Can't play solo with no internet?

HellRaiser81522

I downloaded the Spartan Opps to my hard drive, so why can't I play the missions solo when I'm not signed in or when the servers are down? I thought since it's on my hard drive I can play it solo, makes sense to me.

The only way to play Spartan Ops is to be online, and have a Gold subscription: even if your playing alone.

Its real stupid, but there is no way around it.

Yah its quite harsh, I'm sure they did it to score some more money for microsoft, they need to bring back firefight, and yah only being able to play spartan ops with internet and a gold connection really shoots people back to Combat evolved, due to not having firefight or anything else to play, hopefully they hear the voices of we the people and make the necessary adjustments.

• 1 month later...

I don't know. I don't know why 343i had the grand idea of making it Gold exclusive.

Sorry man, but your gonna need Gold to play it.

Because of Micro$oft...

As for the OP, when 343i first announced Halo 4 and Spartan Ops they announced it would be XBL Gold Exclusive. In other words, to be able to play it you need to have both internet access and an XBL Gold Account.

• Like 1

The main reason you cannot play Spartan Ops is a really dumb one, once I tell you. For some reason, 343 felt it was a good idea to have the cinematics for it, be streamed directly from the servers themselves.

So while the campaign has its cinematics rendered directly by the engi.e, SO depends hierarcally on the servers being reachable, aka Gold subscription.

If their was a way to remove the dependencies in the map or bull them out in the map file, it might be possible to play the maps offline.

Yeah, When I'm signed in on my offline account, this happens too, So, You need gold membership to play Spartan OPS on solo or with friends, but, still you'd have to download more chapters, when you're done with 1-5 or more. 

• 5 months later...

Its nothing like halo reach firefight to halo 4 Spartan ops. in halo reach firefight your ready to play. you don't need online or other. just you and your xbox profile and your good to go. also halo 4 Spartan ops you need a harddrive, connect to gold, and a xbox profile. then your ready to play. but if you don't have internet well I hate to say BS. because its not fun if you don't have internet to play halo 4 Spartan ops because halo 4 Spartan ops needs internet and gold to play. and because gold is needed to play online with friends and internet is almost the same thing as gold. but to internet. to get service with xbox live and gold is the permission to play on xbox live.