Battlefield: Hardline

Details for the next Battlefield title have been found!

107425.jpg

The next Battlefield title will likely be called Hardline. This is according to a mistake in the Battlelog update.

The title will be a spinoff with a Cops and Robbers theme and will be developed my Visceral Games (known from the Dead Space series).

The details that have been found include the logo and a piece of artwork.

It also includes icons for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC.

So don't worry current gen console holders, no need to part ways from your old and trusty console ;).

These details were spotted on the servers of EA of which they have now been removed. But not before the Interwebz got hold of it.

but-wait-theres-more.jpg

There were also some details on the classes. The classes will be called The Enforcer, The Mechanic, The Operator and The Professional.

And some details on gametypes. Which will be called Blood Money, Carrier Assault and Bomb Squad.

Besides from that there has been a reference to an unknown map and a picture of a welcoming screen for the participants of the Beta.

The Twitter account of Battlefield Daily has also found some interesting images showing medals and equipment.

Here they are:

BopQoHDIgAA3KUy.png

BopZNBWCUAE8lvA.png

These images highly suggest that the next setting will indeed be Cops and Robbers.

(Although I've never seen police use a crossbow...)

EA has not confirmed this to be legit. So I guess it will once again all come down to E3!

Since Battlefield is mostly known a FPS shooter being set in war, do you think this new Cops and Robbers setting will do any good?

As always leave comments down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

http://nl.ign.com/news/9294/eerste-details-nieuwe-battlefield-gevonden

Our little loaf of bread has found a video from LvLCap that breaks down a good amount of details as well. Be sure to check it out!

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 6

This video does a very good job of explaining the whole leak. Also since these files were found on Battlelog it is quite obvious this is real. But will this be the NEXT Battlefield game? hmmm maybe. There have been rumors of another studio making the next BF game for years now so I wouldn't be surprised. 

• Like 1

This video does a very good job of explaining the whole leak. Also since these files were found on Battlelog it is quite obvious this is real. But will this be the NEXT Battlefield game? hmmm maybe. There have been rumors of another studio making the next BF game for years now so I wouldn't be surprised. 

Ah yes... Charlie a.k.a LvLCap.

He made a good breakdown!

I'll add this video to the OP if you don't mind.

Edited by Unease P34nut

Given how Battlefield 4 was I will probably wait to see how this does. I will also not get it on PC as it would turn out I'm not a huge fan of fps games on PC. I logged an impressive 19 hours on BF4 on the PC compared to 160 hours for Battlefield 3 on the 360.

Also a 'police theme' doesn't seem like a Battlefield. I'm guessing it will be SWAT vs. generic bad criminals.

Cool! I really like Battlefield games, even BF4. Sure EA screwed up on it, but DICE got it fixed. Hopefully this won't be the case for this title.

I'm excited. A Cops N' Robbers theme? obby

I actually really liked BF4 since launch even with the bugs. More fun then BF3 imo. The Cops n Robber themes seems extremely interesting and I can't wait to see gameplay. 

Cops and Robbers theme? Like EVERY FPS? Bad Vs. Good?

Hardline sounds more like a companion app in my opinion. I would say that the next BF will be... Battlefield V.

:Guardians :P

If we continue with the trend the past two games have set, the setting will likely be 2020+

Remember, 3 was set in 2014, with 4 set in 2020. While the final map pack for 4 focusing on the end of the China-Russia-Murica war, so it is likely well be going into the future.

I like the idea of Cops and Robbers. There isn't really a Cops and Robbers title out there for consoles that runs Battlefield-like gameplay, it'll be exciting to see what type of features will be implemented. Hopefully it won't just be a re-skinned BF4, there needs to be all new police gadgets and criminal items.

Great find and article P34nut!

10/10 would News again  :yay:

I imagine the vehicles would be lacking. Police Cruiser, SWAT Van, and Free Candy Van, ATV, Motorcycle, Scout Helicopter (with no weapons), SWAT helicopter.

OMG YES O_O

The game looks interesting, and as BZ1 said, there aren't many Police vs Criminal titles out there. But my only concern is will it be a Battlefield game without, you know, a battlefield?

I'm hoping the Battlefield will be really big city maps with lots of crime, i.e. Chicago, Detroit, etc.

Chasing crooks into huge buildings, searching with a helicopter spotlight, laying spike strips to stop cars, just thinking about it kinda makes me want to see gameplay now! :drool:

How can you like this ?!

BF4 came out last year in a awful state the game has finally become playable on recently and now a new BF is coming this fall!?

I hope EA goes bankrupt soon I really do. :)

Well EA has stated that they are very sorry about BF 4 and have ceased productions on all games untill they've fixed BF 4.

This game might not even come out this year!