Nintendo 2ds

Melody

Okay I love Nintendo, the games, the consoles, but the Nintendo 2ds really disappointed me. Yes, I know it's a more kid-friendly console. But still, I mean the thing doesn't even look good. I did not buy it, but I got the chance to play one at my cousins house. It's big, blocky, and doesn't even fold down like a normal DS or 3ds would. What do you guys think about this new 2ds? 

• Like 1

I've yet to play one. I'm satisfied with my 3DS so I doubt I'd ever purchase one, but it really doesn't look that bad to me. It makes for a great kid-friendly console and here's why I think so:

1. No 3D -Smaller kids have no use for 3D and are actually advised against using it.
  2. Doesn't fold -Smaller kids generally hold onto their devices with their hands anyways so there's no reason to make it more portable
  3. It's cheap. -The 3DS costs about USD $50 more than the 2DS. Smaller kids are going to break devices, so take the cheaper option and get them the device tailor-made for their gaming needs

Okay I love Nintendo, the games, the consoles, but the Nintendo 2ds really disappointed me. Yes, I know it's a more kid-friendly console. But still, I mean the thing doesn't even look good. I did not buy it, but I got the chance to play one at my cousins house. It's big, blocky, and doesn't even fold down like a normal DS or 3ds would. What do you guys think about this new 2ds? 

Long answer: It looks cheap. It is cheap.

Short answer: It's cheap.

Edited by Total Mayh3m

I am sorry but there is nothing I personally could say to answer your question, as the two gentlemen above me have already pointed out all the reasons that one would choose the 2DS.

Plus I love any handheld device, so there is nothing bad I could tell you about it... Besides, In my opinion, All Nintendo consoles are perfect, and I love everything about them!

^_^

Edited by The Stig

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was there not a way that presents could disable the 3D effect on the 3DS? Because if there was I would say that was lazy on the parents part to complain to Nintendo about making a 2D model when the parents could have not only saved time, but also money disabling 3D for their child(ren)