Who do you think the new character is?

Sniper0092

Second, The Arbiter was MIA for Halo 4 so who knows what he's been doing.

Defending against the Servants of Abiding Truth (those who still believe in old covenant ways), trying to prevent his society from falling into civil war, and holding peace conferences with the Brutes. Yeah, he's been up to a lot actually.

I personally don't think that the ONI Spartan (Official Naval Intelligence Spartan or Agent Locke) is out to get chief I either think that he'll be one of the main protagonist's, if not THE main protagonist, I think that he's out to help chief and possibly bring him back to his feet and on the right track :D

I think this Agent Locke is tracking down Chief. Not to kill him, but to talk to him, or more specifically bring him back to Earth so he can be talked too. To me it seemed like he went to the Arbiter because Chief might have visited him. Why would Locke just show up on Sanghelios and ask where the Chief is without a good reason, that wouldn't make sense. The Arbiter probably told him something philosophical about how his actions are needed to save the day, but Chief is just like "I need Cortana man..." then leaves abruptly. Locke comes along and wants to know what is going on, but learns nothing. So the Arbiter tells him that he needs to learn everything about the Chief to find him. Not because he wants to help as he explicitly states but he is needed for something important. So then Locke studies all there is (which is the Master Chief Collection) and then goes on his way.