Bring halo (5) back to the Competitive scene!!!!

Toshyxx

Since halo reach halo has been on the downfall in the competitive scene, Halo was the birth of everything that started online game play. If 343 wants to be respected they need to bring halo back to MLG. Bottom line. We need dedicated servers for online play, All playlists. We need battle rifle start no assault riffle, We need less OP weapons, We need a level playing field, Mirrored maps for less spawning uphill advantage, No armor abilities, And no sprinting. If 343 just builds the Halo 5 game around halo 2 and halo 3 (more so H2) then 343 will have a mass multiplier game that will dominate MLG and every Xbox one connected to XBL. 

Halo started all this on XBL, Dont let it die 343

• Like 2

Since halo reach halo has been on the downfall in the competitive scene, Halo was the birth of everything that started online game play. If 343 wants to be respected they need to bring halo back to MLG. Bottom line. We need dedicated servers for online play, All playlists. We need battle rifle start no assault riffle, We need less OP weapons, We need a level playing field, Mirrored maps for less spawning uphill advantage, No armor abilities, And no sprinting. If 343 just builds the Halo 5 game around halo 2 and halo 3 (more so H2) then 343 will have a mass multiplier game that will dominate MLG and every Xbox one connected to XBL. 

Halo started all this on XBL, Dont let it die 343

We aren't the real forum, we are the community forum.

Also, 343I can't just bring a gameback to MLG, MLG need to know its popular and accept it or it will lose money, like it was with every halo pretty much.

going back to the beginning and roots will help to an extent, but it also needs its own ideas, basing it around 2 games will be a short term, not long term idea.

Anything made by 343 needs to be made up of competitive gameplay. The pros made the game and had the popularity. Everyone knew who they were everyone wanted to be them. If they focus on the old style halo i promise the rebirth. The type of halo that is active now is garbage. Armor abilities sprinting loadouts... Come on i want to play halo 4 shots. Not a disfigured after birth of a COD and Halo mix baby. We all want halo. If 343 cant bring halo back then they need to sell it to a gaming company that can take on that challenge. If u and anyone alike support 343 u r not a halo gamer. Ur a sad excuse of a wanna be COD player. I loved playing comps i loved the rush. This is not halo. Its trash and needs to be treated as such.

• 1 month later...

Dedicated servers are being implemented but never were back in the day. I fail to see how this is "Going back to the old days"

Anyway... Some people might not like MLG. If you looked at the population in the MLG playlists you'd see that they are almost empty. MLG players are a minority and although they need to be taken care of they cannot expect a full treatment the rest of the more casual community gets.

If u and anyone alike support 343 u r not a halo gamer.

I'm pretty sure anyone who plays a game with "HALO" on the cover is a Halo Gamer. I like and I support 343i and I've liked what they did in Halo 4. So what, am a not a Halo Gamer for that? Even though I played every single one before it? Yes, there were certainly problems but they worked through it. I don't know where people get their "Halo Gamer" definitions from, but yours is a little far fetched my friend.

Once again I find a need to say this...

Competitive is an over used and improperly used term when it comes to gaming. Every match you play is a competitive match as you are playing to win. What you choose to bring to that match determines how competitively you decide to play for that individual occurrence.

Seriously people MLG is not the be-all-end-all of competitive gaming. Heck it is barely a fraction of it. The "pros" (I hate calling them that because I don't view gaming as a sport) did not make up the entirety of Halo. If that's how you view it then fine, but it is an extremely limited and very sad view point to be honest. Also don't claim to know how others felt about those so called "pros". I sure as heck didn't want to be like them and never will want to be like them. MLG can rot in the gutter for all I care.

What you seem to desire is "fair competition" which has never existed in the first place. Sure everybody can start with the same weapons and stats but the playing field is never fair. Some people perform better on certain maps, some might be having a bad day. The game can not filter the human factor which is randomized second by second. Sorry but you will never have fair competition unless 343i completely removes the human element from the game. Then it is just hardware vs. hardware and if they are equal then it will be nothing but draws the entire time.

