Master Chief Collection hopes, worries and wishes

I was just re-watching the IGN interview, more like listening while working, but noticed while they were scrolling through the menu before playing the campaign, that there is a "Big Rumble" game type in the matchmaking. (shows all 4 have available maps for it)  This excites me!  I wish it were up to 16, but having a 12 person FFA gametype takes me back to pre-xbl days and LAN parties.  Four xbox's, four tv's and 16 people going at it was AMAZING.  We used to play inviz schwatguns on midship for hours.

The other gametypes are typical, but that one struck me as new.  Is it, or am I just crazy?

PLEASE 343, bring back the old Halo 2 Friendlist, where it's possible to join friends without leaving the game.

We aren't the actual 343i, we are just a community forum.

I think that that may return because they said they were going to keep the games the same as they were when they came out.

Hey all, I decided to drop my concerns and wishes for H2A here in chance they'll be more recognized than on Halomaps.org where true halo fans still reside and create custom content. anyways, 

My Concerns:

1. Elites are going to end up looking worse than Halo wars elites and it'd be embarrassing to 343 if a game 10 years old had better looking BSP models than the new Hi-Def 1080p models. Make them look better because at the E3, Im not sure if people agree, but the elites were awful looking. Especially the arbiter. He won't need a dentist check up for a long time. Maybe use the H3 design to base the idea, the armor of the arbiter is quite old.

2. H4 really worried me about where the Halo franchise was going, HCEA was a good start but don't do the exact same thing for Halo 2. If you can't make H2A spectacular and amazing looking in multiplayer and campaign, think how the reviews for H5 would be assumed.

3. Brutes. Yes, we've all seen the post H2 release on the brutes but if you can, don't make them lead absorbers. use armor or something and make it a bit challenging. But I understand if that's impossible.

My Wishes: 

1. Do NOT use the Halo Wars models of the prophets or elites or arbiter. Halo 2 was known for making elites great looking so don't use HD remake as an excuse for Saber to use incredibly crappy models and pass them off as satisfactory. It was a bad game for a reason IMO. Build off of 2003 E3 demo elites or Halo 2 itself, don't copy and paste.

2. A little more help from old bungie members who originally designed H2 would be nice for their input, H2 kind of kept Xbox Live going when no other games were fun or competitive at the time until the 360 came out.

3. Not too many skull changes, Thunderstorm is a must. Who doesn't like playing against Ultras throughout the entire game.

4. Get rid of those awful purple elites and bring back the true Black spec ops. Make them darker in color like the grunt please.

5. Elites playable in normal multiplayer. that was the best part of H2. playing as whatever you specified. Maybe include whatever armors for elites sort of like a Reach and H3 mix. No preset elite armors but your own custom elite with amor designs. We all wished for that honor guard armor in multiplayer. Maybe make it an achievement unlock for beating H2 solo legendary. Idk, just a thought.

6. Someone from 343 would take the time to visit the Halomaps forums where many amateur developers have been making models and BSPs for a long time and input would be more in depth than hopes and wishes and take them to heart. The true Halo fans are still active on there and the amount of stuff created on a PC is amazing. but valuable input can be found there for H2A.

• Like 1

Cross game chat when you get close to the other team needs to be in the games especially Halo 2. Its part of the magic of Halo. When you speak, it should also show your name on the screen.

That would be awseome, If they add that it would be so much more fun rather than the team chat.

Like he said above, they won't put it on 360. The collection and Halo 5 will be getting a lot of people to buy the new Xbox so Microsoft would want to keep it like that so as many Xbox Ones are purchased as possible.

Plus the graphics changes are being made for xbox one not 360.

I really do not care for halo 5 or 4 thay are killing halo but love 1-3  but can not afford a xbox one will they make it for 360 if you don't like wate I say contact me 

Yeah the Collection is being made for xbox one on the new engine for 60 FPS so there would be no point in doing a 360 one too. it would be a waste of time and money.

That and they want people to buy the Xbone since they arent selling a lot right now.

But I think that is going to start changing with all the xbone exclusives that are starting to come out. 

Cross game chat when you get close to the other team needs to be in the games especially Halo 2. Its part of the magic of Halo. When you speak, it should also show your name on the screen.

Dude proximity chat is so needed. I don't know why they stopped after Halo 2. It added so much tension and hilarity in almost every game. Prowling around and hearing what the enemy is saying is just so freaking AWESOME.

WHY OH WHY DO THEY REMOVE THESE GREAT FEATURES.

lol

The real question is will stats, such as games played and K/D carry over to this or are we all starting over from scratch?

I would think (hope) that all stats will be reset and that all players will start equally at the start of Halo on Xbox One. It's really the only fair thing to do, plus, who doesn't want the thrill of re-unlocking everything that you did almost ten years ago! :D

1. I would just like to ask what the ranks will be like for the multiplayer?

2. I would also like to ask if the achievements will be repeated or if they will have completely new ones. Some in Halo: CE Anniversary were really, really hard to get.

3. And finally, I'd like to ask if any of you know when we'll be getting more details on any editions of it or bonuses with the game?

