UNSC Warlord Chapter 8

Fishy

If you haven't signed up yet, the link is in my signature. Go ahead, give it a try!

~Chapter 8: Consign to Oblivion~

Sarge broke in over the network, “Alright, if we're going to make it to this Covenant Cruiser, we need to act like Covenant.” Sarge started shooting at a friendly longsword, he missed and shot down a Seraph that was right behind it.

“I don't think that was acting like Covenant.” Bek said.

“We might as well do it, it'll let the Covenant think we're undisciplined and let the UNSC know who we are.” Alex responded.

“Undisciplined?” Sarge questioned.

“Just go with the plan, the less you know the better it is for you to concentrate.” Alex started shooting at a Sabre and killed two space banshees.

“Can you g..y's here me?” Someone interrupted into the network.

“Yes we can, loud and clear.” Sarge responded.

“Good, this is Moth I need to give you a few more details and navigation's so you can get there.” Moth was silent for a moment.

None of the crew responded to Moth, so it was taken that they were all aware and ready for his instructions and descriptions. All that was heard were the shots of the Space Banshees dual cannons. Mostly by Sarge and Alex.

“Alright, we picked up the name of the Covenant ship, it seems to be marked as Consign to Oblivion. Which we believe the name has no relation to the ship, but the Covenant must think of it as a cool word from the English language.” Moth stated, he moved pieces of paper around on the look for more information of the ship.

Paladin replied to Moth, “So you're saying the Covenant have no idea what the ships name stands for, they just like the way it looks?”

“Correct.” Moth established, “Oh, here I'm going to send you all the inside layout of the ship. It should be able to help you find Zen, although we really can't pinpoint a location. That will be your call on how to find him.” Moth started to look for more details on the ship. He found it. “You might need to know this, the ships shield door hangar is open, they're sending everything they got out at the UNSC. You should recognize it upon your destination.” There was an alarm going off in the background from Moth's side of the communications.

“What's going on over there?” Sarge reacted to the noise.

“It looks like we have a Covenant Destroyer on our hands. The Commander might be needing me, we have another ship in bound to us as well. The other one looks like a Covenant Corvette.” The Commander could be heard in the background, she ordered Moth to get off the Network and to assist in the battle against the Covenant. “Alright, Lord, the Commander needs me. Here, you're about 10 kilometers from the Cruiser you need to reach. Just head straight and make a turn left after about 2.67 kilometers. Alright I have to go.” Moth disappeared from the Network.

“Well this just got a whole lot worse.” Fauz said.

“Let's just get to the Covenant Cruiser, we know where to head now, so why not get there even faster?” Sarge suggested somewhat of an idea.

“What do you mean, get there faster?” Archangel decided to speak up and ask.

“Well, these banshees are built with a boost ability, correct?” Sarge asked the team.

“Most combat banshees are. What are you suggesting?” Jack of Harts was confused about the overall idea of this.

“We should boost our way there, before we get left behind. Less time lost, more ground covered.” Sarge stated.

Sarge then turned on the boosters on his Banshee and took off at an incredible speed towards the Consign to Oblivion. The others followed him in succession. The battle got even more intense the closer they got to their objective.

“Sarge. Get down!” Alex yelled over the network.

Sarge looked up, a Covenant Super-Carrier was coming straight towards them. Sarge quickly reacted and evaded downwards. The Cruiser was about 50 km from the team. “Thanks Alex, saved a team there.”

“No problem, as long as we can get this Zen person, we should do fine.” Alex conversed.

“I think I can see the ship from here.” Archangel squinted his eyes to clarify.

“Looks like it.” Alex told Archangel. “My travel meter says we have traveled 8.48 kilometers already, so it looks right.”

“Okay, then lets move in.” Sarge turned off his boosts as he closed in on the Shield Door. Every vehicle meant for space combat was being dispatched. “I think this space combat just turned into a huge war.”

“That's what ONI was saying back at base. They think the Covenant are declaring war on humanity.” Bek gave away this information.

“Well then we're right in the middle of it.” Sarge landed his banshee along with the others inside the Covenant Hangar. An Elite General noticed the intruders inside the Banshee's. He ran over and hit the ship alarm.

“You remember when you said the situation got worse, Fauz?” Sarge looked over at him.

Fauz pulled out of his Space Banshee. “Yes I do, sir. May I ask why?”

Sarge was speechless for a couple of seconds. He then put himself together, “Well I think it just got to its worst.” Jackals and Grunts stormed in through one door. A couple of hunters came in through another. Elites stood up on the balcony.

“Lord team, hold a defensive position.” Sarge commanded.

All of a sudden, drones poured in through the ceiling. The Covenant started heavy fire. “If these barriers give up, we're dead.” Biggles firmly held up against the barricade.

“Where's Alex?” Sarge just noticed he never landed with the rest of them.

“I thought I saw him land in here with the rest of us.” Dumby said as he threw a blind grenade. “I could have sworn he did.”

At that precise moment, the Covenant managed to pull out a Wraith Tank from their vehicle stash. The team just laid against the barriers with melancholy spread over their faces.

“This must have been just a suicide mission, a way for the Commander to get rid of us.” Paladin had tears rolling down his eyes.

The wraith fired.

~End of Chapter 8~

Glad you all are starting to like the story quite a bit more. More details, more action, more in depth.

So tell me, what do you think about what's happening next? Thank you for all the dedication to this story. I give you all my thanks.

• Like 5

The Wraith fired and they all got blown to smitherines! End of the story, great job everybody, pack up we're done here!

JK ;)

I don't know how they're going to save themselves from this. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Now this is possible the biggest cliffhanger in the entire series so far. Desperate to find out what happens next. Very well written Slim, nice work. I'm guessing that if Alex did land for sure, he may have found a way to get behind enemy lines and operate the Wraith. I'm guessing that when the Wraith fired, it was actually firing at the Covenant. If not, then Godspeed Team Lord. I'm really interested to see how this will all play out. I'd like to see how the Team will approach the mission and how they'll deal with all the Covenant. The Team seems to have a strong setup, a variety of well trained soldiers. I'm sure they'll do great.

Take all the time you need to make each Chapter as amazing as possible. Keep it up Slim.