UNSC Warlord Chapter 6

Fishy

Chapter Five was out, did you read it first? http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34605-unsc-warlord-chapter-five/

~Chapter 6: Arcadia Outskirts~

“Is everyone alright?” Alex's voice said.

“Yeah, I just think the landing would've gone better.” Jack said. He pulled himself up and put his helmet back on and grabbed his assault rifle.

Bek raised herself off the floor. She grabbed her shotgun and loaded the shells into the ammunition slot. “I think we should get a move on and see what the Covenant are really here for. I don't think standing around in a Pelican that just crashed because of a shade turret will do any good. For all they care, they think we're dead.”

“She's right.” Biggles said while he finished his ammunition reload.

“Alright everyone. Let's go in pairs: Jack and Biggles, Bek and Archangel. I'll go on my own. It'll get additional ground covered. Now let's move.” Alex headed off in one direction.

“You heard the man.” Biggles and Jack ran in another direction.

Bek looked at Archangel, “Just like old times back at ONI, huh?” Archangel nodded. They both took off in a direction separate from the other teams.

~ ~

Biggles and Jack arrived at a covenant outpost. They surveyed the area. “Looks like they're either planning for something or their gathering a lot of troops for a major invasion force.” Jack lowered his binoculars. “Alright, lets go. We need to take out this outpost one way or another.” They headed in the different direction.

“Wait, I think I see something up ahead that we could use to take out that Covenant outpost. It looks like it'll do the trick.” Biggles squinted at what he saw. Jack and him ran up to the machine. Jack surveyed the area while Biggles did a ping. “I don't see anything on the radar. So we must be good to go.”

Jack ran up to get in the machine, “Holy crap, we're going to use a Wolverine?” Jack dropped his gun from the shock. “Those things could destroy a building quicker than an average Scorpion.” Jack swiped up his gun and climbed on top of the Wolverine. He lowered his self into the Wolverine pilot hatch.

“Let's do this.” Biggles hopped into the gunner seat hatch and turned on the Wolverine.

“Okay let's go.” Jack drove straight towards the Covenant outpost. They were lucky. The Covenant didn't hear nor see them arrive before it was to late. “You get infantry, I got buildings.” Biggles started shooting the grenade launcher cannon at the grunts and elites. Jack turned the two rocket salvages and fired them at the outpost destroying the building from high impact.

“Looks like this place is toast” Jack said as he hopped out of the Wolverine finishing a piece of bread he found inside the hatch.

“Yeah, toast.” Biggles shot the grunt in the face causing a massive explosion to come from his methane tank. He opened the hatch, and put his Battle Rifle next to the hatch door.

“Uh, Biggles. You coming out or what?” Jack's expression looked confused.

“Yeah, I'm coming.” Biggles raised himself out of the hatch and onto the ground, he grabbed his Battle Rifle then checked to make sure he still had everything. He looked at Jack and nodded his head. They both progressed through the area even more, they were on the look out for a Covenant extraction zone.

~ ~

“Archangel. Are you ready?” She whispered.

Archangel responded, “Yes, setting up the bi-pod now, Bek.” He steadied the pod on the tree branch and balanced it.

Archangel and Bek had came onto a Covenant extraction site. They thought it looked like they had dug up some sort of building material. The structure was made of a nice solidified surface that ran off of some sort of technology usage of energy.

“Alex, Jack, and Biggles. Come to our location, now.” Archangel said.

“You think you found it?” Alex replied.

“Just come quick and look for yourself, I'm engaging now.” Archangel left the network.

Archangel took the first shot, luck was in his rifle this time; the Elite Commander fell down dead. The other Covenant began to scream in different tones about what just happened. Archangel took another shot, killing the gunner in the shade turret. He kept a steady pace of sniper shots for a few more rounds until one of the jackals spotted Bek and began to shoot his plasma pistol in the direction. So did all the grunts and other jackals. The few Elites that were there started to revolt as well.

