343i 22nd Weekly Community Poll

Welcome all to the 22nd 343i Weekly Community Poll!

Last week there were a lot of good reasons as to why ODST's should fight beside you in Halo 5, and a lot of good reasons as to why you should have Spartans to fight alongside, but the majority wins, and here are the results:

ODST's! Best explained by what -Sparky- said in his post, here: 

ODSTs. Helljumpers always make the mission great, since they last longer than an actual marine and are well armed.... Not the Assault Rifle on a Mythic elite, that's not preparation. But if an old Spartan was shown... As Zebra here had hypothesized... Maybe an ally from the past to coop with, could definitely synergize immensely with both ideas, they just need to be executed correctly. 

This week's poll question is part of the gap that has been formed between the multiplayer in Halo 2 + 3 and  Halo: Reach + 4. It's a tough question to answer honestly, and I can't wait to see the opinions each of you present. Ok, here's this week's poll:

Should Dual Wielding be implemented into Halo 5?

halo2feature_dual1_1089334508.jpg

Be sure to leave your thoughts and vote below.

Voting Deadline: March 10, 6:00 AM EST

Thanks for participating and see ya next week! :wave:

Have a question, suggestion, or complaint pertaining to the poll? Message me.

ODSTs won?? Ugh.. 

As for dual wielding, yes I would like to see dual wielding back. We're Spartans for Twam's sake! We can hold two SMGs with ease! Dual wielding is not hard to balance, it's perfectly fine in Halo 3. I'd certainly like to see it in Halo 5 as long as it's done correctly.

• Like 1

Sarah Palmer dual wields, in Halo spartan assault there is dual wield.

It adds layer to gameplay and I loved kicking a** in Halo 3 with two magnums, it made for some really cool moments.

That Halo 4 didn't have it was a let down.

I hope they add it, but with some exceptions, no needlers, no boltshots. for the rest anything goes (magnums, smgs, plasma pistols.)

To be once again wreaking havoc with two magnums is my dream.

• Like 2

If it's balanced, yes. Duel-wielding could be overpowered if the game had very powerful handguns. Imagine dual-wielded Boltshots, that will not be fun. It was a great feature in Halo 3 and 2 though. Dual Magnums were the best thing ever. If a Spartan-II could do it, why not the Spartan-IV's? They can have fancy Armour Abilities, like Promethean Vision and Hardlight Shield, yet they can't hold two guns simultaneously? It should be optional; Some gametypes should have it and others shouldn't. It would be awesome to see it return. I love 343i, and I'd love them even more if they would bring this back. Get rid of the Boltshot, and give us back our dual-wieldable SMGs, Plasma Rifles, Spikers, etc. DO EET!

yes as long as its balanced since if they do it like they did in halo 3 then i will be all for duel wielding but if they want to make it like a futuristic cod with a halo paint over then no i dont want it to return but hopefully they wont make another cod like halo so i would say yes for duel wielding returning but ONLY if it is done right

I believe it should and that it will.

If there is going to be a Halo 2 Anniversary, then Dual wielding is a must as it was available in the original Halo 2. Then, if the Beta to Halo 5 goes through H2A, then one would assume  that it will use the same engine as H2A, thus enabling Dual wielding.

• Like 2

Yes, if its balanced, which it should be. I don't want to be in an unfair fight with someone dual wielding bolt shots or that sort. Suppressors would be a nice weapon as a dual wield option if they were nerfed a tad. You'd keep your magnum and plasma pistol and replace the SMG (not that I want it gone) with it, and it's nearly the same as halo 3.

#IncinerationCannonDualWield2014

Dual wielding... It needs to come back, We've all seen how makes a different effect on the battle field, And how it is also quite an interesting tactic. Though some found it annoying, It was a good feature which allowed you to feel like a spartan, You can simply hold two weapons at a time oppose to one. But one thing; If a spartan riding passenger on a mongoose can wield a spartan laser in one hand, Why can't we wield a spartan laser in two? We use the spartan laser since it technically doesn't need to be reloaded, It is just a cool down. But you can obviously see that spartans can hold huge weapons in one hand meaning they must have the strength to hold two at a given time. Even if it were a special ability, For example: If we have a tac package called "Juggernaut". That should increase our damage resistance and allow us to dual wield any two weapons. Overpowered, Yes. But the ability to be a spartan and actually feel like one is the key, To make it more interesting. I know I wrote a lot here, And got a bit off topic. But Dual wielding was amazing, And it definitely NEEDS to come back to us.

• Like 2

Yes, Yes and... YES. I really enjoyed the dual wielding option in Halo 2, and 3. I was sad when they removed it in Reach, but the cool armor abilities and items made up for it. If they implement this into Halo 5, that would be awesome!