•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games
@  RedStarRocket91 : (20 November 2019 - 05:03 PM) @Maestro I mean, Halo's aim assist is good, but like... it's just never going to be able to compete with a mouse for precision
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 03:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, Lloydwem! :welcome: View Lloydwem's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 02:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, Woodrowabsemo! :welcome: View Woodrowabsemo's Profile
@  Maestro : (19 November 2019 - 12:32 PM) I'm hoping at least the campaigns and custom games are cross-platform. I've heard PC players may have an advantage with matchmaking but I'm not 100% sure about it
@  RedStarRocket91 : (18 November 2019 - 03:30 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II No clue, but I hope so
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM) Welcome to the forums, Skyanics! :welcome: View Skyanics's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 01:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, OksanaDek! :welcome: View OksanaDek's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 08:13 AM) Site Poll 106 is up: http://www.343indust...iring/?p=394088
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) They've done so with HW2, I'm sure they will with MCC as well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM) @RedStarRocket91 I'm on board, will cross-platform sessions be available?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:50 AM) @Melody @Vitamin Pwn @Tommy @RedStarRocket91 Hey fam
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:

Photo

Next Halo anounced as Halo 5: Guardians

Best Answer Adam91, 16 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

If that is the cast its a big missed opportunity. Can you link to that source?

Frank O'Connor's name is stinkles in case you didn't know

http://www.neogaf.co...5#post112216945

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 BeckoningZebra1

BeckoningZebra1

The Negotiator

• Legendary Members
  • 1,807 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:BeckoningZebra1
  • LocationNorth Carolina
10       2                                    

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Im calling it now, its either Linda or Naomi.

Like Adam said, Frank O'conner has already stated that the spartan is not a girl:

Stinkles: "It's not Palmer and it is not a girl."

Link to official statement

SIG17c699.png

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something.

The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will do."

#22 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Warm Bnus
  • LocationInstallation 00
14             2                     

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Frank O Connor already confirmed it is NOT a female.Also SII's were bulkier then that so I highly doubt it is even an SII

gallery_88375_757_102964.jpg

#23 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

The image of the second spartan looks more female than male though. Just because he said it isnt, doeant mean he is telling the turth. I'll wait till we actually have more info on this. Although as an afterthought, it could be a full suit encompassing Cortana. Cortana is an AI, and therego forfeits an actual gender assignment or profile. Simply put, she is more of an "It".

bungie.gif

#24 Composite Armour

Composite Armour

Blood Raven

• Dedicated Members
  • 744 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Ledgend1221
  • LocationFor the Emperor!
5                3      

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

Well, I'm not trusting anything from Twitter after Pete hines and Skyrim.

wallpaper_warhammer_40,000_dawn_of_war_i

#25 Is not JL

Is not JL

I got banned from XBL for saying my dad works at Microsoft :<

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,511 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:JL1223 X
4    2    9    2            

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

https://s3cmsassets....3f7bca3533f.jpg

Concept Art I saw on Halo Waypoint's blog. Sorry I couldn't get the image to show up in the thread. (sort of a noob at these kinds of forum things.)

Spoiler

Didn't occur to mee that it was two suns. When I looked at it, I thought it was a giant cavern. Hmm. A desert planet with two suns, these structures that, in a way, look a bit reminiscent of arabic/middle eastern castles, And that carved statue thing? Is it just me, or does the shadows on it's face, as well as those two points coming out forwards, look a bit like an Energy-Sword wielding Elite?

Sanghelios?

The image of the second spartan looks more female than male though. Just because he said it isnt, doeant mean he is telling the turth. I'll wait till we actually have more info on this. Although as an afterthought, it could be a full suit encompassing Cortana. Cortana is an AI, and therego forfeits an actual gender assignment or profile. Simply put, she is more of an "It".

He's also a 'New' character. 343 Industries' exec producer, Josh Holmes, confirmed that much, as well as 'he's not Palmer (Or Cortana)' 

@JoshingtonState

Edited by ♥ Yoko ♥, 16 May 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%2022.24.

#26 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,494 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

It looks very masculine, we're just used to beefy spartans in bulky armor, look at Jun, from his figure you couldn't tell if he was a male or female from that distance in that light unless you heard his voice or saw his face. Why would he lie stupidly over a character's gender? It's not like with TLOU when they lied to keep spoilers out, no this is an ESSENTIAL character, we need his gender to actually adapt to him.

Posted Image

#27 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
14             2                     

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

Frank O Connor has never lied on NeoGAF when he says thing. Also multiple developers have already stated this is a new character so your assumptions are still wrong.

