New Game Suggestion

Perfect Dark

I have a suggestion for the next Halo game. This game should allow you to have as many weapons as you like. There should be no auto recharge meter. If you get hit, then your health goes down, unless you find a shield. They are all kinds of weapons, many of which has a second feature. Check it out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Dark.

No way man, the majority if not all of the Halo fans will find that to be a terrible idea, it takes out strategy. Having all the weapons you want really only worked in 007 Goldeneye and Perfect Dark because they were the ones that came out with the idea, that's what made their game unique and that's why people liked that game, Halo has made too many games to make adverse changes like that. And having no shield unless you find one changes up the technology with no explanation, it wouldn't work man, having a shield and worrying about your shield recharge meter is what made Halo stand out from the other FPS games, this idea will get shot down in all ways, shapes and forms.

Implementing this suggestion would turn Halo into a modern Perfect Dark clone and would completely abandon two core gameplay mechanics that have been utilized for the entirety of the series. If you want to replicate the lack of recharging shields, you can activate the Black Eye skull. Otherwise, I don't think this would be a good idea.

• Like 1

Implementing this suggestion would turn Halo into a modern Perfect Dark clone and would completely abandon two core gameplay mechanics that have been utilized for the entirety of the series. If you want to replicate the lack of recharging shields, you can activate the Black Eye skull. Otherwise, I don't think this would be a good idea.

I Agree with you! But I would have no problems with being able to tweak the game to have these settings in Custom Games on Halo 5! We should be able to recreate a entirely different game with the amount of options given to us in Halo 5. Similar to Halo Custom Edition.

<3

Never. Halo is unique in its own way, why would anyone think of taking the core of another game and adding it into Halo. That's like saying I like Need for Speed but I want it to play like Forza Motor Sport. Each game has its unique platform, nothing needs to be changed about it unless it's absolutely necessary. If you made specific points about that game that could work in Halo and why, then fair enough. But, posting the wiki page to Perfect Dark is the lazy way of expressing what you'd want in a new Halo game as there aren't any specific reason with explanation.

Taking away shield recharge would be an apocalyptic idea none-the-less.  Bringing every gun back would be unnecessary as well. We dont need a concussion rifle AND a brute shot, or a storm rifle AND a plasma rifle. Really, we dont even need the storm rifle at all, but that is different. With the way people care about the core design of matchmaking i think that jamming every gun into the game would be meaningless. If i want the brute shot to be in H5 but i have to also use a concussion rifle, i wouldnt be as happy as if the concussion rifle never existed, and all that time spent on gun design would surely take away from matchmaking. just my 2-cents

No way man, the majority if not all of the Halo fans will find that to be a terrible idea, it takes out strategy. Having all the weapons you want really only worked in 007 Goldeneye and Perfect Dark because they were the ones that came out with the idea, that's what made their game unique and that's why people liked that game, Halo has made too many games to make adverse changes like that. And having no shield unless you find one changes up the technology with no explanation, it wouldn't work man, having a shield and worrying about your shield recharge meter is what made Halo stand out from the other FPS games, this idea will get shot down in all ways, shapes and forms.

What are you talking about? You act as if GoldenEye and Perfect Dark were the first two FPS games where you could hold as many weapons as you want? You could do that since Wolfenstein 3D, but I guess since that only had three weapons anyway and it wasn't multiplayer, I guess Doom would be a better example. Nonetheless, having as many different weapons as you want doesn't really take out strategy. Sure having a game set up this way makes it so you don't have to choose between what weapons you should carry, but the more weapons you get, the harder it is to decide what weapon you should use for each situation. Quake 3 Arena and all of its alternate versions are great examples of this. Plus it keeps everything moving. In Halo you can grab a shotgun and feel okay with patrolling a single small area for a while because face it, it's not like there's anything else you can fit into your inventory aside from grenades. Meanwhile in games where you can arm yourself with as much as you want, your always encouraged to engage in map control because there's always something extra you can pick up to add to your arsenal.

It's not only great for the competitive experience but also for the thrill. You gradually become more powerful over time as you add more tools of destruction to your arsenal, essentially becoming a one man army at the end of your journey. It makes you feel like you're evolving as time goes on given that you can stay alive long enough. Also it makes things more chaotic and requires you to be prepared for anything, as the enemy may have a powerful weapon hidden up his sleeve. Adding to this, gunfire will always be going off and there'd never be a delay to the action. That's why I feel that reloads longer than 1.5 seconds hurts a game as it kills the pace too much.

Although I can understand why people feel this (alongside a classic armor system) would be too game changing. I wouldn't understand people's problems with alternate firing modes though. It'd make some weapons stand out more. Imagine a BR with a grenade launcher or a Flamethrower that could also shoot out fireballs. Why not an SMG with a laser sight you can turn on for extra accuracy but added recoil or less damage? This wouldn't drastically change the core of the game. Think about it: A BR WITH A FREAKIN GRENADE LAUNCHER! WHAT SENSIBLE PERSON WOULDN'T SEE THIS AS PURE AWESOME?!