2. I would also like to ask if the achievements will be repeated or if they will have completely new ones. Some in Halo: CE Anniversary were really, really hard to get.

I hope their different, but I'd understand if they put some of the same ones in again. I mean how different can you make them?

I hope their different, but I'd understand if they put some of the same ones in again. I mean how different can you make them?

I would imagine some would be the same such as "beat the campaign on legendary" and campaign finisher achievements. Now, it would be interesting to see if they are renamed those achievements and how much gamerscore they will be worth with over 4k gamerscore available. 

I started playing Halo CE as soon as it launched when I was 16 in high school, I'm now married and have a 3 year old and me and my high school buddies still make sure we have at least one Halo CE lan a year usually during christmas holidays. (I even had a Halo CE lan for my bachelor party). I followed MLG and AGP for halo 1 and kept up with eveything professional. There is about 80-100 old school MLG pros that still lan this game traveling by plane to meet up at places, some still travel as much as monthly. Pretty much all that is still played now in the Halo CE lan community for xbox is 2v2 ts 50 kills, it is the one game type that never got old after 13 years. (yes ctf bg got old after constantly playing it for 3 years straight) I still play online on xbc when just one friend comes in from out of town which is sort of often. Anyway my point in posting all of this is to show you that I have had a never ending love for this game and will hopefully still be lanning with with my high school friends when im in my 40s! This game has the potential to be the greastest game ever made for 80-100 old school gamers that never liked any of the halos after CE. I know there are some past mlg workers at 343 now that will make sure eveything is done right with matchmaking and settings and stuff so im not worried about that but I do have one single request/concern. Can it be possible to put an option in settings to make split screen possible from different houses/boxes? The reason for this is that any competitive halo ce player that went to MLG pro tournies will tell you that team screen watching was pretty much the most important skill or just as important as any other skill in competitive Halo CE play for xbox, Being married with kids (as many of us old school halo 1 players are) this option would just be amazing because I can no longer travel to a friends house to splitscreen very often, and the Halo CE expierence is just not the same on a single screen. Me and my friends would get stomped by an old school 2 box of equal skill that is able to split screen (team screen watch) if we where both single screen from different houses is my point. Anyways I don't know if this is possible or not but I thought maybe it could be an option in settings so the Halo 2 and 3 people wouldnt have to use it if they didnt want to. This is the one thing I can think of that would make this game even more perfect then it already is going to be for us old school gamers! Thanks you guys so much for finally putting the best multiplayer ever made online!

Request #1 - Change the first post in this thread so that  chief is spelled correctly  :laughing: :clap:

I think they're doing the best they can to make these halo's as close to the originals as possible from what we've heard - it sounds like they're using the physics engine from the original games. I hope there is a dedicated 2v2 halo 1 playlist, without radar, and with generic starting weps. As Mr. Holland said, this is what's kept the faithful around for 13+ years. There can be other playlists too, but the game wouldn't be the same without this playlist. The splitscreen sharing would be cool, but that would be something that as to my knowledge is unprecedented thus far in FPS history. 

This next request may be odd, but I hope the clan system comes back. A lot of h2s original success was based on the social aspects of the game - and having the clan system around enabled secondary friends lists and communities for people to play with.

Other things:

• LAN support - original xboxes won't last forever, and a lot of people still use this feature
  • Split screen with FOV and screen splitting similar to the original halo. I realize this doesn't really apply to halo 2, but it's something I'd welcome for h1. With the new resolution capabilities, it'll be interesting to see how FOV is affected in halo 2 especially. 

Request #1 - Change the first post in this thread so that  chief is spelled correctly  :laughing: :clap:

I think they're doing the best they can to make these halo's as close to the originals as possible from what we've heard - it sounds like they're using the physics engine from the original games. I hope there is a dedicated 2v2 halo 1 playlist, without radar, and with generic starting weps. As Mr. Holland said, this is what's kept the faithful around for 13+ years. There can be other playlists too, but the game wouldn't be the same without this playlist. The splitscreen sharing would be cool, but that would be something that as to my knowledge is unprecedented thus far in FPS history. 

This next request may be odd, but I hope the clan system comes back. A lot of h2s original success was based on the social aspects of the game - and having the clan system around enabled secondary friends lists and communities for people to play with.

Other things:

• LAN support - original xboxes won't last forever, and a lot of people still use this feature
  • Split screen with FOV and screen splitting similar to the original halo. I realize this doesn't really apply to halo 2, but it's something I'd welcome for h1. With the new resolution capabilities, it'll be interesting to see how FOV is affected in halo 2 especially. 

A clan system would be nice.

I think I heard that every game is going to play and be ran just like it did originally so beseides the reimagined maps and the anniversary parts the games should play exactly the same as they did.

I'd have to disagree with the "Community Reunited" part Biggles.  There has already been a large number of rants involving the matchmaking system to support the MMC.  If things are this bad now about before the community get's the retail release, imagine the rants to follow when your favorite of the title isn't chosen in the map selection voting.  If anything, it's gonna cause a larger rift.  Iirc, even Frank and Dan commented on how it will likely cause a rift in the community.