I have a feeling this new character could function similarly to Noble 6 which would justify the "it" statement because it is whatever gender the player picks. 

#28 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

I am just so glad we got some more info on the game. :)

The question is who is the second Spartan ?

EDIT

CABOOSES WILD CARD IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That second "Spartan" is Cortana.

Edited by Caboose the Ace, 17 May 2014 - 03:41 AM.

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#29 Is not JL

Is not JL

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,511 posts
Inspiring
4    2    9    2            

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

CABOOSES WILD CARD IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That second "Spartan" is Cortana.

a bit layte mayte

And nope. Not Cortana.

#30 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

Well I saw a topic on the forum and he said that in one of the Waypoint bulletins it gave a hint it a second playable Spartan being in Halo 5, their task being hunting down Master chief. < I don't know if that is 100 percent true but sounds cool. :)

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#31 Seeker of Truth

Seeker of Truth

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 191 posts
Liked
  • LocationOakville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

If Chief is working for ONI that would mean working against the Arbiter; something I hope 343i would not force us to do, at least not as John.

That second Spartan, though, distinctly has an ONI emblem on his armour. My speculation is that he is not a supporting protagonist, but rather an antagonist, perhaps ONI's replacement for John or a part of Kilo-Five or similar unit. Plus the the concept art, looking a lot like Sanghelios, suggests that at least part of the game will take place there. We know that Sanghelios is rich in Forerunner relics which suggests the possibility that the Xbox One teaser trailer could also take place on Sanghelios. But why would John be masking his appearence on a friendly world? I still think that the Xbox One trailer may take place on the Ark, or other Forerunner installation, while the concept art actually is Sanghelios.  

I hope we don't end up fighting the Arbiter. That would lead to outrage among the Sangheili subculture of the community and be extremely frustrating even for more casual fans (including myself). 

320px-Didact.png

#32 Is not JL

Is not JL

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,511 posts
Inspiring
4    2    9    2            

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Doubt that they'd put the Antagonist on the front cover, as well as 'above' Chief, who's now upside down - which is probably yet more symbolism.

#33 Adam91

Adam91

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 1,726 posts
Legendary

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

Frank O'Connor confirmed it is not a female.

#34 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Ok ok for **** sake! Its not a female character. Does it really take 5 different lemming posts to call my guess wrong? Dont like my guess, then **** off alreqdy. As for Franklez, just because he is a dwv, doesnt mean he doesnt manipulate details or post half truths. Revealing everything about a character now does no good anyway. Unless more concrete information is released, anything is still possible.

bungie.gif

#35 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
14             2                     

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

Ok ok for **** sake! Its not a female character. Does it really take 5 different lemming posts to call my guess wrong? Dont like my guess, then **** off alreqdy. As for Franklez, just because he is a dwv, doesnt mean he doesnt manipulate details or post half truths. Revealing everything about a character now does no good anyway. Unless more concrete information is released, anything is still possible.

All the devs have said is that the character is brand new and not female. Even if it was female all these character theories of "its cortana, Naomi, Linda, etc" would still be wrong because this is a new character.

So far the best speculation has been that this person is hunting down Master Chief. I personally like that idea, ONI are a bunch of jerks and if you remember the beginning of Halo 4 some of it adds up, but of course its just speculation.

#36 Adam91

Adam91

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 1,726 posts
Legendary

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

I didn't realize other people said it to you, when I clicked on the thread it went straight to your post so I thought you were the last person to comment.  

#37 Rue

Rue

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 263 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Cashenit
  • LocationUnited States
4    2   

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

The game would be really interesting if we got to play as the

mysterious spartan! My anticipation for this game is bubbling

over, I can't wait! With the lowered Xbox One price, this game

and the console itself are just around the corner for me(:

Awesome discovery!

To see the world in a grain of sand

And a heaven in a wild flower,

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,

And eternity in an hour.

#bewaretheninja

ღ Be prepared for the… AP Uprising

#38 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

I don't think we have enough info to be making any speculations of this mystery Spartan at all right now. They really did their job with that image

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#39 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

It's not a girl though Twin... lol

Anyways, is anyone else bothered by the fact that it's called Halo 5: Guardians? It makes it sound... sort of... well... Halo 3: ODSTish.

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#40 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:01 AM

Anyways, is anyone else bothered by the fact that it's called Halo 5: Guardians? It makes it sound... sort of... well... Halo 3: ODSTish.

Halo: Combat Evolved

Doesn't even really matter. When we say that we want to go play "Halo 5: Guardians" we are probably just going to say "Halo 5."

I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "Halo 1." 

Wait a minute... what's wrong with being ODSTish?

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users