New Destiny Gameplay Video

Bungie has just released a new Destiny gameplay video titled "The Devils' Lair" as it follows a team of guardians fighting their way through the ruins of Old Russia.

In this seven minute long video we see a Fireteam of Guardians on a strike mission beneath the ruins of the Cosmodrome in a location called "The House of The Devils' Lair" in Old Russia as they take on the Fallen and the Hive, two of five enemy races Humanity will battle against to save Earth and their colonies. Destiny is a completely online game that encourages team play with co-operative modes that involves raids and strike missions as it is shown in the video. This has been the first proper video of solid full length gameplay since Bungie's presentation at last years E3. Fans itching to see more Destiny content will surely be tied over until more of it returns in just less than two months at this years E3. 

What did you think of the new gameplay, are you looking forward to the game? 

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 4

Good Bungie finally put some gameplay videos up.

Yes I am very tired but this really didn't impress me the game looked really easy all the players just jumped into hordes of Fallen and came out just fine. :(

Yeah I hope it is more challenging in most parts, maybe they put on easy difficulty just for the video. I would also like to see some gameplay fighting the other races, don't think I there has been much on the Cabal. We'll see what happens at E3 though.

The more and more I watch these videos, it just gets me thinking...

...What if Destiny is nothing more than Borderlands with a different art style? Sure, there's other things that set Destiny apart. However, from what I've seen it seems to be quite easy and repetitive. At its core, its basically a Borderlands MMO, with a more realistic art style. These 'ships' are to be used to make the world seem... seamless. To make it feel open-world. However, Bungie have stated that you cannot control these ships, you just use them to take you to other planets. The regions look to be quite small as well - I fear for the 'exploration'. They all seem just like big, huge levels with a mission that needs to be completed.

I realize this is STRIKE gameplay, where you team up with 2 other people and do a set objective, so I hope we see some of the actual exploration and vastness some time soon.

• Like 3

Austin well Strikes seem like instances in MMOs

And the stuff we saw in E3 seemed like in MMO term Dungeons but lets get one thing out the way.

Destiny is no MMO , Destiny is MMO in every sense of the term apart from the massive bit so that makes Destiny a shared world shooter but yes Austin you are right.

The more I see of Destiny the worse it looks. :)