That being said, if you wish to have a classic playlist I have no qualms about that. There is nothing wrong with playing the game with out any of its features (though I don't really see the point in it). You wish to limit yourself to 4 weapons and a specific play style, go for it. Keep away from the other playlists then and be stuck in the past while Halo moves forward.

Next time you post I have a suggestion for you. Don't insult the people who make the Halo games. Be grateful they are making them and continuing to make them for your enjoyment. Also don't insult the people who enjoyed the game even in the slightest. Your definition of a Halo game is not the be-all-end-all definition for every player in the world. You don't have to like the game, nobody has to like it, but to say that it isn't Halo is absurdity in its highest form. Calling people who play it trash only speaks of arrogance on a massive scale. Honestly it makes any post you create less desirable to read, much less reply to in a reasonable manor. You treat people like crap, you get treated like crap in return.

Oh and if you want 343i to read stuff like this (I doubt they will pay much attention to the ranting you do) then post it on waypoint.com as that is their official website.

Once again I find a need to say this...

Competitive is an over used and improperly used term when it comes to gaming. Every match you play is a competitive match as you are playing to win. What you choose to bring to that match determines how competitively you decide to play for that individual occurrence.

When a person says "bring back competitive Halo", they are talking specifically about having a game which allows for a higher skill-gap, and for a game which gives players equal tools and opportunities to win the game, without enforcing random factors upon players.

You're talking about "competitve" in the sense of someone's approach to playing a game. Two different things.

Seriously people MLG is not the be-all-end-all of competitive gaming. Heck it is barely a fraction of it. The "pros" (I hate calling them that because I don't view gaming as a sport)

'Pro' is a shortened version of 'professional', and sport is not the only way in which people can earn money.

... did not make up the entirety of Halo. If that's how you view it then fine, but it is an extremely limited and very sad view point to be honest.

One does not have to be a 'pro' in order to enjoy a game which is built on competitive foundations. Halos 1, 2 and 3 are perfect examples of this. OP is asking that Halo goes back to its competitive roots, which is different than asking for a game which casual players can't enjoy.

Also don't claim to know how others felt about those so called "pros". I sure as heck didn't want to be like them and never will want to be like them. MLG can rot in the gutter for all I care.

Why do you feel this way?

What you seem to desire is "fair competition" which has never existed in the first place. Sure everybody can start with the same weapons and stats but the playing field is never fair. Some people perform better on certain maps, some might be having a bad day. The game can not filter the human factor which is randomized second by second.

The human factor is not part of the game itself. The game should be set up so that only human factors make the difference.

Some perform better on certain maps? Well that's the whole point. The individual human input is what makes the difference. When two teams go against each other on any particular map, they both know exactly what they're up against in terms of the game itself. It's not random.

If one particular team (or player) happens not to be good on that particular map, then that's part of what should make the difference. It shouldn't come down to a random factor which the players themselves couldn't possibly predict or control.

Sorry but you will never have fair competition unless 343i completely removes the human element from the game. Then it is just hardware vs. hardware and if they are equal then it will be nothing but draws the entire time.

Strawman argument. When did the OP state that the human element should be non-random? Direct quotes will be appreciated.

That being said, if you wish to have a classic playlist I have no qualms about that. There is nothing wrong with playing the game with out any of its features (though I don't really see the point in it). You wish to limit yourself to 4 weapons and a specific play style, go for it. Keep away from the other playlists then and be stuck in the past while Halo moves forward.

This is just unneeded and doesn't help anything, least of all your argument.

To tell people that they're stuck in the past is to imply that whatever they prefer is only preferred because it was in the past, as opposed to because they have particular reasons pertaining to the changes themselves. This particular argument is called 'appeal to novelty'. It's an argument in which one implies that when something is new, therefore it is better; or when something is older, therefore it is worse.

If people dislike new features, then either agree to diagree, or discuss with them their reasons and debate with them your reasons for disagreeing. Don't simply assume that the person is 'stuck in the past' when you have insufficient evidence to support such an assertion.