Halo: Escalation #9 Confirms Didact Return!

Halo: Escalation Issue #9's cover art has been revealed, showcasing the Didact landing a deft punch to Master Chief's visor, confirming his return and hinting at Master Chief's cracked helmet from trailers and promotional art and how it came to be.

Halo: Escalation has done it's fair share of teasing and confirming new things in the Halo lore and hinting at future events in the newly announced Halo 5: Guardians. This post comes from Dark Horse's publishing website, ComicBookResources.com as today we received another tease as Halo: Escalation #9's cover was released, showcasing the Didact landing a hard blow to Master Chief's helmet and possibly his body armour before or after. The description reads, “In the days following the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief faced one of his greatest challenges . . . the Master Chief from the fires of Halo 4 to the pages of Escalation in “The Next 72 Hours” Part 2!” The price of Escalation #9 is $3.99 USD, launching August 27th with 32 available pages. 

post-26953-0-07133900-1401088381_thumb.jpg

Do you want the Didact to return; what are your theories on this fight between Chief and the Didact and his resurrection? Let me know below, I'll see you next time, thanks for reading! Credits to RC-1262 Scorch for Private Messaging me this article!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 7

The Didact is incredible enemy. It was pretty obvious he was still alive (Pulse grenades are powerful enough to stun him, but certainly not powerful to kill him right?) This confirmation makes me very curious of what the Didact is up to after the happenings of Halo 4. Great article EK!

This is great. At first I wasn't the biggest fan of 343 making you read the books in order to get a pretense of what's going on but I think Escalation does it very well. I have been considering going to Barnes & Noble and buying one of each issue honestly. I think they're taking the story in a great direction and pictures! Who doesn't like illustrations to match! 

Thanks for the news EK

This is great. At first I wasn't the biggest fan of 343 making you read the books in order to get a pretense of what's going on but I think Escalation does it very well. I have been considering going to Barnes & Noble and buying one of each issue honestly. I think they're taking the story in a great direction and pictures! Who doesn't like illustrations to match! 

Thanks for the news EK

I would advise buying them via eBook because they're cheaper(Plus they're short comics that you finish in 15 mins)

I read all of them on my phone it was a great read, and the eBook support is great. 

You can buy them from Dark Hose Comics which will let you not only read it on your computer, but read it on any smart device with the Dark Horse Comics app.

• Like 1

I hope Keith Szarabajka (how the hell do you pronounce that?) comes back to voice him (and Bornstellar, if he is still alive) for Halo 5. 

In any case, I hoped Escalation wouldn't spoil too much but it looks like, like Halo 3 and 4, there will be quite a gap between the games that only Escalation can fill.

Also, I'm thrilled that the Didact is indeed returning - in my opinion he is the best villain to appear in the series - very powerful and dangerous, but somehow he doesn't feel completely evil. 

This cover art was released weeks ago.

*Tuts*

CATCH UP ON YO' NEWS BOY

Also, every one of the Escalation covers has featured something that happened in the issue itself. I would imagine that this does happen, especially as issues 6-12 will focus on the 'next 72 hours' after the events if Halo 4, of which we know that MC joins up with Infinity and goes rogue at some point.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 3

1. A little bit late don't you think

2. Just because the cover art features the Didact punching Chief (Apparently, although from the pos. you can see it's clearly made just for the art and not depicting a real event) doesn't mean Didact is back

3. WOW THATS A BIG SPOILER IN THE TITLE MATE

Chris at haloforfollower on youtube did a news video on this. He speculated on wether or not the Didact cracked chiefs visor in the teaser from last E3. I don't think that though, if you look closely you can see that after chief is punched he still does not have a cracked visor.

1. A little bit late don't you think

2. Just because the cover art features the Didact punching Chief (Apparently, although from the pos. you can see it's clearly made just for the art and not depicting a real event) doesn't mean Didact is back

3. WOW THATS A BIG SPOILER IN THE TITLE MATE

2. See above post. I edited it for this.

3. We have known the Didact survived for years. It really isn't a spoiler.

2. See above post. I edited it for this.

3. We have known the Didact survived for years. It really isn't a spoiler.

2. the thought process was if i spam the $%*&^% out that point it gets across quicker. obviously a flawed thought process but meh it still works

3. well we never had concrete evidence the didact lived. It was possible he died, it was possible he lived. Everybody just believed the latter and doubted the former.

2. the thought process was if i spam the $%*&^% out that point it gets across quicker. obviously a flawed thought process but meh it still works

3. well we never had concrete evidence the didact lived. It was possible he died, it was possible he lived. Everybody just believed the latter and doubted the former.

A) Epilogue. The Didact is seen talking to a council of some sorts, Post-Halo 4.

B- Primordium, spoken by 343GS.

C) He didn't die, he fell into a slip space portal. MJOLNIR MK V armour has been seen to survive being exposed to slipstream (First Strike), and there were Combat Skins up to 6 times as effective as MJOLNIR- as a standard. It is likely the Didact, the commander of all Forerunner military's, could easily survive.

Edited by BaconShelf

A) Epilogue. The Didact is seen talking to a council of some sorts, Post-Halo 4.

B) Primordium, spoken by 343GS.

C) He didn't die, he fell into a slip space portal. MJOLNIR MK V armour has been seen to survive being exposed to slipstream (First Strike), and there were Combat Skins up to 6 times as effective as MJOLNIR- as a standard. It is likely the Didact, the commander of all Forerunner military's, could easily survive.

You skipped B

This is great for the franchise. I think that chief needs

a powerful opponent like the Didact to really spice

things up. He hasn't really had one in the story since

we had to fight Tartarus.

Nice job Edward!

• Like 1