Online Failing

Rue

It'd be so awesome if someone could give me assistance on this, if not I understand and I can just contact microsoft or something.

Problem: My Xbox Live profile is taking forever to sign in, and when it does finally sign in it says that the connection to Xbox Live failed.

So I signed out and was going to disconnect and reconnect my internet, but when I did it I realized that my internet connection was fine. I ran the test, and it said my Xbox could connect to my wifi, but the internet couldn't reach the Xbox Live server. I'm not really sure what's going on, I tried to wait it out for a week and tried it again yesterday only to get the same result.

One of the tips said to disconnect the router, wait 30 seconds, reconnect it, wait 30 more seconds, and then try it again. I may sound like a complete idiot for asking this but... What exactly is the router? Is it on the Xbox itself, or is it on the wifi box? 

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Like 2

I run into problems like this sometimes. Although it isn't for a week........ :wave:

Usually the router can be disconnected and reconnected. Sometimes if you have the installation program for it on your computer and a pen and paper, you can always reset it's info to kind of get a bit of a fresh start. (I had to do that when my linksys router went to an unsecure and became a weasel.)

• Like 1