How to become a Community Manager at 343 industries?

ArbiterMLG

Hello again my friends, 

I wanted to ask you, the community/343 industries as a whole, to help explain to me on how to work at 343 industries, being a Community Manager just like Bravo and bs angel. It has been my dream for quite some years now and i want to know how/what i can do to get prepared & what it takes to become one. I do know that job posistion is probaly wanted by many people, how ever, i see myself as having a quite good chance because i know bs angel and Bravo. Off Twitter and places like that. Just please help me out/understand what it takes, what responsibilites i have to face, and how to become in that part of 343's industry! Do i need to take some special courses in College, classes in High School or whatever, do i even need that, im planning on going to College but it's just a curious question on the tip of my head. Please please help me out, i have been trying to reach out to multiple people about this, this is my dream/goal... i am willing to do whatever it takes, Halo is my passion, i am obsessed with it, i will never stop running towards my goal of Working at 343, even if i have to clean Bathrooms ok, i am going to work at 343, no matter what is in the way, Halo has always been apart of my life span, i'm planning on continuing that and making it one step further, of working at the one and only, 343 industries! Question is, how do i make this goal become true, what college courses/High School classes do i need to take, how do i become the posistion i want, how much do they pay for Community Managers, no matter the cost, i am gonna do this! All i need now, is the answer to my problem, a solution to make this happen! Guys thank you so much for tuning into the post i made, PLZ PLZ Help, my Gamertag is VenialZero6, just put that in just in case so we could talk more about this topic. Thanks, please respond, please support my new account, you do not know how much this means to me, it means a lot! Guys thank you, and have a GREAT EPIC FANTASTICAL DAY!!!!!! :)

Hello again my friends, 

I wanted to ask you, the community/343 industries as a whole, to help explain to me on how to work at 343 industries, being a Community Manager just like Bravo and bs angel. It has been my dream for quite some years now and i want to know how/what i can do to get prepared & what it takes to become one. I do know that job posistion is probaly wanted by many people, how ever, i see myself as having a quite good chance because i know bs angel and Bravo. Off Twitter and places like that. Just please help me out/understand what it takes, what responsibilites i have to face, and how to become in that part of 343's industry! Do i need to take some special courses in College, classes in High School or whatever, do i even need that, im planning on going to College but it's just a curious question on the tip of my head. Please please help me out, i have been trying to reach out to multiple people about this, this is my dream/goal... i am willing to do whatever it takes, Halo is my passion, i am obsessed with it, i will never stop running towards my goal of Working at 343, even if i have to clean Bathrooms ok, i am going to work at 343, no matter what is in the way, Halo has always been apart of my life span, i'm planning on continuing that and making it one step further, of working at the one and only, 343 industries! Question is, how do i make this goal become true, what college courses/High School classes do i need to take, how do i become the posistion i want, how much do they pay for Community Managers, no matter the cost, i am gonna do this! All i need now, is the answer to my problem, a solution to make this happen! Guys thank you so much for tuning into the post i made, PLZ PLZ Help, my Gamertag is VenialZero6, just put that in just in case so we could talk more about this topic. Thanks, please respond, please support my new account, you do not know how much this means to me, it means a lot! Guys thank you, and have a GREAT EPIC FANTASTICAL DAY!!!!!! :)

Well one thing that the community managers need to do is...

Stay interactive with the community.

It is their job as the matchmaking/community managers to make sure everyone is happy with what they have, which is why Halo 4 still gets constant playlist updates.

Another thing is that you also need to help create some fun game types, and know how to make them. I use Horizon mods for the Halo 4 gametypes I make, it is worth it.

And just be nice. 343 Industries has proven to have a lot of fun there, even with work in the way. Well - Also age and some smarts.

But the moral is that they look for people that love their job, the community, the game, and everything else.

I hope your goal is achieved my friend!!

We are NOT 343i. If you really want to talk to 343i then please head over to HaloWaypoint. We are just a community forum and are not associated with 343industries in anyway.

As for being community manager at this point in time that dream is very slim. You're going to need to graduate college first(I reccomend taking some classes in new media or media/social in geenral). Next this isn't really school advice but you need to be a nice entertaining guy. Bravo and BSangel are just that. I suggest actually applying for 343i first as a developer, artist, anything they need(that fits what you're studying in college of course)

The reason why i say being a community manager right now is very slim is because 343i already has community managers. Not only that but to actually be a community manager you have to be trusted and that is something you gain overtime from working at 343i.

You also need a good job record whenever you do apply to 343i. Seeing as they are a Microsoft studio it is harder to apply and get accepted. I would also recommend having a large presence within the Halo community that way it shows that you love the Halo community and people know/respect you and that you care about the game. 

