Halo 4 Random Trivia!

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Did you know at some point in Halo 4s development there was a amour ability that let you teleport ? :)

EDIT: Forgot is was Halo 4 Trivia... But this is still very interesting. I will make up with an actual Halo fact.

There was supposed to be a Teleport armour ability. When some hackers got into the code they were able to place this ability in forge. But when they tried to use it it would result in death because of the rapid movement (Collision kill). It is rumoured that this was why 343i didn't develop this further but the main reason was that the ability would be OP.

Probably a good idea to check through the thread, This way it isn't looked upon as a "spam" post. No offense of course, Just helping out.

Here are some facts about one of my favorite Halo 4 weapons, the Splaser!

The Spartan Laser takes 2.5 seconds to charge, has a maximum capacity of 4 (unless you have the Ammo perk, then it's 6) and is one of the most powerful weapons in the game having the ability to destroy every vehicle with one direct hit, with the exception of the Scorpion and the Wraith. (Note: The Mantis is only destroyed in one hit if its shields are down)

The Splaser in Halo 4 also has a sticker on the front and on its sides that reads, "Big, Scary Laser. Do not look into beam with remaining eye."

funny-halo-motivator-spartan-laser.jpg 

• Like 1

Did you know that whenever you're inside a Regeneration Field, your shields will always charge at the standard rate? This means that if you're using the Shielding tactical package, your shields will actually take slightly longer to regenerate than if you were standing outside of it!

• Like 3

Did you know.... ?

MS rushed Halo 4 out the door and so many things were cut or not balanced or finished ? :)

It's just like Halo 2 all over again in that regard ;)

Did you know that although very difficult and often requiring multiple players, it's possible perform Assassinations on Watchers? 

Not sure if anyone said this yet, nor if the elites shed teeth for new ones over time. (like some sharks) in the kilo-5 trilogy spartan Naomi knocks a couple of Jul mdama's teeth down his throat. Teeth that the halo 4 jul has =p

Did you know that in 2008 when 343 Industries was still forming itself, Microsoft hired Starlight Runner Entertainment to help compile a "Halo Bible?" Every aspect of the Halo universe was to be examined, cleaned up, and made coherent for better understanding. This "Halo Bible" would prove to be very important in the development of Halo 4, and the games that would follow it.

Did you know that Halo 4 had a second Forerunner grenade (fourth selectable), but was cut, but still has effect tags remaining?

Did you know that Promethian Vision, was supposed to be in Halo 2 in the form of X-Ray vision, but was cut. The strings for the pickup are still coded in the game but lack actual assets to use it.

Did you know Halo 4 came out on November 6th, 2012.

I didn't know either.

According to writing on the weapon, the Spartan Lasers actual name is 'Big Scary Laser'. There is also a warning on it cautioning you to not look into the beam with your remaining eye.

Edit: My trivia was totally stolen from me.

How about this one. In the river the Mammoth passes that is next to a waterfall a double rainbow can be seen.

Edited by WonderWombat

Diiidddd you knoow... Jul would look way more badass with missing teeth? :). Lol the second i read the part where spartan naomi starts whoopin his ass i put the book down and fired up spartan ops. I wish we would have gotten some Gek back story, he was a pretty formidable "gator"

• 5 weeks later...

Did you know that all the way through the Halo series there are many easter eggs referring to a missing man named 'Jason Jones'. And there are a lot of missing poster easter eggs in the Halo series in general. Anyway, back to Jason Jones here are a few of the easter eggs he has been in:

Missing Man Poster: post-29848-0-04042200-1403303793.png

Half Naked Guy easter egg: post-29848-0-63126800-1403303893_thumb.jpg

The missing man poster refers to Jason Jones going missing in the Covenant invasion of 2552. In the last level of Halo 3, you can find a very secluded and hard to get to easter egg known as the 'Half Naked Guy' easter egg. The half naked guy in the easter egg is Jason Jones :D.

After doing even more research the funniest thing about this is that Jason Jones is actually one of the co-founders of Bungie :D!

Did you know that in Halo 4 all the weapons have clips in reloading? You can see this really clear while using the Rail gun, the clip while reloading has a round in it.  

