Is halo 3 multiplayer going to be canceled?

Shun 'Kanamee

They keep it at least running untill 2016 or 2018. I mean if the 360 still has a larger consumer base thant the one, they won't shut it down to force people to switch to next gen.

It depends on numbers.

If people buy MCC and the Halo 3 population dwindles further, there's not much reason to keep it on.

It's not like Halo Wars, it's not a 1 of a kind title.

It depends on numbers.

If people buy MCC and the Halo 3 population dwindles further, there's not much reason to keep it on.

It's not like Halo Wars, it's not a 1 of a kind title.

Well it is a numbers game, even if the population of for instance Reach is still high, but if more people own and play on the Xbox one than on the 360, they will in all chance shut it down and focus the gained servers to supporting the xbox one platform. But it could take months if not years.

Well it is a numbers game, even if the population of for instance Reach is still high, but if more people own and play on the Xbox one than on the 360, they will in all chance shut it down and focus the gained servers to supporting the xbox one platform. But it could take months if not years.

The difference Is Halo Reach is not coming to Xbox one any time soon, so it is kind of silly to close that since there is no other way to play it, maybe if there is way of porting it to PC or XB1,  But Halo 3 is on the Xbox one now.

Why keep an xbox 360 server of Halo 3, which will have 500, when the Xbox one could have 50,000 at 1 time for MCC, not Simply Halo 3. It wouldn't surprise me at some later point the Halo 4 servers on Xbox 360 shut down, 2-3 years maybe.

The difference Is Halo Reach is not coming to Xbox one any time soon, so it is kind of silly to close that since there is no other way to play it, maybe if there is way of porting it to PC or XB1,  But Halo 3 is on the Xbox one now.

Why keep an xbox 360 server of Halo 3, which will have 500, when the Xbox one could have 50,000 at 1 time for MCC, not Simply Halo 3. It wouldn't surprise me at some later point the Halo 4 servers on Xbox 360 shut down, 2-3 years maybe.

Well the thing is, that I really don't think MS will consider Reach a good reason to hold open the servers, Halo 2 isn't on the 360, did that stop them from shutting down xbl original?

I don't even think that Halo is a reason for them to keep supporting it, Halo is just one game and in all honesty, I think MS wants to move as fast as they can away from the 360.

This has to do with business, not Halo.