CoD: Advanced Warfare = If CoD did Halo 4?

I watched CoD AW trailer.

Jump pack things

Promethean Vision

Futuristic Hover Bike Thing

Mechs

etc

I, by no means discredit this though. I feel that this may be CoD doing what Halo 4 tried to do, except doing it right.

When you say "I feel that this may be CoD doing what Halo 4 tried to do, except doing it right." I can only think you're saying that when Halo 4 implemented Jump pack things, Promethean Vision, Futuristic Hover Bike Thing, and Mechs, they did so unsuccessfully- To which, I'd have to disagree. Halo 4, for all it's shortcomings at launch, implemented some very innovative and unique features into the Halo franchise.

The Mantis is an incredibly powerful vehicle balanced by it's Spartan-like shields that can easily be taken down and it's relatively low health for a vehicle.

Promethean Vision was and still is criticized by many fans in the Halo community, and I can understand some of that criticism to an extent. It's an armor ability that's primary purpose is squashing campers out of the game. For those that don't camp, Promethean Vision is just a bit of an upgrade over your radar. 

I'm going to assume you're referring to the ghost, well the ghost has been around since Halo CE and still functions pretty much the same way it did in the original game. I can't imagine how this was in any way unbalanced in Halo 4. 

The Jet Pack has been around since Reach, and has a big difference on the way a game is played and the way an objective is handled. The Jet Pack was highly overpowered in Halo: Reach with a very large amount of possible usage before it drained out. I think if anything, 343i managed to refine the Jet Pack very well when they brought it over to Halo 4. 

For all the similarities, they're still very different titles. I think Call of Duty will make good use of these features, and will once again top the charts in sales, but they won't be used in the same manner as was capable in Halo 4.

Halo =/= CoD

• Like 3

When you say "I feel that this may be CoD doing what Halo 4 tried to do, except doing it right." I can only think you're saying that when Halo 4 implemented Jump pack things, Promethean Vision, Futuristic Hover Bike Thing, and Mechs, they did so unsuccessfully- To which, I'd have to disagree. Halo 4, for all it's shortcomings at launch, implemented some very innovative and unique features into the Halo franchise.

The Mantis is an incredibly powerful vehicle balanced by it's Spartan-like shields that can easily be taken down and it's relatively low health for a vehicle.

Promethean Vision was and still is criticized by many fans in the Halo community, and I can understand some of that criticism to an extent. It's an armor ability that's primary purpose is squashing campers out of the game. For those that don't camp, Promethean Vision is just a bit of an upgrade over your radar. 

I'm going to assume you're referring to the ghost, well the ghost has been around since Halo CE and still functions pretty much the same way it did in the original game. I can't imagine how this was in any way unbalanced in Halo 4. 

The Jet Pack has been around since Reach, and has a big difference on the way a game is played and the way an objective is handled. The Jet Pack was highly overpowered in Halo: Reach with a very large amount of possible usage before it drained out. I think if anything, Halo 4 managed to refine the Jet Pack very well when it brought it over to Halo 4. 

For all the similarities, they're still very different titles. I think Call of Duty will make good use of these features, and will once again top the charts in sales, but they won't be used in the same manner as was capable in Halo 4.

Halo =/= CoD

^^^ this

And I actually feel that its more Like TitanFall than Halo, with the running on walls, mechs and what not.

The Jet Pack has been around since Reach, and has a big difference on the way a game is played and the way an objective is handled. The Jet Pack was highly overpowered in Halo: Reach with a very large amount of possible usage before it drained out. I think if anything, 343i managed to refine the Jet Pack very well when they brought it over to Halo 4. 

Halo =/= CoD

But the thing is Cod really has done nothing amazingly "New" Since Blops 1 and nothing "Big new" since MW1, Ghosts is still running on a modified MW1 engine. :)

This basically answers your thread lol

Sledgehammer has been working on this game for 3 years now. They started work on this as soon as Halo 4 was announced basically so I don't see how they're trying to copy Halo in any way lol.

Plus Activision could care less about Halo. The franchise doesn't make enough money to interest or copy it. Plus it is CoD we're talking about. They aren't going to be taking influences from an arena shooter. Halo 4 and CoD are two very different styles of shooter.