In Halo reach a double beatdown has an alternative animation, this is clearly seen while killing an elite instead of the standard melee animation, your spartan hits the elite in its stomach (when using an AR)

Halo CE had a different lore to begin with than the lore we all know and love while adjusted in the other Halo's it was said the Masterchief was the last of his kind and actually a Cyborg. While in the release they changed this, it is still the lore on the blister packages of the action figures. 

In Halo reach most weapons do not fire bullets from the right perspective, to compensate for the hitboxes and animations, most weapons fire bullets in third person, somewhat upward and away from the gun.

Also the lore around the flood is inconsistent all over the games, it is said they can only take over living creatures, while in Halo 3 it is shown they also take over dead bodies. The reason of this is likely for gameplay reasons. There is a witness stating that by playing dead the flood ignored him completely.

Most weapons have different versions. Like the assault rifle in Halo CE has 60 bullets, while only 32 in halo 3 to 4. The change was made for the improving of gameplay. Bungie used the lore to explain this.  For instance the AR in Reach has a completely different look as if its unplated. The reason for this is that it's a prototype weapon. 

On the cover of Halo CE the chief is holding a fuel rod cannon, but this weapon is only accesible in Multiplayer.

The maps Ragnarok and Valhalla are actually reïmaginings of the map Bloodgulch.

The Masterchief was not the only spartan left during the covenant war, but as most of the marines considered him a legend, they used this ruse to increase morale, during the battle of New Mombasa in Halo 2, there are other spartans fighting. You can see in Halo 3 that the marines respond to him in awe as he walks out of the pelican.

Miranda Keyes her mother is Doctor Catherine Halsey. 

There is a soundlog in Halo 4 after the forward unto dawn crashed, which stated that since Cortana was created with organic material, she would likely not have rampancy, because the rules of normal AI did not apply to her.

Since Cortana was created with Halsey's DNA she shares a lot of similarity with Halsey and the two of them did not see eye to eye on most ocassions. 

Both Spartans Cortana picked out, Noble Six and John-117, are the only two spartans to ever recieve the classification of extremely lethal.

Every Halo (besides wars) has the protagonist falling out of orbit

Halo CE with the escape pod.

Halo 2 with Chief returning the Covenants present.

Halo 3 in the beginning.

Halo Reach with Jorge dropping Noble Six

Halo 4 with Chief plummeting towards requiem

Halo ODST when you drop.

The funny thing is spartan armors are not designed to handle that kind of drop. In the games with the Masterchief this is considered to have to do with his "luck". In Halo Reach, Noble Six was wearing a pack with some emergency supplies.

The Didact and the Librarian were part of the Halo lore since Halo 3, their story is told in the terminals scattered around the game.

The reason that all Forerunner weapons disolve their victim and most of their "machines" disolve, has to do with the flood. No living tissues means no host and no machinery means nothing to operate. While there are a only forerunner AI in (promethean knights etc.) remember that during the war with the flood, a lot of Forerunners got infected as well, allowing the flood to operate forerunner tech. The reason the Prometheans disolve is has to do with relocating their AI, but also to render them not being able to be directly used if the Didact gets infected.

• Like 2

^ ?

How is that not serious ? that is a fact about Halo 4 : The mantis was the only new vehicle added.

It is pretty tough for me to think new facts....

Halo 4 was the first Halo game to have more than three map packs... :)

It had four.

Crimson Majestic Castle and the bonus one : The champions bundle :

Did you know...

343 class Halo 4 as a reboot and not as a sequel to Halo 3 ? :)

I'm... pretty sure that's completely wrong, considering that it takes place in the same setting and continuity of the older Halo games, directly after Halo 3.

Did you know that the Boltshot, when using its charged secondary fire mode, is the only weapon in the game to feature no aim assist while its crosshair is red?

Halo 4 was the first Halo game to have more than three map packs...  :)

It had four.

Crimson Majestic Castle and the bonus one : The champions bundle :

Actually, Halo 3 had four map packs, five if you count the free standalone Cold Storage map as a whole map pack: Heroic, Legendary, Cold Storage Standalone, Mythic, and Mythic II.

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure Halo 2 also had four map packs: Killtacular, Maptacular, and Blastacular, plus one whose name I can't remember. So... I guess you're saying that Halo 4 had more DLC than Reach?

Edited by RedStarRocket91
  • Like 1