We are not 343i so I can't give you much direct advice, but I hope your dream of working there comes true. 

Well one thing that the community managers need to do is...

Stay interactive with the community.

Another thing is that you also need to help create some fun game types, and know how to make them. I use Horizon mods for the Halo 4 gametypes I make, it is worth it.

Marine is 100% right about the "interacting with the community part" You need to be able to listen and take crictism/judgement and answer questions respectfully and control your emotions when people send you hate mail(Since community managers usually get the bulk of the hate mail)

Also the whole "Another thing is that you also need to help create some fun game types, and know how to make them. I use Horizon mods for the Halo 4 gametypes I make, it is worth it." is 100% false. The community manager doesn't just go "Hey new gametype idea BOOM" and 343i doesn't hire because you have good ideas. That is handled by the matchmaking team. 

Another thing I should add is good English skills since you're going to be speaking/writing a lot. Also the ability to withhold information is very important since you're not allowed to comment on rumors and speculation. 

Just as a random person, not as an official 343i employee -- wait, yeah, this isn't an official 343i website, that'd be Halo Waypoint. Okay! As a random person, I would think they would want someone taking Communications, Business, and even possibly Game Design courses in college. And they wouldn't take a bachelor's degree, I don't think. Probably something like a master's degree, a doctrinal degree degree would probably be overqualified lmao. Anyhow, in highschool try taking some early business classes as well. Try to keep amazing grades, above 3.8 GPA, and bring it all into your personal life by taking notes on successful companies, their core marketing strategies, and why they're successful. Try becoming a peoples' person, go socialize with different types of people. Be s nicer person, learn how to respect those who spit in your face. Put stereotypes aside, and likewise be honest and patient. The first big step: talk to your counselor thoroughly, and make it known how dedicated you are. Trust me, I have a dream, too. ;) And good luck! :D

Just as a random person, not as an official 343i employee -- wait, yeah, this isn't an official 343i website, that'd be Halo Waypoint. Okay! As a random person, I would think they would want someone taking Communications, Business, and even possibly Game Design courses in college. And they wouldn't take a bachelor's degree, I don't think. Probably something like a master's degree, a doctrinal degree degree would probably be overqualified lmao. Anyhow, in highschool try taking some eatly business classes as well. Try to keep amazing grades, above 3.8 GPA, and bring it all into your personal life by taking notes on successful companies, their core marketing strategies, and why they're successful. Try becoming a peoples' person, go socialize with different types of people. Be s nicer person, learn how to respect those who spit in your face. Put stereotypes aside, and likewise be honest and patient. The first big step: talk to your counselor thoroughly, and make it known how dedicated you are. Trust me, I have a dream, too. ;) And good luck! :D

Thats sound advice although I think a bachelors degree would be fine for this position since it relies on more social/business/critical thinking skills. 

We are NOT 343i. If you really want to talk to 343i then please head over to HaloWaypoint. We are just a community forum and are not associated with 343industries in anyway.

As for being community manager at this point in time that dream is very slim. You're going to need to graduate college first(I reccomend taking some classes in new media or media/social in geenral). Next this isn't really school advice but you need to be a nice entertaining guy. Bravo and BSangel are just that. I suggest actually applying for 343i first as a developer, artist, anything they need(that fits what you're studying in college of course)

The reason why i say being a community manager right now is very slim is because 343i already has community managers. Not only that but to actually be a community manager you have to be trusted and that is something you gain overtime from working at 343i.

You also need a good job record whenever you do apply to 343i. Seeing as they are a Microsoft studio it is harder to apply and get accepted. I would also recommend having a large presence within the Halo community that way it shows that you love the Halo community and people know/respect you and that you care about the game. 

We are not 343i so I can't give you much direct advice, but I hope your dream of working there comes true. 

Marine is 100% right about the "interacting with the community part" You need to be able to listen and take crictism/judgement and answer questions respectfully and control your emotions when people send you hate mail(Since community managers usually get the bulk of the hate mail)

Also the whole "Another thing is that you also need to help create some fun game types, and know how to make them. I use Horizon mods for the Halo 4 gametypes I make, it is worth it." is 100% false. The community manager doesn't just go "Hey new gametype idea BOOM" and 343i doesn't hire because you have good ideas. That is handled by the matchmaking team. 

Another thing I should add is good English skills since you're going to be speaking/writing a lot. Also the ability to withhold information is very important since you're not allowed to comment on rumors and speculation. 

*Looks at Ninja Assassins*

Community also somewhat handles matchmaking, through voting for game types, getting game types etc. This is because the community team partially works with the match making team. :P