The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles return to the movies!

Coldfreeze

Good day to everyone,

Just now the upcoming TMNT movie got its first trailer.

wxabzytct1yf5xtaso0x.gif

The movie  is being produced by Micheal Bay. (Transformers, Bad boys, Explosions the movie)

Kotaku brought us the the news.

Check it out here! http://kotaku.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-look-like-this-now-1552838028

I can see this movie turn out as an okay action movie, but a really bad TMNT movie. (Remember what Micheal did to Transformers?)

The action figure line produced gives us a better view.

jclhhgxiwbrkrkcajjvc.jpg

The origin of the turtles has also been changed, making them experiments. rather than accidents.

The end of trailer did make me chuckle and our adolescent oriental combating genetically altered amfibians are quite different to what we knew as children, but they seem to go for the old style ninja turtles, with lollygagging and some brotherly love.

Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

Bai Bai and have an ice day

Coldfreeze

All credit to kotaku.

I loved Bay's Transformers, so I got my hopes up for this.

If not anything else, you can at least tell from this trailer that the turtles retain their original character.

Bay's transformers could have been a lot better. The only thing it took from the source material were the autobots and decepticons. Optimus prime would never kill Megatron in the way it happend in dark of the moon. After all Megatron helped him and knowing Optimus, he would have given Megatron a chance to redeem himself.

Also Megan Fox can't act and somehow he still forced her into the movie.

It could become a fun movie, but it would not be a good TMNT movie.

Bay's transformers could have been a lot better. The only thing it took from the source material were the autobots and decepticons. Optimus prime would never kill Megatron in the way it happend in dark of the moon. After all Megatron helped him and knowing Optimus, he would have given Megatron a chance to redeem himself.

Also Megan Fox can't act and somehow he still forced her into the movie.

It could become a fun movie, but it would not be a good TMNT movie.

Not all versions of Optimus would have. For one thing, Megatron was quite clearly lying through his teeth, even pointing his gun in Optimus' direction, as if preparing to shoot him the instant he accepted.

And Transformers Prime Optimus had repeatedly attempted to kill Megatron (even when Megatron asked him something along the lines of "Are you going to kill me while I am defenseless?) since the Season 1 finale, with Megatron getting deus ex machina'd out of his death. Movie Optimus also is the type to kill Megatron. 

Fall of Cybertron Optimus, due to his having a closer friendship with Megatron before the war started than in most stories, repeatedly gave Megatron chances to redeem himself, all of which he rejected. At the end of the game he was just as intent on killing Megatron as Movie Optimus and post-Season 1 Transformers Prime Optimus.

Also, the movies are not a live-action adaptation of the original, they are a version on their own as different from G1 as the other cartoons are. Of course the story is not taken from the source material.

Not all versions of Optimus would have. For one thing, Megatron was quite clearly lying through his teeth, even pointing his gun in Optimus' direction, as if preparing to shoot him the instant he accepted.

And Transformers Prime Optimus had repeatedly attempted to kill Megatron (even when Megatron asked him something along the lines of "Are you going to kill me while I am defenseless?) since the Season 1 finale, with Megatron getting deus ex machina'd out of his death. Movie Optimus also is the type to kill Megatron. 

Fall of Cybertron Optimus, due to his having a closer friendship with Megatron before the war started than in most stories, repeatedly gave Megatron chances to redeem himself, all of which he rejected. At the end of the game he was just as intent on killing Megatron as Movie Optimus and post-Season 1 Transformers Prime Optimus.

Also, the movies are not a live-action adaptation of the original, they are a version on their own as different from G1 as the other cartoons are. Of course the story is not taken from the source material.

Transformers prime was a fun series, I loved Peter Cullen reprising his role as Optimus.

The fun thing is, that Fall and war of cybertron are conisdered canon to the Transformers universe, while the movies are considered non canon at all. They are nicknamed Bayformers for a reason.

The problem I have with the movies, is that it just isn't transformers, It's giant robots beatign the crap out of eachother with shia lebouf, trying to fit in and making attempts to care for him.

the first movie was not bad, the second got a little : Okay I have seen this before, the third one was just bad.

Ironhide gets killed and no-one cares. NO ONE

The plot of the three movies are all the same: Autobots are at peace, decepticon return, find power source, autobots destroy power source and win. 

With the third movie adding a plot twist of the power source being stolen by one of the primes and then gettign destroyed by the autobots.

Returning Optimus as a flat bed is a better choice, but sadly the new movie changes him back to the long 18 wheeler truck with flames, quite fast.

Luckily they dumped shia and put mark whalberg in.

let's hope that the TMNT movie just doesn't stray too far from the source material.

As a final note:

G1 optimus offered Megatron multiple chances.

G2 optimus gave Megatron multiple chances.

Armada Optimus gave Megatron multiple chances.

Energon as well.

animated too.

And even in Prime he still doubts to kill Megatron in the end.

Optimus offers every sentient being a chance for redemption.

To let him destroy Megatron so incredibly brutal, destroys everything Optimus ever stood for.

Actually, I don't think you understand how Transformers works.

Every single version of it is its OWN canon.

TF: Prime, the only time post-season 2 where he doubted to kill Megatron was in that Predacons Rising special, in which Megatron was out of character for changing his ways, and Optimus was out of character for believing that he changed his ways. (If it wasn't so clear that the writers intended him to change his ways, I doubt anyone would believe him)

The movies are also their own canon.

Hasbro claims that FOC is a prequel to Prime, but the amount of contradictions is too great for anyone to believe that. FOC also has nothing to do with G1. There are various points of evidence to that fact, perhaps none so obvious as the Dinobots.

G2 and G1 were basically the same show, G2 was just a rehash.

Animated Optimus was the most different incarnation of Optimus from the usual. Armada and Energon, yeah, that Optimus gave him many chances.

But I still stand by my point:

Movie Optimus started out willing to give chances more than even FOC Optimus (if you read Foundation), but then realized that with the Decepticons' level of depravity, that was suicide or worse.

TF Prime Optimus was willing to give chances to basically everyone but Megatron. As I said, he attempted to kill Megatron without hesitation basically every time he got the chance after Season 1.

FOC Optimus was willing to give chances only to Megatron, due to their previous friendship, but slaughtered hordes of other Decepticons without a second thought, even unwaveringly declaring in a loud voice "Unfortunate but necessary!" during gameplay. And at the end he had every intention to kill Megatron, but (depending on who the player picked) he either got stopped from doing so by the space bridge collapse, or was beaten by Megatron.

Incidentally, those are my favorite three versions of Transformers (I can't decide if I like the movies or FOC more, Prime is third place)

Actually, I don't think you understand how Transformers works......

Actually I do. 

Not as much as my brother though.

He has around 80 transformers, including an original G1 optimus, Metroplex (standing aroudn 60 cm tall)

He knows every single fact about Transformers.

I have no idea what to think other than either

1. This looks cool

2. This is utterly retarded and I am not 5 years old

edit/ ohey its megan fox wonder if she'll become a love interest for a turtle 

(Also I thought MB didn't like her :/ )

Edited by JL: Static Impulse