Bioshock Movie Seemingly Revived by Sony

According to recent reports, a Bioshock Movie may now be back in production after the cancellation debacle, having over 3 sites registered to the trademark by Sony Entertainment. 

The Bioshock Movie suffered a depressing downfall many months ago, when it's Director Gore Verbinski wished for the film to be rated R, but the studio fired back, and both sides clashed leading to Gore leaving the project and it becoming cancelled. Now it seems Sony may have taken the rights, according to Kotaku.com first, one article mentions three different sites being registered by Sony Entertainment themselves, bioshock-movie.com, bioshock-movie.net, and bio-shock.net. Though, knowing Sony, we might unfortunately only get the pre-promised PG-13 version of Bioshock The Movie. Concept arts were also revealed on Jim Martin's website many months back, showcasing what the R rated film would've looked like.

post-26953-0-13999200-1398470651.png

Does this news excite you, and will you take an interest in viewing the new Bioshock film even if it's only PG-13? Let me know below, thanks for the read!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

Well I've heard R-rated movies nowadays don't do so well compared to PG-13 since... well... their less freindly towards the "Community viewers as a whole" obviously. I'm not sure this is much of a problem though seeing the age people start watching (or playing) the "Questionable" material is dropping considerably. Halo isn't really questionable, but from what I can tell a chunk of the Halo Community is under-age. That's not a bad thing unless the under-age kids are horribly immature... like giving a 5 year old child the remote, and letting him play Dead Space lol.

Sorry for the digression, but hell I'd watch the movie if it was R-rated. You can tell the normal gore from the games won't be prominent with PG-13 (well maybe some of it will), but I guess I'd check it out if it was good, and true to the lore of the games.