Should 343 make a Halo Wars 2?

Rumerboy

from the rates on halo wars it should be a good sell

source: http://www.metacriti...x-360/halo-wars

Halo Wars gets positive reviews mainly because the only people willing to rate the game are the ones who enjoy it. Halo Wars also sold well because lots of people thought the game was FPS. Sad to say for those people, many people came home on Midnight Release to play just to find out it was a strategy game. Happy for those who love strategy games, I was pleased. I also knew what it was when few people did. Trust me though, Wars 2 wouldn't do well at all.

that was a good RTS game for xbox, i think they deserve a halo wars 2, i would be there to get it

As would I. Halo Wars is a great game and it's too bad not many people see that. However, I will continue to say this: Enjoy Halo Wars while you still can. It's a great game and I don't think we need a second added to the series.

Should 343 make Halo wars 2, well it comes down to the question of One is there an audience for that game that enough people would like to see a sequel happen soon, and the second question is could they pull it off, RTS and Halo (FPS) are two differnet Genres, and bungie knew that, the concern would be for 343i could they do it, could they make it work for a sequel but would anybody even want a sequel to halo wars?

Sounds like you want hw2, if the fps players of halo want it they should get it. If 343 needs help with an RTS get Tom Clancy, Endwar is amazing and completely realistic and have a perfect balance to the game despite there being 3 factions and. Who wouldnt want a sequel!!?

As would I. Halo Wars is a great game and it's too bad not many people see that. However, I will continue to say this: Enjoy Halo Wars while you still can. It's a great game and I don't think we need a second added to the series.

We really do, hw aisnt fully balanced an with a second hw it gives the proper time and steps to balance out the game plus recreate terrain and add new features

Halo Wars gets positive reviews mainly because the only people willing to rate the game are the ones who enjoy it. Halo Wars also sold well because lots of people thought the game was FPS. Sad to say for those people, many people came home on Midnight Release to play just to find out it was a strategy game. Happy for those who love strategy games, I was pleased. I also knew what it was when few people did. Trust me though, Wars 2 wouldn't do well at all.

Well personally I'm not a fan of it plus i don't think it would have a positive outcome either

I honestly liked it a lot. It didn't have much replay value though, the only reason I tried playing through it a second time was for the badass cinematics at the end. But a Halo Wars 2 would be tricky cause there isnt Ensemble studios anymore. So, I think 343i should try and take a stab at it, I mean it should work out pretty well. Especially since they are a FPS based franchise, they could turn Halo Wars into a 3rd person RTS with FPS mechanics worked in, like the ability to zoom in on the battlefield if you wanted, it will give both sides of the table, the ones saying Halo Wars sucks and the ones who think its awesome, something to be very happy about when playing it. It should bring in a lot more fan base to it. Give the halo series a new splash of flavor :P

• 3 weeks later...

Personally i didn't mind the game being long. You can't really make a RTS or RPG short. You would have to rush them or something. thats something 343 can't control. However most people who hated don't understand the concept of halo wars and yet halo oringinally it was supposed to be a Rts. I agree there should be more than 3v3(but that makes the game long). If they want Halo wars 2 to get buzz they need to make modes that will appeal to the shooter people or shorter attention spand people. Some people didn't know how it worked some people got the concept but then got bored and quit. I would not like to see the flood become units but i would like to see the forerunners become playable and the halo 4 enemy be playable (HMMMMM). I guess they can change up the covy roster a little bit (not to crazy about it) I guess Master Chief can be in it.(who wouldn't want to kill the chief) If they make it and i hope they do they should complete after Halo 4. If Halo 4 doesn't do well. They can make money by changing the background a little bit but will see what happens

I honestly liked it a lot. It didn't have much replay value though, the only reason I tried playing through it a second time was for the badass cinematics at the end. But a Halo Wars 2 would be tricky cause there isnt Ensemble studios anymore. So, I think 343i should try and take a stab at it, I mean it should work out pretty well. Especially since they are a FPS based franchise, they could turn Halo Wars into a 3rd person RTS with FPS mechanics worked in, like the ability to zoom in on the battlefield if you wanted, it will give both sides of the table, the ones saying Halo Wars sucks and the ones who think its awesome, something to be very happy about when playing it. It should bring in a lot more fan base to it. Give the halo series a new splash of flavor :P

343 should recruit former Ensemble members to help create the second halo wars or study the first and create one from scratch
  • Like 1

Personally, I think it would be a waste of time for 343i at the moment. If they do decide to make a HW2, they could make a brilliant one, but right now they should focus on the Trilogy they are dedicated to constructing. If its a major success like they plan, they have some weight of their shoulders and can focus on a HW2 and possibly something of a Reach Sequel.

Personally i didn't mind the game being long. You can't really make a RTS or RPG short. You would have to rush them or something. thats something 343 can't control. However most people who hated don't understand the concept of halo wars and yet halo oringinally it was supposed to be a Rts. I agree there should be more than 3v3(but that makes the game long). If they want Halo wars 2 to get buzz they need to make modes that will appeal to the shooter people or shorter attention spand people. Some people didn't know how it worked some people got the concept but then got bored and quit. I would not like to see the flood become units but i would like to see the forerunners become playable and the halo 4 enemy be playable (HMMMMM). I guess they can change up the covy roster a little bit (not to crazy about it) I guess Master Chief can be in it.(who wouldn't want to kill the chief) If they make it and i hope they do they should complete after Halo 4. If Halo 4 doesn't do well. They can make money by changing the background a little bit but will see what happens

i I guess the rebel army can be in it too (not crazy about it) just to very the game up.

Wow so many people saying no and they hated it i think , they do not have a iq high enough to play a game such as halo wars. I think they should make halo wars more fun for different groups of people like mabye a option on if you would like to play the game in ''birds eye view'' or first person shooting style.