UNSC Warlord Chapter 2

Fishy

Have you checked out Chapter 1 yet? http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34472-unsc-warlord-chapter-1/?p=312375

~Chapter 2: A Heavy Loss~

“What's going on? Why didn't the Commander tell us what was happening?” Sarge was the first one to ask.

“To be honest, I don't even know what the hell is going on. Don't ask me. If you haven't noticed, I was trying to communicate with Command and tell them we were boarding the ship. I didn't get a reply back. It might be that either COM's are down, or the Communication room has been used for other purposes. We won't know for sure until we go and check.” Architect replied in anger.

During their conversation of what was going on, the pilot managed to land the longsword in the holding bay. Right as Architect opened the bay hatch, a fuel rod went off in the distance and landed right in the windshield of the longsword. “Everyone, run!” Paladin yelled as the pilot and longsword blew up causing a big explosion.

“Now that's what I call an explosion!” Osiris yelled. Who then ran over and regrouped with everyone else.

“Okay, here's the plan” Biggles started, “Jack and I will secure this area. Doc, Destroyer, and Dumby will run to the med bay and see if it's still in operation and if there's anyone there able to help us. Sarge, Paladin, Osiris, and Architect, you will all go to the Communications room and see what's up. Try and see why we aren't getting any network with anybody.”

They all agreed with the plan, except Destroyer asked “Wouldn't that also make it unable for any of us to communicate with each other?”

Biggles looked at him, “I'm afraid so. But go and do as we must. If we're going to get the hell away from this planet. Then now's the time to do so.”

Everyone exchanged glances then Biggles and Jack took off to wipe out all the covenant in the docking bay. Doc, Destroyer, and Dumby ran towards the hallways that led to the Med Bay; Sarge, Paladin, Osiris, and Architect all ran towards the hallway to the communications wing.

~Biggles and Jack of Harts~

“Jack! I get left side, you get right. Meet in the middle and return to center. Sound like a plan?” Biggles hollered at Jack across the room.

“Sounds good!” Jack replied. Then continued to take out all of the grunts and jackals on the right floor. He then snatched a covenant plasma rifle and used a dual wield combo with his assault rifle. He ran down the floor shooting every enemy on his left with the plasma rifle and every enemy on his right with his assault rifle Until he met with Biggles in the center.

“Alright, I'll stand back and take out all the jackals behind their shields with my BR while you take out all the shield-less jackals and the wandering grunts.” Biggles told Jack.

“Let's get this damn crap done already. We need to find the commander. We are supposed to be assigned somewhere else other than-” He then melees an approaching jackal, then continued, “holding a defensive position.”

“That may be, but without this zone secured all the returning ships won't give us any extra backup. Now let's just continue this and planned and go!” Biggles told Jack, with ignorance.

Jack ran down the ramp with just his assault rifle and took out all the grunts and gauntlet-less jackals, while Biggles took out all the jackals with gauntlets. After a while. They finally finished securing the area until a phantom started to approach. Jack and Biggles ran down their ramp and hid behind the wall columns waiting for the phantom to dock in the bay and take out all the infantry it carried. Then all of a sudden all the parts of the front end of the phantom flew into the landing bay. Then a voice cracked over the system speaker. “System defenses online, all system defenses have been returned to normal in all landing bays and outer hull.”

“Thank god, finally. Now lets go.” Jack said towards Biggles. They both then departed up the ramp to the control room and entered into the Atrium. Jack jumped out of the way of incoming bullets. “Wait, what the hell?” A pelican was in the room clearing out every single covenant that was in sight. From grunt to jackal to... Then a voice broke out.

“That's right, you come and get me you nasty scums!” The marine on the pelican's mounted rear turret yelled. “Oh, and Cajun. Do you mind covering my area really quick while I reload this darn turret?” The man turned around in the pelican and asked the pilot. Which at that moment the pelican turned around and took out the rest of the covenant. “Thank you!” the man yelled at Cajun. The pelican then landed back in its landing pad. Then Cajun and the man hopped out and stared at the mess they made.

“Who are they?” Cajun asked the man.

“I'm not sure, lets go check it out.” The man replied along with a hint of suspicion in his voice. They both ran towards Biggles and Jack who held their location firmly until the two soldiers ran up to them.

