so on and can say i chanced my mind about the collection still i love the francie and there for i also can support the industrie for future games.

Not all of us care about "fun factor" or "latest and greatest best graphics"

Many of us just want to be able to play the original halo and halo 2 just as they were, on multiplayer on xbox live.  From what Frankie said, that's exactly what we are getting.

On the console, there still isn't a FPS that takes more skill than the original halo.  And this is coming from OGRE2, the best halo player in the world.

Best FPS on the console that takes the most skill is counter strike.

With the fact that the gaming industry has dumbed down games so that today's generation can handle it, you need to be thankful that they are re-releasing halo 1 and halo 2 for online live play. (everyone has to be a winner by today's standards, no child left behind)

It will probably be the last game released takes any real skill.

While I agree on some points, stating Halo CE is the MOST skilled fps is a matter of opinion. Each Halo.does contain its own set of what we call "skills", to master it. At the same time, yes there will be a handfull of gamers who will rule and dominate across all titles, but that is rare and shows more of a personal.skill level, regardless of game or title.

Just as players like Ogre will state its the most skilled, there are just as many other pros from other titles like Crysis and CoD who will argue differently. Again, its perspective and opinion.

On the console, there still isn't a FPS that takes more skill than the original halo.  And this is coming from OGRE2, the best halo player in the world.

Well for the first yes i can agree that halo has a high skill cap but idc what OGRE2 says for ****.

OGRE2 can be jesus for all i know i still wouldent take hes words and what he think as my own opinion (maybe u do cuz its seems so in your text) 

BUt how do u get to this kinda thing with my texts? im speaking about the price and stuff and u get into esport and whos the bets player on halo and more....... Offtopic much?

• 2 weeks later...

My main worry, will there be superbouncing? Thats almost a selling point for me. Halo 2 on xbox was perfectly loved and I don't see how taking out superbounces would make the game much better. Button combo glitches will still be in, thats confirmed, but I have to admit there was nothing better than sitting on top of a building on headlong, seeing someone walk by and then jump down from the clouds and then assasinate them. It gave Halo 2 dynamic gameplay, as with all the other glitches and game mechanics, and was excellent for custom games. Anyone can do it so its not an unfair advantage. I've read that halo 2 would be post-patch. I have no idea if xbox had patches or not but I assume they were talking about once halo 2 retired and Halo 2 Vista got its patch, which of course eliminated superboucning. KEEP THE BOUNCES!

^

343 have said on the non remasterd maps everything should be working as expected. Superbouncing etc

But on the remasterd maps they have run into a few problems and have had to remove some glitches etc

( they might be superbouncing, I don't know ) :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

I've read that halo 2 would be post-patch. I have no idea if xbox had patches or not but I assume they were talking about once halo 2 retired and Halo 2 Vista got its patch, which of course eliminated superboucning. KEEP THE BOUNCES!

Halo 2 on the OG Xbox did get a patch for online gameplay.  It removed a couple of glitches that were used unfairly in matchmaking games.  Mostly the rocket/sword glitch.  You could always remove it from your hard drive and have some fun in customs and in the campaign.  In fact the speedrunners that set records in H2 use the glitch extensively and with all scoped weapons.  I always had fun with it, but I am glad that they decided to go post patch with the MCC.  I am definitely with you on the bounces.  I spent so much time bouncing, I still dream about superbounces.  I can remember precisely where to land for almost all of the bounces I used to use strategically.  And I still remember the feeling of accomplishment the first time I got to the top of the 'X' building on headlong!

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask for this or I should create a new topic for it. Well, I'm from Chile, South America, and I'm a huge fan of the Halo Saga.

The thing is that I like the latinamerican voices, but I don't love them, I love the original voices, in English I mean. So, is there any chance that you, 343i, please include an option to select the original English voices in Halo 3 and 4? (I'm already counting Halo CE and Halo 2 with the original voices and subtitles)

Do it, please, because here in Chile is really hard to find the 360 versions with their original voices.

PD: Sorry for any mistake in the redaction!

By the way, I'm talking about the remake, obviously, the Master Chief Collection, just in case :)

I'm Pretty Sure that there will be forge in the collection cause I mean why not? If there is forge I wish that 343 would put the option to place AI in forge mode you know like Marines, Flood, Covenant etc. And Possibly a Pelican, I was hoping there to be ai in H4 but there wasn't so if 343 reads this please consider it, and I'm not the only one who want ai in halo's forge either. in fact I've read hundreds of posts and comments on  youtube, waypoint, and other sites and I really wish this could come true. it would be a great leap forward for forge. thank u.

Hmm that is a good question, I think that they will have the same controls as they did originally, we may just have to deal with it. Although it would feel weird I'm sure we could get used to it after a while.

1. A very good Halo Map editor. 

2. A good remake and retouch for Halo 3 and Halo 4 with improved visuals when they apply and expand the existing levels for more vehicles. 

3. Provide all the vehicle for multi player server games. Example: Provide an editor for space battles with cruisers exchanging fire. 

4. SHOW SOME LOVE FOR PC GAMERS. WE DO EXIST!!!

Do that, and you 343i will be on a hefty ride on the money.  

Period.

Ah, I forgot....

1. DLC packages and support for PC and CONSOLES for implemented and well thought ideas. 

THERE...go print all the money you want MS.