UNSC Warlord Chapter Five

Fishy

Have you read Chapter 4 yet?

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34531-unsc-warlord-chapter-4/

~Chapter 5: Arcadia City~

“We’re going in hot!” Cajun yelled as he started to lose control of the pelican. “Brace for impact!” The pelican released the Scorpion and a couple seconds later landed on the belly of the vehicle and skid on the surface to a halt.

“That one was close, but we need to get a move on. Come on lets go. Those evac shuttles won’t last forever.” Sarge ordered, whom did not have any patience on this dangerous mission plan.

“You guys go ahead, I’m going back for the tank. I’ll rendezvous with all of you as soon as I can.” Osiris stated, then turned around and ran the opposite direction where the pelican first dispatched the Scorpion.

“Alright, everyone else on me!” Sarge commanded then took point and ran towards Arcadia City.

The team rushed towards the city and stood at the entrance, Osiris pulled the tank up a few minutes after they got their. Sarge was busy with a plan for a strategy on how they should take out the forces in the area to evac the shuttle when the Commander came over the network.

“Sarge, can you read me?” The Commander demanded for an answer.

“Loud and clear, what is it Commander?” Sarge replied without any hesitation.

“I have really bad news. A covenant fleet just jumped into the atmosphere. One of them looks like a leadership. Can’t tell for sure now. Spirit of Fire is engaging it and demanding a full retreat in 30 minutes of all of its units. We’ll be doing the same here as soon as we get those civilian shuttles off the planet.” The Commander assured.

“Alright Commander, will do. Sarge out.” Sarge disconnected from the network. He then ordered his team. “Alright everyone. We need to get evac shuttle number one lifted off. Osiris, you provide heavy support. If you see any covenant vehicles, take them out. Architect, Cajun,  and Fauz, all of you secure a good overview position of the evac shuttle. Provide as much precision support as you can. Dumby, Doc, and Paladin, you secure a defensive perimeter. Phoenix, you and I will provide frontline defense. We take out anything in front of the barricades that are not listed as friendly or civilian. Alright, take your positions, now!” Sarge watched everyone run to their positions, then he ran over and up to the barricade.

Phantoms were heard right overhead, then stopped to deploy troops. “Open fire!” Phoenix yelled. Everyone began to shoot at the grunts and jackals being deployed. Osiris shot down the phantom causing a massive explosion over the units. “I don’t think that’s all of them, let reload everyone!

Phoenix was right, at the exact moment two phantoms and a spirit flew in. The two phantoms landed first then deployed jackals and grunts. “Suppressive fire, everybody! Lets go go go!” Sarge was serious. While the everyone was engaged, the spirit landed and dropped off two hunters and a wraith. “Osiris! Eyes on that wraith!”

“Yes sir. Locking on now.” Osiris moved the Scorpions barrel and aimed at the wraith. He fired. “Woah boy!” The wraith lost all power, flipped over and crushed one of the hunters. Osiris then immediately engaged and eliminated the last hunter. “Tank beats everything! Oh man, I could do this all day!” Osiris shot down the spirit.

“Alright guys, the ship looks like it’s about full and ready to take off with the civilians. Get ready to run to the second evac shuttle.” Sarge informed everyone. “Doc, you’re doing a great job assisting those families on board. Just remember that Warlord is counting on you.”

Doc briefly responded, “I know, sir.”

“Alright, first shuttles ready to go. I don’t seem to see any enemy movement on the VISR, so we should be good.” Sarge confirmed putting his VISR HUD away. “Alright Evac Shuttle Number One, you are good to go!”

Evac pilot, “Thanks Team Lord, could’ve have done it without you.” The evac shuttle then blasts off towards the UNSC Warlord.

“Alright, shuttle number two. Lets go.” Phoenix took point.

“Sarge, it looks like we have banshee’s incoming towards shuttle two.” Dumby noticed.