“Who are you guys?”

Biggles was the first to respond. “I'm Biggles and this is Jack of Harts. We were evacuated from Harvest. We just landed here about 30 minutes ago via longsword. Which was then lost to a grunt wielding a fuel rod gun. That said, the room has been cleared and our objective is to clear out all the covenant on the ship and reach the control room.”

The man replied, “Nice, by the way, name's Phoenix. This is my buddy, the pilot, Cajun. We liked to have fun in these type of situations. Good news for you though, this was the last remaining room of the covenant. The decks clear man. COM's are down though, if you didn't know. They have engineers trying to fix it up right now. Anyways, follow us if you want to get to the control room. We know the fastest way. Commander should be there, if that's who you were looking for.”

The four of them all grouped together and walked the rest of the way to the control room. No covenant were spotted at all on their way there. Biggles, Jack, Cajun, and Phoenix all arrived safely to their destination.

~ Sarge, Paladin, Osiris, and Architect~

“You know, if we can reach the communications room, Sif and I will be able to restore all the ships COM's and restore the network. Possibly get the ship's dumb AI back online also.” Osiris mentioned to the squad.

“Yeah, if we can get there in one peace.” Architect muttered. The team then ducked under a jammed door and crawled through. A spark went off, making Paladin jump.

Laughing, “You almost went in your pants right there Paladin!” Osiris said. “But I myself shouldn't be making those kind of jokes, you don't know what could happen in this damaged hall.” The four of them then took turns jumping over broken obstacles they encountered every few minutes.

“Shh Shh Shh... Do you hear that noise?” Sarge asked, which then made them all four stop and listen. “Something's in the vent right above us.” They all looked up at the vent. Next thing you know, something falls through. They all jump out of its way.

“Skirmisher! Duck behind cover, now!” Architect screamed. Which resulted in everyone hiding behind the debris.

“Alright, Let's kill this damn thing if we're going to get away from this damn planet.” Paladin told everyone while taking the first shot with his pistol.

The skirmisher ran at an amazing speed dodging all the bullets. It ran and hid in the direction they came from. Osiris then immediately took out a trip mine and planted it in the only area the skirmisher could walk through.

“Run! Don't worry about the skirmisher. Just run!” Osiris yelled then took off running the rest of the way to the communications room.

“What the hell are you doing, Osiris?” Sarge screamed from behind trailing with the others.

An explosion went off shaking the area of the ship they were at. “Whew that was close, plus on the bright side I got to see another explosion, and on the other bright side we reached the communications room.” Osiris then removed his helmet and walked into the communications room with the other three.

“That was completely unacceptable what you just did back there!” Sarge yelled.

“Sarge, take it easy. All command thinks that happened was the covenant threw a grenade. Not only that, all communications networks are down as well. So it doesn't matter right now. Osiris, is already working on them right now. It'll probably only take him about fifteen minutes to do anyways. So let's just hold our position and see what happens.”

“He's right, you should just let it go. The worst thing that could happen is that it hit a pipeline and it exploded at the other side of the ship. No big deal. All the covenant should be gone by now. Seems like that skirmisher was the only one left trying to escape.” Architect said.

“Alright fine, but we're heading to the Control center as soon as he gets this COM's room repaired.” Sarge said, then nodded at Osiris who then got up and joined the other three. “Okay, this small COM's room should be fine. Now lets get to the Control center and have the Commander see if she'll require your assistance in the Communications and Network room.” They all departed their way down to the control room.

Their journey, like Biggles, Jack, Cajun, and Phoenix, went the same way. They encountered no covenant, except the few dead that managed to get aboard the Warlord. They then ended up in the control center waiting for the other two groups. Biggles group was the first to show up. There was no sign of Doc's group yet, so far.

~Doc, Destroyer, and Dumby~

“Oh my god, how much longer do we have to walk, Doc!” Destroyer complained, and smiled because he just noticed he rhymed.

“How the hell do I know, this is your ship! You should know where to go!” Doc screamed, trying to hold back his anger and the idiocy.

“Oh right.” Destroyer stated. He then complained to Dumby, “Dumb, how much longer do we have to go?”

