343i 29th Weekly Community Poll

Welcome all to the 29th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

Last week I asked if you wanted Armor Abilities or Equipment, here are the results of that poll:

Equipment! Read the comment of the always thoughtful Dumb Marine below:

We should have equipment, With equipment, You always have it, You can toss it out and use it tactically. Old Halo 3 players had gotten confuzzled when Equipment were gone. Even though AA's are always with you, There are never random ones lying around you can switch out or toss out to save yourself in the heat of combat. Equipment was more efficient and protective of you, And there aren't many AA's that can just do that ever so simply. We had portable shields, grav lifts, radar jammers, power drains, and also the ability to blind our opponents. We don't have many AA's like that these days, Actually - We never did. Other than bubble shield of course, But it stopped you in place, Didn't toss it as a distraction or mobile protection. And what happens when it fades? Bye bye!

This week's poll we'll switch our focus away from the speculation of Halo's future, and take a moment to look into Halo's past. Here's this week's question!

What was your favorite gametype in Halo 3?

halo-3-ctf-e1280859355280.jpg

Leave your vote and the reasoning behind it below.

DEADLINE: 4/28/14 @ 6:00 AM EST

Thanks for taking time to partake in our weekly poll,

See y'all next week! :wave:

Have a question, comment, or suggestion pertaining to the poll? Message BZ1

• Like 2

Infection. The best version of it to exist, it was actually genuinely hard to win as a human with the maps forged for Bungie. Halo Reach did alright, since it was pretty even with both humans and infected, but the maps let it down. Halo 4 ruined it with Flood.
But since it's about Halo 3, absolutely Infection.

Infection. The best version of it to exist, it was actually genuinely hard to win as a human with the maps forged for Bungie. Halo Reach did alright, since it was pretty even with both humans and infected, but the maps let it down. Halo 4 ruined it with Flood.

But since it's about Halo 3, absolutely Infection.

In Halo 4 humans win like less then 10% of the time. Halo 4 Flood is hard as heck although Halo 3 infection had a sense of "holy ****" 

For me I would no doubt pick Social Big team for all the times I got to drive the elephant on sandtrap. 

MLG. I was all about it during the Halo 3 golden days

This.

MLG had the BEST and most competitive gametypes of ANY halo game (besides Halo 2). No radar, 4 shot BR, and you relying on instincts and working with your team to win the game. Since you didn't have radar, you used your teamates in other areas of the map to help you find the enemy and vice versa. The standard weapon spawns also made MLG special. Timing the rockets, or sniper was very important. Rockets used a drop spawn, which if picked up before they hit the ground could glitch the timer so the other team is unaware of the next spawn. MLG was all about timing and execution. If you played MLG CTF you know that when playing you become the most vulnerable when you are actually capturing the enemies flag. Knowing that, you had to plan how you would counter the enemy as they tried to attack you at the weak point. MLG King of the Hill was all about timing of the hill and preparing for the next hill spawn. The toughest thing was transitioning from one side of a map to another because the whole strategy changes. With all that said, and coming from a hardcore MLG player in Halo 3 (I had a team and nearly took a spot on a Semi-Pro team)... There is no doubt: MLG was the BEST Halo 3 gametype hands down.

Teamwork. Strategy. Timing. Adrenaline. Communication. Competitiveness. And a ton of fun!

• Like 1

Yes but it also that MLG gametype that spawned the whole " MLG is the only thing that matters" and "MLG is better than everyone" mentalities. Not saying the entire population had that feeling, but the number of legitimate MLG players who were not stuck up are the minority.

Yes but it also that MLG gametype that spawned the whole " MLG is the only thing that matters" and "MLG is better than everyone" mentalities. Not saying the entire population had that feeling, but the number of legitimate MLG players who were not stuck up are the minority.

I'm in the minority. :P