“I'm taking way to much fire. I can't get a beat on them, Archangel. Can you finish off those jackals?” Bek leaned over and shot three grunts in the face and returned back behind the tree.

Archangel hopped out of the tree and went behind cover behind the bottom of a tree. “To much incoming fire, don't want a stray bullet to hit me.” Archangel dropped an Elite.

In the distance three banshees and a phantom crashed down in the area with a result of majority of the grunts and jackals gone. “What the hell?” Archangel, Bek, and The Covenant looked around. Six more missiles came into the area blowing up a a Covenant Wraith tank. “Okay, seriously. What's up?” Archangel sat down and messed with his network. “Okay, seriously. Which one of you guys was that?” He sounded upset about it.

“Was just Biggles and I. We found this Wolverine laying around and said 'Might as well use it.' So we took it and used it.” Jack replied back.

“Ah whatever.” Archangel shot the last Elite in the area.

Everyone regrouped in the middle. “Where's Alex?” Bek asked. She sounded as if she were afraid and scared for what might have happened to Alex.

“I'm here don't worry. But let's get going. We have about four minutes to get to the exfil. Commander's orders.” Alex ran past them in the direction of the extraction location.

After about two minutes of running they arrived at the bottom of the hill. Everyone started to run up the hill where the Pelican just landed. Alex saw Sarge, he looked as if he didn't want us to go up the hill. Suddenly Alex was drug and thrown threw two trees.

“Ah what the Hell was that?” He picked up his Assault Rifle and aimed it at where he was thrown. An Elite revealed itself from his active camouflage. The armor didn't look like ordinary Elite battle armor, it looked as if it belonged to a Covenant ship Commander.

“I am Fien' Sheyan, I am the third in command of the Covenant destroyer Bliss of Sedate. You are one of our high value targets, demon.” He withdrew two energy swords and ran at Alex. Alex opened fire.

Bek heard the shots, she called for the others to come help, which they did. They all ran towards Alex to save him. “Don't come any closer! Just run to the Pelican. Run!” Alex yelled at her. She hesitated as did the others, then ran to the Pelican.

Alex got knocked back from the Elite's fists. It hurt. Alex then got up and pulled out his magnum. He managed to get the Elite to drop one of the swords, Alex broke the power supply on it. The Elite looked angry.

“Damn you demon! I will have you for this!” Fien' ran at him. Alex dodged his swings and ran over and picked up his Assault Rifle he dropped earlier. He opened fire on the Elite, but the sword just reflected the bullets.

“Ah, what the hell.” Alex dropped the Assault rifle.

“Here, catch!” Alex heard Jack yell, so he held his hand in the air and caught a combat knife. Just in time as Fien' ran up, Alex stabbed his hand resulting in the Elite being disabled in both arms.

“Fool. You may have been able to defeat me, but the Arbiter will have you head! Your heresy will stand your feet!” The Elite fell to the ground.

“No, but it will stand yours.” He shot the Elite in the face with his magnum. Alex caught up to the pelican with less than thirty seconds left. “Let's go, now!” The pelican escalated quickly and boosted towards the UNSC Warlord.

A nuke went off down on the ground. Sarge leaned over and looked at where the noise came from and questioned, “What was that?”

Biggles took off his helmet and smiled at Sarge. “Command's orders.”

~End Chapter Six~

Alright everyone, what do you think happens next chapter?

• Like 5

I think Sarge won't be happy with a nuke detonation in a city.

Kepp up the good work!

Although you could've dragged out the fight with Flen' a bit more and really show presure by stating how many seconds untill the Pelican would lift off every now and then.

I think Sarge won't be happy with a nuke detonation in a city.

Kepp up the good work!

Although you could've dragged out the fight with Flen' a bit more and really show presure by stating how many seconds untill the Pelican would lift off every now and then.

It would've been short either way. I thought about Sergeant Forge making an appearance by ramming Fien and just having the scene of the fight right there.