Should 343 make a Halo Wars 2?

Rumerboy

Wow so many people saying no and they hated it i think , they do not have a iq high enough to play a game such as halo wars. I think they should make halo wars more fun for different groups of people like mabye a option on if you would like to play the game in ''birds eye view'' or first person shooting style.

Then they will lose the faithful players who play halo wars now. they might as well focus on halo 4. halo wars is soley a strategy game and that's all it will be

I agree that the game should be made, but to add the forerunners to the game is not smart. The only known forerunner units are sentinals and you cannot base an army on sentinals. The flood may make a good army so long as they use vehicles and make them too. I would also like to have lopsided matches. Such as 3V1 and 2V3.

I agree that the game should be made, but to add the forerunners to the game is not smart. The only known forerunner units are sentinals and you cannot base an army on sentinals. The flood may make a good army so long as they use vehicles and make them too. I would also like to have lopsided matches. Such as 3V1 and 2V3.

That's the question for Halo 4 and 343 has an idea. I think halo wars 2 should come out after halo 4. It gives people more time to play it. If Halo 4 does well then they can broaden the view with a second Halo Wars using the forunner enemy and the flood and Covanant. Master Cheif can be the human hero. Maybe the Rebels can be in the game too. But I see the Rebels and the halo 4 enemy being extra enemies while the flood remains AI controled. The 2v3 1v3 could mess up the server but idk. I'd love to have that though.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you want hw2, if the fps players of halo want it they should get it. If 343 needs help with an RTS get Tom Clancy, Endwar is amazing and completely realistic and have a perfect balance to the game despite there being 3 factions and. Who wouldnt want a sequel!!?

or they could get some pointers from the creaters of command and conquer.

• Like 1

Actually have to agree with you there I quite liked Halo Wars , and to bring new species into it would be awesome.

The flood would be really good as they are practically unstoppable. Thing is I dont think Halo Wars was actually that popular which is a dam shame, as it was better than people gave it credit. ODST suffered from the same thing it was actually better than people thought

well technically halo ODST was basiccally like another version of halo 3 and not much different i might ad

i cant see them making this as they are working on 3 games already and if they could work on halo wars 2 while making the next trilogy then i would assume it would be released in about 10 years from now because i cant see them releasing it in between the new trilogy games. But the idea itself of a halo wars 2 wouldnt interest me as much as the master chief games.

• 2 weeks later...

I as an indevidual loved the game. Though a sequal is a rather good idea this topic should be posted on Ensemble Studios website. Yes, 343 was shown on the box of the first game but 343 did not make it, they simply supervised it's creation so it would not head away from the halo universe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Halo Wars 2 needs two things; a proper add campaign and a more beefed up storyline...something a bit less cartoony and more challenging.

In terms of depth to the strategy, I think Ensemble nailed the basic gameplay, but playing as the same UNSC or Covie leaders does get bland. I would not vote for a full on Flood faction or Forerunner faction though. The Flood should be kept in an infection style playlist where the Flood player infects the other players stuff and IDK how the Forerunner would play into it...naturally, there might be full canonical room for a faction based on the antagonist in Halo 4.

All that said, if there is a Halo Wars 2, Robot (and 343) should try to implement a credit based customization system, not unlike what you now have in FPS's. There are so many units, species, vehicles, powers, etc. which get excluded from Halo simply beacuse their tactical niches are already occupied. Halo Wars 2 should implement a system whereby players can spend credits earned to unlock increasingly specialized units and equip them to their respective production buildings...maybe offer the ability to buy leader powers, cosmetic changes...

I was thinking it would be really cool if you could customize 3 Spartan soldiers or 3 elite zealots with a set of armor (not full on customization just a whole set), a upgrade path and a base weapon and special ability.

Other than that, maybe including a more dedicated implementation of phantom and pelican dropships and maybe a simple system to air drop basic fortifications unto the map. Maybe even the ability to construct Covenant or UNSC AA guns which prevent enemy players from using leader powers in a radius around them? Food for thought.