343i 33rd Weekly Community Poll

Welcome all to the 33rd 343i Weekly Community Poll!

WP2bd2d.png

Last week's Community Poll asked if you felt like Dominion should return in Halo 5, here are the results of that poll!

YES! Dominion is very popular with the Community, just look at what JXZAW had to say about the possibility of Dominion returning:

Absolutely. I loved Dominion, it took the basic Domination/Conquest game mode found in other popular First Person Shooters, and added their own twists like capturing bases (instead of just flags) and they added gimmicks such as defense turrets, base shields, vehicle pads and ordnance drops. Instead of counting points per second, it adds points when you hold the base for 45 seconds, which is a good thing as it encourages defense as well as offense.

All of these gimmicks were nicely implemented, and I'd love to see its return in Halo Xbox One. Imagine this on larger maps with more bases, now that would be sweet. Vehicular combat was also a major part in this gametype and I love vehicular combat in Halo, as do many people. It was a great gametype, and I'm all for its return. Whilst I personally preferred Invasion, Dominion is FAR from a bad gametype.

Now onto this week's community poll!

There has been a tremendous amount of speculation circulating the Halo community since 343 Industries gave us a glimpse into Halo 5: Guardians with some teaser art. I want to add even more speculation to our members' quickly growing theories about Halo 5 with this week's Community Poll!

Has the ONI Spartan emerged to assist Master Chief or does he have other ambitions?

gallery_44870_558_1794354.png

Be sure to leave your thoughts on the recently released teaser art above along with your vote in the comments below.

VOTING DEADLINE: 5-26-14 @ 6:00 AM EST

Thanks for participating in this week's Community Poll!

See y'all next week! :wave:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to the Poll? Message BZ1

• Like 4

FIRST !

I think the new Spartan is hunting down Master chief for going rouge and that the campaign will have both Master chief missions and whoever this Spartan is missions I also hope he is full customizable like Nobel six. :)

EDIT

The Spartan also looks pretty Forrunerey if that is even a word. so maybe humanity has managed to reverse engineer Forerunner tech even more.

Edited by Caboose the Ace

My thoughts:

You'll probably either play as that spartan the whole game or parts of the game in search of the Master Chief. Since the Master Chief is off the grid ONI wants to find him real bad.

Remember the intro of Halo 4 where ONI questioned Halsey about him? Wanted to replace him? Maybe that is what they intend to do.

I believe that this new "Spartan", if he even is so considering we don't know if this is an advanced class of Forerunner or Promethean hijacked by ONI, or even something else, has ulterior motives that divide his intentions from the Chief's. His own motivations could even be to harm the Chief or act as a roadblock, which I believe could be his main purpose, as if we haven't been able to tell Chief will likely be assisting Halsey after he hunts her down, which would put him as an obvious enemy of the Office of Naval Intelligence rather then an Ally. 

• Like 1

Forerunner or Promethean hijacked by ONI, 

ONI still doesn't understand how Forerunner Ancillas exactly work. So it is 100% impossible for them to "hijack" something they don't understand. Not even the engineers would help them do that(because they are and always will be loyal to the Forerunners, their creators). Although this armor could be reverse engineered Forerunner tech. Based on all current Halo lore this new "Spartan" does not fit the biological or physical descriptions of a Forerunner/Promethean. 

I can't really say since I don't want to speculate much. Although I think it is obvious that this new character is important/possibly playable; my best bet is that ONI wants something with the MC. If that is to chase him down/help him we do not yet know, but it will be interesting to see regardless. 

Well, I think this mcthugginugget is most likely an antagonist on the ONI front, since the chief is hiding from them in the first place, sent as a bounty Hunter to track him down. But since this lad is no Didact, Covie, or Forunner skudz, I'm guessing that he'll strike at MC at first, but may uncover that he is innocent and cheesily trade sides, favoring the chief.

The fact that a few people, and I (though maybe not for the same reason), think that he may be a negative character is due to his appearance, as his color scheme looks to take a polar opposite feel to the Chief's.

Really good topic BZ.

I think this ONI Spartan is there to find Chief with ulterior motives at first but I have a feeling their going to find some common enemy and end up having to work together. I think he'll catch Chief eventually but it'll be at a bad time, like when Chief is standing in front of a 50 foot tall Forerunner being like the one we saw in the first Halo 5 teaser trailer. 

• Like 2

Well, if MC has gone rogue (which I highly doubt), then this Spartan could be ONI's way of sorting things out. He could be like a hunter/assassin. I highly doubt Master Chief going rogue though.

It's possible that this Spartan could actually be a replacement. Captain Del Rio called John and "aging Spartan", ONI may see this the same way and want a replacement for him. At the same time though, John-117 has not yet been proven unworthy. He did kind of save Earth in Halo 4 and manage to "defeat" the Didact...with the help of Cortana, who he has now lost.

This Spartan seems like he is to assist Chief, I don't see many other good reasons as to why he would do otherwise.

I suppose he is either a seek-and-destroy Spartan, or he is just trying to find the Chief.

It really looks like a badass, that's a fact. His armour is quite advanced, I'd guess a MJOLNIR GEN3. Anyway, it really looks like Forerunner design.

Interesting is also the new design of the BR he's holding, if that is actually a BR. The scope is quite different, restricted like a short-range weapon.

I suppose, he being a new character, that we'll play as him in the main Campaign, at least a part of it. Maybe we'll see a split up Campaign, like Halo 2 one, where we play some missions as Master Chief and some as the new spartan?

One thing is for sure: ONI wouldn't send a Spartan of their own to follow the Master Chief without a good reason.

Lets be honest here guys, we don't know if he is going to like Disney princess' or Blood, guts, and glory.

The point I am making? We can't say whether he is friendly or not because we have no further information than the fact that it is indeed a guy.

So, my answer is: It is dumb to speculate the position of the spartan not knowing the truth behind his character.  So it is not important at this time.