343iCF Showcase week (Idea)

TDM

Hello everyone!! I know it has been awhile since I have started a topic, And here is what I have thought of just now.

So, as you know, I am the creator of Odd-Runner, A game type for Halo 4, That I thought would be ready last year, But I have added mods to it to add more fun and diversity to the game type. And with a trailer being made for it as well, I considered this...

There are TONS of members here, Family. And all of us have a very creative instinct; Whether it be stories, gaming, modding, making movies... Lots of things! And being it is our families big third today, I figured I'd bring this idea out.

So many people want to share their art, Their time and effort. And I know what your thinking, "But we already have a section for that, Right?"

Well... Yes, We do. But some people don't get the attention that their [insert type of art here] deserves. So, What if one week, Every year, We all have a small showcase, On one forum thread. But, The next year we'd see for example: "343iCommunity Forum Showcase week 2015". These threads will have bunch of members posting their creations on that one very important week, For the things they find most important.

I know it would probably considered clutter, But just imagine all the fun that can be proposed through this, And one rule to make sure everyone has appreciation - You must read or at least acknowledge what was made, And simply give your feed back, Don't be mean of course, But if you dislike a certain aspect, Just simply explain it without being so harsh...

That is just my idea for this amazing site, Leave what you think below.

See ya starside!! -TDM

• Like 3

I could think of a way we could change this a bit however to make it work. We could make it into a Showcase Thread that takes place over a week and each person puts in their artwork/anything they've done to contribute to the community.

For example:

First post might be Self Destruct might post a picture of the awesome artwork he does

Next post would be an episode of Bnus' Spartan Setup

The Third Post could be Odd Runner

4th post would be me presenting the Interview with the Stars Index with some examples

And so on and so forth

• Like 2

I could think of a way we could change this a bit however to make it work. We could make it into a Showcase Thread that takes place over a week and each person puts in their artwork/anything they've done to contribute to the community.

For example:

First post might be Self Destruct might post a picture of the awesome artwork he does

Next post would be an episode of Bnus' Spartan Setup

The Third Post could be Odd Runner

4th post would be me presenting the Interview with the Stars Index with some examples

And so on and so forth

Well, That IS infact a great idea, No doubt about it. See what happens when you let your thoughts Drizz a little further into the brain? Really makes some good compromization. :P

I support that idea all the way. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Limitations on art form?

Limitations... One main rule, And a good question!

If you are to make a video for something you are making, Try keeping it short, Like a teaser really for us to get a glimpse of what your trying to get at.

Also, Members can have their art in the spotlight, Yes. But, Depending on the creator and the crafts popularity will determine the amount of art to be made really known.

Ex: Bobby has 1,000 people who really like his art, Only 1 - It's amazingly popular among the forums.

While, Billy may only have 500 who like his, Which could allow 2.

And if Joe were to get at least 300 or less, That could allow 3.

Three would be the limit for an author, As it CAN NOT be completely used up by one person. We do not want to get too clustered here. So, There are the limitations.

Also, Try keeping it something that is appropriate, Just don't have it lined with swears galore at least. And yes, I know this covers more about just what is the rule and limit for art. Art type is mainly anything appropriate for the people to see. And as stated, A video must be short, Not two hours. :P

Hmmm.

I've seen a similar thing before; it was an event where a bunch of different people from the same general area in a forum came together in some kind of convention, being presented by two or three members acting as the "Host" - similar to the academy awards, or any similar award thingy - except, y'know, it isn't presenting an award but showcasing a product.

Whether you're expecting it to be the scale of something like that, or simply a post with a picture in it, I don't know, but either way a showcase would be a good idea.

• Like 2