Titanfall Expectations "Fred"

Fox McCloud

Titanfall... Only a short time away. Yet with the beta out in public for the last several weeks, we get an insider look at what may become the next hit series in gaming. Gameplay appearing and mentioned as CoD-like in mechanics, with the addition of "Titans", mechs if you will, utilized by players when earned to combat the opposing team's artillery and tactics. As of late, many, many people praise the title, seeing at as a revolutionary game, and a tad different than what we are used to, especially those who anticipate it to kill the Call of Duty franchise in its rise through the ranks of numerous other names in gaming... Though it is highly unlikely. Few bugs may exist in game, but aside from that, the controls and gameplay is flawless, very enjoyable as I hear people dub it as "the most fun they've had in a long time".  

Titanfall 2 may come to the PS4 console. PS3 will never see the time of day. Sony attempted to claim right to the Titanfall series but failed. Titanfall is a Microsoft exclusive whereas they are trying to procure exclusive DLC for Xbox one. Sony has spoken up clarifying that there hardware has a significant advantage over the Xbox One system, as the game quality shows a performance gap between the would be Titanfall on the PS4 as compared to Xbox One. The performance gap rivals that of Call of Duty: Ghost on both consoles. Here is a source showing the performance gap between the consoles for CoD:Ghosts-   http://www.hardwarepal.com/cod-ghosts-runs-720p-xbox-one/  

It’s important to notice that this isn’t a hardware performance differentiation but more of a compatibility optimization.

While Titanfall will be adding monster dlc sometime soon we shouldn’t expect more titans. Apparently, balancing titan’s abilities proves to be a difficult task. If they care so much about balance I wonder what other aspect of the game have been given such loving care. For now all we get in the way of monster is some sort of huge brachiosaurus lingering in the background. I think I’ll name it ‘Fred’. Here is a recent link:  http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/titanfall-dev-talks-new-titans-narrative-and-monster-dlc

I think Titanfall will live up to expectations. It just remains to be seen how long it will hold it’s appeal. I want it to succeed. Because, I think it is such a unique game.

Credit: Delpen9, Sparky, Fox McCloud :D

post-47531-0-45081600-1394764272_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've been watching quite a bit of Titanfall gameplay as of late in anticipation for the 360 release, and I'm really excited about the game. I wouldn't call it the COD killer, but I believe it's definitely going to be joining the discussion of which one is the better game.

I'm curious as to how serious the franchise will be taken if no 'true campaign' is ever installed. I mean we always hear about COD being the same game, well TitanFall would follow that even more so without an evolving storyline campaign.

• Like 1

Titanfall... Only a short time away. Yet with the beta out in public for the last several weeks, we get an insider look at what may become the next hit series in gaming. Gameplay appearing and mentioned as CoD-like in mechanics, with the addition of "Titans", mechs if you will, utilized by players when earned to combat the opposing team's artillery and tactics. As of late, many, many people praise the title, seeing at as a revolutionary game, and a tad different than what we are used to, especially those who anticipate it to kill the Call of Duty franchise in its rise through the ranks of numerous other names in gaming... Though it is highly unlikely. Few bugs may exist in game, but aside from that, the controls and gameplay is flawless, very enjoyable as I hear people dub it as "the most fun they've had in a long time".  

Titanfall 2 may come to the PS4 console. PS3 will never see the time of day. Sony attempted to claim right to the Titanfall series but failed. Titanfall is a Microsoft exclusive whereas they are trying to procure exclusive DLC for Xbox one. Sony has spoken up clarifying that there hardware has a significant advantage over the Xbox One system, as the game quality shows a performance gap between the would be Titanfall on the PS4 as compared to Xbox One. The performance gap rivals that of Call of Duty: Ghost on both consoles. Here is a source showing the performance gap between the consoles for CoD:Ghosts-   http://www.hardwarepal.com/cod-ghosts-runs-720p-xbox-one/  

It’s important to notice that this isn’t a hardware performance differentiation but more of a compatibility optimization.

While Titanfall will be adding monster dlc sometime soon we shouldn’t expect more titans. Apparently, balancing titan’s abilities proves to be a difficult task. If they care so much about balance I wonder what other aspect of the game have been given such loving care. For now all we get in the way of monster is some sort of huge brachiosaurus lingering in the background. I think I’ll name it ‘Fred’. Here is a recent link:  http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/titanfall-dev-talks-new-titans-narrative-and-monster-dlc

I think Titanfall will live up to expectations. It just remains to be seen how long it will hold it’s appeal. I want it to succeed. Because, I think it is such a unique game.

Credit: Delpen9, Sparky, Fox McCloud :D

I hope it does because it seems like it could be alot of fun but some people are criticizing  it as call of duty with Mechs 

I hope it does because it seems like it could be alot of fun but some people are criticizing  it as call of duty with Mechs 

The best thing i read about this game is that it plays like Cod4:MW. that game was as smooth as butter- by far the best CoD in the last 7-8 years

a game should be loved for what it is not the graphics unless it's Crysis :drool:

lmao you know i still dont like that bout this generation of games is everyone is obessed with graphics instead of storyline game mechanics or other aspects that shud be focused on cause a game can have real life graphics but if the story sucks there is no point in playing it

lmao you know i still dont like that bout this generation of games is everyone is obessed with graphics instead of storyline game mechanics or other aspects that shud be focused on cause a game can have real life graphics but if the story sucks there is no point in playing it

Agreed Crysis is a mix as it has a pretty good story

Agreed Crysis is a mix as it has a pretty good story

Since titanfall has a shallow story i think this really doesnt apply. im never invested into a games story when playing multiplayer so that leaves game design and graphics. its been stated that itll play like MW1 but with mecs and parkour. the game doesnt have pristine graphics but did animefreak or i say that was a game breaker? no! its just a factor to consider.