Assassinations in 1st Person

So I was looking over this weeks Community Poll by BeckoningZebra1 and the Halo 4 assasinations list by -Sparky-, and I thought to myself  "Imagine assassinations in 1st Person.". Say you're heading towards the objective or tracking down an enemy then all of a sudden your screen get pull back and you see the helmet of an enemy player then a knife comes plunging into your screen and your visor cracks. Sounds good? Imagine you are the assassin and you are stealthily crouched awaiting your prey, an enemy walks past and you pull out your knife, watch your hand reach out and grab the enemy by the collar and pull them back whilst at the same time watching your knife enter their through.

Would you like to see assassinations in 1st person instead of 3rd person in Halo 5: Guardians? Share your thoughts.

300px-Player_vs._Player.png

• Like 5

So I was looking over this weeks Community Poll by BeckoningZebra1 and the Halo 4 assasinations list by -Sparky-, and I thought to myself  "Imagine assassinations in 1st Person.". Say you're heading towards the objective or tracking down an enemy then all of a sudden your screen get pull back and you see the helmet of an enemy player then a knife comes plunging into your screen and your visor cracks. Sounds good? Imagine you are the assassin and you are stealthily crouched awaiting your prey, an enemy walks past and you pull out your knife, watch your hand reach out and grab the enemy by the collar and pull them back whilst at the same time watching your knife enter their through.

Would you like to see assassinations in 1st person instead of 3rd person in Halo 5: Guardians? Share your thoughts.

300px-Player_vs._Player.png

Like Titanfall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoKWWMOg5I

Make it a preference, some people have seasures

Agreed. People might get heart attacks!

But I'd really like to see it in 1st person. Good example it Battlefield 3 and 4 where you suddenly get pulled back or rolled over and see a knife rush at you. One thing I'd like to add as a detail would be if you get stabbed in the head or something that your screen will black out instantly because yeah... You dead. Or when you get stabbed in the neck or chest that your screen will fade out and that your Spartan might even move slightly while he's bleeding out.

• Like 1

Agreed. People might get heart attacks!

But I'd really like to see it in 1st person. Good example it Battlefield 3 and 4 where you suddenly get pulled back or rolled over and see a knife rush at you. One thing I'd like to add as a detail would be if you get stabbed in the head or something that your screen will black out instantly because yeah... You dead. Or when you get stabbed in the neck or chest that your screen will fade out and that your Spartan might even move slightly while he's bleeding out.

Great examples. I never knew it was like that in Titanfall. Should be something very similar.

I think this would be a really cool feature to have.

Though, some of the Assassinations should be 1st person or 3rd person specific because of the way they play out.

But I really like the idea of seeing Sparks look me square in the eyes as he brings his arm down to smite me. :hrhr:

• Like 1

Ewww... Just imagine getting your neck snapped in First person, and being jump scared no less! I see this as a cool thing, but I see it as unlikely to happen, and it will probably stay as third person. More or so due to the fact that you're already hindered by not being able to move while assassinating, but also having a restricted view at the same time would screw you the moment you got out of it. Maybe they should make an early leave/abort button for assassinations.

What I'd really like to see is more assassinations that are gun specific. Like if you had a pistol, You knee them to the ground and as they get up you stick the pistol to the side of their head and blow their brains out. (too gruesome?) Of course this would be like a 1/50 chance type of assassination like the Brutes butt stab in Halo: Reach.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see at least some blood while I stab someone, not a lot but just some.

But it should be nothing to brutal though. Halo should not lose its 16+ rating.

I mean the killzone assassination has one where your marine rams his thumbs trough the Helghasts goggles, while the dude is screaming. It is incredibly brutal (hence the victim sees them from third person.)

I agree. There should be some preference in Halo 5 that you can toggle to see first-person assassinations. As cool as the Halo Reach and Halo 4 assassinations are, I prefer the BF4 and Titanfall kills. It's hard to maintain a sense of character when everytime you bash someone from behind your character zooms out to third person. It's more freaky, and more realistically cool to see either your neck snapped or you twisting the other players head. It's all around more cool.

• Like 1

I agree. There should be some preference in Halo 5 that you can toggle to see first-person assassinations. As cool as the Halo Reach and Halo 4 assassinations are, I prefer the BF4 and Titanfall kills. It's hard to maintain a sense of character when everytime you bash someone from behind your character zooms out to third person. It's more freaky, and more realistically cool to see either your neck snapped or you twisting the other players head. It's all around more cool.

I agree, H5G should have Titanfall/BF4-Style Assassinations. Imagine you Sniping, and all of a sudden you see a hand cover your Visor and pull back, seeing the Spartan who just killed you. I'm all on this idea.

• Like 1

Do you want the assassinated person or the assassin to go into first-person? This could be yet another toggle option that'll reduce from the game, but should be there none-the-less if it's appropriate for 343 to do so.  This has the potential to make game scary (imagine infection mode-- energy swords-- OMG). 

WHAT IF AIs COULD ASSASSINATE!!!?  :o

• Like 1

WHAT IF AIs COULD ASSASSINATE!!!?   :o

I would just about mess my drawers. (Crap myself)

If that happens that would make campaign exponentially more difficult, because that means if I move the wrong way, I'm getting stabbed. I feel though as if certain enemies should only be able to do this, along with this being only capable on higher difficulty settings. A grunt should NEVER be able to assassinate a Spartan. A baby flood assassination would be cool, as you get to watch yourself get turned into a flood.

In the end though, I feel as if it'd be a cheap way to die.

Here is the deal with First Person Assassinations... They wouldn't have any of the flashy sequences that we are used to seeing. Air assassinations would be basically nixed as they would be a bit too complex unless it goes to a standard neck snap.

Most of everything would be done as just a standard neck snap to be honest as it allows for quicker assassinations to keep combat flowing. Personally while I think it might speed up the flow of combat, there would be too much taken away.

• Like 1