How many of you still actively play H3?

NotThatGuy

I'll play it every now and again. The sluggish style of play bothers me though, as I only play multi-team. The only reason I play only multiteam is it's the only game mode you can rank up by getting second place. I did play a lot back in the day, my true skill in lone wolves (which is 42) can attest to that. I suck so bad at Halo 3 now compared to back then that I must have been playing on PCP back then to get that high of a True skill.

I'll play it every now and again. The sluggish style of play bothers me though, as I only play multi-team. The only reason I play only multiteam is it's the only game mode you can rank up by getting second place. I did play a lot back in the day, my true skill in lone wolves (which is 42) can attest to that. I suck so bad at Halo 3 now compared to back then that I must have been playing on PCP back then to get that high of a True skill.

Chances are that while you're a worse player than you were back at the height of Halo 3's popularity, you're still not a bad player. Once you've played a few games and gotten a feel for the different physics, movement and weapons, you'll pick up your old skill levels pretty quickly.

The problem with Halo 3 now is that the multiplayer is only ever touched by people who're completely new to the series and want to see why everyone keeps saying the older games are better than the new, and the old hardcore crowd who still don't want to move on. Either way, the chances of finding a good match based on your skill level aren't great, as you're likely to be paired up with teammates and opponents who're either much better or much worse than you, or  mix of both.

I still play Halo 3 on occasion, but it's usually just when I have people around or at LAN parties. It's nearly impossible to get a good connection in Britain anymore and so I tend to stay away from it.

• Like 1

The only reason I hop on to Halo 3 from time to time is because of the playdates on this forum. And even then it becomes appearent that it has become unplayable...

The lag and the code are the worst ><

Shame... It was a reallly good game back in the day.

I've been hopping on every day for the past few week.

-Haven't found a single game where I would have major lag issues. No lag comp, no connection error, nothing.

-Haven't found a single game with the "New Players" RSR is talking about even exist. Practically everybody I see has played to a large degree, as evidenced by their EXP and, if Ranked, ranking. So rarely do I see new players; only guests who's stats are clean like a baby's bottom.

-Haven't had a time where I had a problem finding a match. It definitely takes a bit longer than if playing Halo 3 back in 2008 but as long as I'm not playing in a playlist with 0 people I've found matches fine.

This is awesome.

Keep in mind that I live in Hong Kong. That speaks wonders.

(i just got a perfection on halo 3 it was pretty cool)

Edited by ♥ Yoko ♥

I've been hopping on every day for the past few week.

-Haven't found a single game where I would have major lag issues. No lag comp, no connection error, nothing.

-Haven't found a single game with the "New Players" RSR is talking about even exist. Practically everybody I see has played to a large degree, as evidenced by their EXP and, if Ranked, ranking. So rarely do I see new players; only guests who's stats are clean like a baby's bottom.

-Haven't had a time where I had a problem finding a match. It definitely takes a bit longer than if playing Halo 3 back in 2008 but as long as I'm not playing in a playlist with 0 people I've found matches fine.

This is awesome.

Keep in mind that I live in Hong Kong. That speaks wonders.

That last part makes this situation entirely impossible...

Wanna see a gameplay video from today which I am totally not advertising for views? *Cough cough* No lag whatsoever. 

PERHAPS it's because I've port forwarded. To this day I still have no idea how Port Forwarding works although I make myself sounds really clever when I recommend it to others. I used the guide for PF back from Bungie.net, perhaps that has something to do with it.

• 1 month later...

I have been hoping on and playing more lately! I had a true skill of 43 in LW! 45 in TS!! Everything else was in the 30's. I played ALOT back in 2008 and 2009. I'd say I was pretty good but I can defiantly notice the "lag" when firing my BR now that I've played other halo's! I still have fun playing though

• 3 weeks later...