Master Chief Collection hopes, worries and wishes

Master Chief Collection wishes, hopes, and worries.

Well, the collection has been confirmed and we can expect the collection this November.

But with any new thing, and something on this scale you must have some wishes hopes or worries. Go ahead and and post yours here and someone else can add their ideas to try to help you.

What do you expect, is this going to be a let down or will this be a big bag of fun nostalgia? Discuss below

Edited by Yoshi1176

Forge and Custom Games should be in it. But from the demonstration, I didnt see any forge or custom game option.

Because they were showing Halo 2. Halo 2 didn't have Forge and they were playing a custom game how did you think they were playing together? 

As for me I just want Halo 4 forge in Halo 3. Foundry was so great.

I also hope they let us Forge on older maps and I hope we can play as Elites in all multiplayer but most likely nope. 

Because they were showing Halo 2. Halo 2 didn't have Forge and they were playing a custom game how did you think they were playing together? 

I also hope they let us Forge on older maps and I hope we can play as Elites in all multiplayer but most likely nope. 

Ive never played or even seen anything Halo 2.

I'm excited and I have no worries! Also, I saw this in the comments when reading an article on the MC Collection and thought it was too hilarious not to share:

wow_zpsf1181263.png

Yeah, MC totally wasn't on the box art for the first few games....

halo-ce-2001-cover.jpg

Halo2-Xbox-Cover-Wallpaper.jpg

7599-halo-3.jpg

• Like 3

Ever since the collection was announced I've been wondering if ranks from Halo 3 will carry over, that is my only worry to be honest. I've never stopped playing H3 since reach came out, I tried Reach, 4 they just aren't the same. All my friends still play H3, but its been slowly dying by the increase of modders and host booters. Theres even people modding xp now. Sorry off-topic anyway, thats my only worry since I don't want all my time to go to waste of such a great game. Don't want to have to redo all my xp, I wouldn't mind getting 50s again but 15000 xp, so much time.

Just curious if they will have a collectors edition.  Also, when Halo 4 was released, you could get certain pre order bonuses from different retailers.  Amazon has the exclusive pre-order bonus of the Piñata skull.  Anyone know what will be offered from where?

Just curious if they will have a collectors edition.  Also, when Halo 4 was released, you could get certain pre order bonuses from different retailers.  Amazon has the exclusive pre-order bonus of the Piñata skull.  Anyone know what will be offered from where?

They may have some sort of pre order bonus, like a statue or something but probably not in game because its no new content. Also if they do it'll probably be all the same for all of the retailers because you won't be getting armor skins or anything because they won't matter as much as they did for Halo 4.

Forge and Custom Games should be in it. But from the demonstration, I didnt see any forge or custom game option.

In the interview with Franky and some other 343 guy, they confirmed Forge will return for each of the Halo games in this bundle. So, time to forge up Zandibar!

As for my own wishes;

• Theatre mode, I know it's trivial, but for something like RvB, I really want it to continue.
  • All DLC unlocked. I'm not talking about the maps, because that's confirmed. But I would love all of the armour and accessories available at some point to all players. That would be a fantastic fanservice.
  • A Halo Reach/Halo 4 like match making system. What I mean by that is the easy menus allow you to join in Friend's games/etc.
  • Armour unlocking through rank progression/achievements.
  • Not having to rely on Waypoint to view Terminals.
  • Being able to create your own Campaign Playlists.
  • A massive fileshare, since that's kinda needed to support 4 games.
  • Like 2

I'm concerned with the fact that there are Halo 2 anniversary maps, but also "original maps" alonside it. Does this mean we miss out on the awesome graphics of the Halo 2 campaign in most of the multiplayer maps?

I think what they mean by that is that they are putting the old maps in and the re-done anniversary ones.

I personally am worried about the maps. There are SO many good Halo 2 multiplayer maps to only have 8, which is what I think I heard during the press conference.

Lockout better be there, Bever Creak has a special place in my heart for 2v2, obviously Coagulation for bigger games, but then there are too many to name after that!

My thing for this game, is I would like a custom halo xbox one. I havent purchased an xbox one, because halo is my main reason for buying one. I'd love to have a custom halo xbox one (I have the custom halo 4 xbox 360). So I've been waiting for a halo themed xbox one if I was going to drop $400-$500+ on a console system.

• Like 1

My thing for this game, is I would like a custom halo xbox one. I havent purchased an xbox one, because halo is my main reason for buying one. I'd love to have a custom halo xbox one (I have the custom halo 4 xbox 360). So I've been waiting for a halo themed xbox one if I was going to drop $400-$500+ on a console system.

If there is going to be a halo Xbox One, it'll probably be for Halo 5. Since the collection has 4 games in it it would be easier to make a console for one game rather 4 different ones.

Edited by Yoshi1176

Yeah..I loved Warlock, Sanctuary, Terminal, Gemini etc... Hearing that only a select few maps will be remastered makes me really sad. The value of the collection is astounding, but one can dream right ;)

All of the Halo 2 maps will be remastered, but 5 maps will be "re-imagined." This likely means that there will be new dynamic features for these maps along with maybe new vehicles. 343i hasn't really released much else except that there are 5 new re-imagined maps, alongside all the remastered maps.

• Like 1

They may have some sort of pre order bonus, like a statue or something but probably not in game because its no new content. Also if they do it'll probably be all the same for all of the retailers because you won't be getting armor skins or anything because they won't matter as much as they did for Halo 4.

The regular game itself comes with a download for the Bandana skull (unlimited ammo and grenades) if you pre-order it from GameStop.

• Like 1

I read that the Beta for Halo 5: Guardians' Multiplayer is included if the game is pre-ordered.

1. I would just like to ask what the ranks will be like for the multiplayer?

2. I would also like to ask if the achievements will be repeated or if they will have completely new ones. Some in Halo: CE Anniversary were really, really hard to get.

3. And finally, I'd like to ask if any of you know when we'll be getting more details on any editions of it or bonuses with the game?

Thanks. :)

All of the Halo 2 maps will be remastered, but 5 maps will be "re-imagined." This likely means that there will be new dynamic features for these maps along with maybe new vehicles. 343i hasn't really released much else except that there are 5 new re-imagined maps, alongside all the remastered maps.

May you please provide a source to that? I would be thrilled if all the maps are indeed remastered..however from the sources that I have seen (including HaloWaypoint screenshots), there doesn't appear to be any evidence that the original/classic maps are indeed getting a graphical overhaul.

Thanks man

I'm in totally agreement with you. I love Halo. And I can't wait for this to come out. I'm going to purchase the game. And since I'll have a bit of time before the beta on 5 starts. I will be waiting to purchase an Xbox One. Unless they are coming out with a Bundle that is Halo Themed including the System. If that happens then I will be at Gamestop with my credit card in hand and ready to purchase when they open the doors.

I really do not care for halo 5 or 4 thay are killing halo but love 1-3  but can not afford a xbox one will they make it for 360 if you don't like wate I say contact me 

No offense, but i sure hope they don't, It will just hold the X1 version back from its true potential graphically to be able to run on the 360.

Completely new vehicles and weapons in any of the previous titles iant happening. Frank stated clearly that they had various crashing issues with JUST getting Halo 2 to.function right in this collection. Each title is running its version of the Blam! engine, which means each title is limited to ots original weapon and vehicle schemw. The only thing they can do, is update the models or textures. So yes it may be possible to see a Storm BR in place of the H2 BR, or a reskinned hog.

As for Forge, I am baffled. Being able to forge on Halo 2 maps means either they added objects and scenery to the maps, but you will be limited to playing those forge variants on Halo 4. Halo 2's engine while meant to support both forge and theatre, the original game doesnt have engine components capable of supporting it.

I really do not care for halo 5 or 4 thay are killing halo but love 1-3  but can not afford a xbox one will they make it for 360 if you don't like wate I say contact me 

Like he said above, they won't put it on 360. The collection and Halo 5 will be getting a lot of people to buy the new Xbox so Microsoft would want to keep it like that so as many Xbox Ones are purchased as possible.

Plus the graphics changes are being made for xbox one not 360.