“Alright, looks like there’s two of them.” Sarge stopped and noticed. “Everyone, behind cover! They’re coming towards us!” Everyone ran and hid behind rock formations and debris. “Alright, Phoenix and Architect you know what to do.”

Architect was the first to go. He activated his jet pack and took off right behind the banshee gaining speed. Phoenix was next, he went for the second banshee. Architect finally boarded the banshee. He then removed his plasma grenade from his waist. He accidently let go, “Crap!” He yelled. He then removed his second plasma grenade from his waist. He activated it and slammed it into the right wing thruster. He bailed and flew towards shuttle two where everyone was already setting up a defensive action. Except Osiris, whom was still driving his way towards shuttle two.

Phoenix still wasn’t done taking out his banshee. He reached for the banshee and grabbed ahold of it. The banshee then rolled causing him to slide off. Just in time, he grabbed a hold of the banshees left wing. He struggled for his combat knife, which he finally grabbed ahold of. Phoenix cut a hole in the side of the banshee  revealing the circuits. His final act was ready. Phoenix grabbed his firebomb grenade and see it on the vehicles main circuit wire. Phoenix bailed as well and flew back to shuttle number two. His banshee lost control and swerved off and ran into an enemy phantom transporting three ghosts, which caused a huge explosion destroying the phantom and its vehicles.

“Evac shuttle number two is complete. Now to just get it the hell out of here.” Paladin informed. The enemy shade turret kept its fire. “Osiris, help please.”

“Sure thing.” Osiris shot down the bridge leading from one side of the pelican to the other causing all the shade turrets to fall and collapse.

“Alright, anti-air batteries are no longer in the area. You may proceed Evac Shuttle Number Two.” Sarge said while taking down an Elite minor.

“Thanks for the assist Team Lord. Glad you’re on your side.” The pilot said before blasting off towards the UNSC Warlord.

“Alright, last shuttle guys. Then we can head back up and get the hell away from this planet.” Sarge said. He then ran full speed towards the last shuttle, everyone following him and Osiris turning on the Scorpion’s boost to catch up.

“Glad you guys could make it! Get aboard now! Screw the civilians, Command wants this shuttle and everyone on it gone now!” The pilot said over the local network COM’s.

“May I ask why she issued  this order?” Sarge challenged.

“Because of that.” He pointed in front of the shuttle. Sarge noticed it too. A covenant Scarab.

“Don’t worry UNSC Warlord Team Lord. We got that Scarab for you.” Three Mac blasts then came straight out of the sky crippling the Scarab into nothing.

“Thanks for the assist UNSC Spirit of Fire. Couldn’t of done it without you.” Sarge told Captain Cutter.

“Okay, now we got the evac shuttle loaded. Lets get to the extraction zone out of the city. The Spartan’s should all be there waiting for us to evac.” Sarge said, while helping Osiris out of the Scorpion.

“Alright, lets do this.” Architect said then jet packed over and took out an enemy vampire in the area.

The first half of Team Lord made it in one piece. Except there was one problem. The Spartan’s weren’t there and the evac pelican arrived in ten minutes.

“Hey Sarge, would you look at that?” Fauz said.

“Huh?” Sarge looked up where Fauz motioned. There was two Covenant Corvettes and one Covenant Destroyer moving into position in one area.

“No. That can’t be. That’s where the Spartan’s are. Should we save them?” Doc said, really worried about the Spartan’s.

“We’ll be fine without them, just hold this position for now until they get here. Alright?” Sarge walked over and assured him. Except he noticed something when he went over to Doc to comfort him. Down towards the Spartan’s location in the Arcadia Outskirts, Sarge noticed something. There was an Elite with highly advanced armour and two energy swords just standing still in one location.

~End of Chapter 5~

Ready for Chapter Six?

Wanna sign up and become part of this amazing fan made story? Just go here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34457-sign-up-your-call/

What are all of your ideas and comments about this so far?

• Like 5