Dumby stared at him with a blank face then hauled off and slapped him in the face making him fall towards the ground.

“Why was I paired up with a guy who doesn't know the ship and the other can't even talk! I wish he would just tell me why he couldn't talk, it would make way more sense to me!” Destroyer whined.

“My god, whatever.” Doc walked ahead, Destoyer ran up behind him to take the lead since he knew the way to the Med Bay as did Dumby. Just then something made a sound.

“Pssst...” -BOOM- A pipeline went off from the other side of the ship exploding in Dumby's face throwing him against the wall.

“Dumby!” Doc and Destroyer yelled.

“Come on, get up! Get up!” Destroyer tugged on him.

“We have to get him to the med bay. He looks like he's done. Nonetheless, getting him to med bay will at least get him a chance to be prepped for a memorial service. May he be remembered as a great soldier.” Doc said, then ripped his dog tags off and carried them. Doc and Destroyer then carried him into the med bay, which was just a few ways down the hall.

When they arrived at the med bay they sat Dumby down on one of the beds. Doc took Dumby's dog tag and enclosed them in Dumby's hands. “May you be remembered my friend.”

Destroyer and Doc looked at each other. “Lets get to the control room. We're needed there.” Doc said.

Destroyer nodded and then added, “It's only two doors down that way. Let's go.” They ran into the control room to regroup with their team.

“There you are.” The Commander said. “Glad you all have made it. Now then, Communications are online. We are initiating protocol. All units not on board, are stuck here forever. We're heading closer to the Inner Colonies. Somewhere nearby a planet known as Reach.” The UNSC Warlord then went over and got on the control console. She punched in the codes closing all bay doors and all the windows.

“Alright you guys. Lets get ready for Reach.” Sarge said. Just as Osiris walked back into the room to be seated with his team.

The Commander smiled, “You guys will be known as: Team Lord. I'd like to introduce you your new member as well. Thought you could use another Spartan.” A tall Spartan-II walked into the room. He was wearing the Mark V MJOLNIR armour with a Sage colour to it.

“Names Alex. I will serve as your second in command. Right next to Sarge.” He sat down next to Sarge. “Don't worry, I will do whatever it takes that you all live and the mission is finished. Sounds impossible, but I believe in myself and it has never failed me before.”

“Sarge? You are also being promoted to lieutenant. Glad to have you on our side as well.” The Commander said as she ripped off his rank insignia and replaced it with the lieutenant rank insignia.

“Hey, quick question.” Sarge just realized something.

“Yes?” Team Lord responded.

“Where's Dumby?” Sarge questioned, more directed towards Doc and Destroyer.

“Well you see...” They both started out.

“Yes?” Sarge said, getting a little impatient.

“He's dead.” Doc finished.

“He's what?” Sarge yelled, trying not to break down in front of them.

~End of Chapter 2~

Wanna sign up and be part of this amazing story? Just go here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34457-sign-up-your-call/

Hey everyone, Chapter 3 is out.http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34498-unsc-warlord-chapter-3/

So, what do you think is going to happen next? What do you think of the story so far? Just comment below and let me know!

• Like 8

Well, I'm not on chapter 1 or 2. Maybe Chapter 3! I should be the one who comes out of forest or something while driving a worthhog with my guns to save the people. xD Oh, Did i mention that my character " Bek " Her helmet has a single crack on the glass. but still a hero. xD Just giving out a idea for any chapter! :) And love the stories!

I was thinking about this chapter and you have said you are open to criticism / improvements so here is some criticism

1 I don't think Dumbeys death was sad enough really he got blown up a few words was said and that was about it like it was nothing. :)

But that is just me but apart from that I liked it.

To clarify this for everyone, Doc didn't really know Dumby that well. He was also in charge of their mission to get to the med bay and make sure everything was clear on the way there. Otherwise his death would've had more drama.

Dumby doesn't die without a fight, Either that or his lungs gave out. I shall plan a way to revive him, You see, This story is going to take a Halo 3 ODST turn here and there and make Dumby a hero-

You know what? Let's just see what happens next. I'm really enjoying the story though, And all though Dumby died (Which was my don gone character), He was still the best of the best. Screw Buck, It's Dumby's time to shine :thumbsup: