"Halo News" Coming E3 2014

This year's E3 looks to get better and better with anticipation building up around many titles, most importantly though the next Halo game.

Halo-News-E3_02-27-14.jpg

Phil Spencer replied to a fan on Twitter today, saying:

"Halo news will be coming at E3. 343i has a great plan in place, will be cool to share with everyone."

Now whether this Halo news is for a supposed Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 5 no one really knows. But recent reports from around the gaming world have been leaning heavily towards Halo 2 Anniversary:

With reports of Steve Downes confirming Halo 2's release then quickly retracting the comment and Waypoint tweeting a Halo 2 Master Chief figure that includes a card for "unlockable content." 

But there has still been no official word from Microsoft or 343 industries specifically confirming Halo 5 or Halo 2 Anniversary for 2014. We only know, "Halo news will be coming at E3."

What kind of plan does 343i have in place? Is this E3 news going to be about Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary, maybe even both? Leave your thoughts in the comments bleow.

SOURCE: IGN

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 8

I think Chief dropped the ball on this one and might've let us all know that it's gonna be Halo 2: Anniversary that's why Microsoft did so much damage control after. Or they could completely mislead us because of this and reveal a different project ie Halo 5 or whatever they're gonna call the next gen Halo game.

I believe it's probably going to be for both. I would love for a Halo 2 anniversary, , and as soon as it's confirmed... I'm immediately running 10 miles to the store, grabbing an Xbox One, and running home and watching the countdown.

I severly think this is Halo 2A and another Halo 5 teaser. Why? BECAUSE WHY WOULD 343 RELEASE A NEW HALO GAME WITH ONLY 7 MONTHS OF MARKETING. That is such a bad idea I don't want to even comment. If it was Halo 2A then they can get away with that timeframe. If not they're just doomed. 

Please be Halo 2 anniversary!

Me personally, I am not holding my breath for a Halo 2 remake. Why? Because working on a remake can hold back development of your next big release and it might be released unfinished, much like Halo 4 was. They need to work on Halo 5 as much as possible if they're to make it the great game they're promising.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about what will said and shown to us at E3. It's going to be awesome! Mostly looking forward to Halo 2 Anniversary, Destiny, hopefully Mirror's Edge 2 and Elder Scrolls. Of course other games too, but those have to be my top 4. If they do decide to bring Halo 3 back into the next gen world, I will go completely insane.

I think Chief dropped the ball on this one and might've let us all know that it's gonna be Halo 2: Anniversary that's why Microsoft did so much damage control after. Or they could completely mislead us because of this and reveal a different project ie Halo 5 or whatever they're gonna call the next gen Halo game.

Yep exactly. How can you say 'halo 5 is not coming this year, but what you can look forward to is an anniversary edition of Halo 2' by mistake, especially if you don't know if it's in the works? Steve Downes definitely seemed to have accidently confirm Halo 2 anniversary too early. 

Also as I've said on here before if the neogaf rumors were completely false microsoft would have denied them within 24 hours, as they have done with many past rumors including previous Halo 2 anniversary rumors. It's been what a month now? If Halo 2A is false it would have been put to bed long ago.

Okay I think this will be Halo 2 Annivery why ?

E3 is in summer time so a Halo 5 launch would most likely be November so really who would come out with Halo 5 with so little time to market bring out info , previews and stuff of that sort.

Edited by Caboose the Ace

I just hope it will be Halo 5 and if it's a Halo 2 anniversary edition I hope they cange the ending to something more continues.

the reason I think it will be Halo 5 and not H2A is that 343i announced in a bulletin that they moved development to the xbox one, even if a Halo 2 remake would be awesome, it shouldn't be the first step on a new platform, but I just hope they will not rush development on Halo 5.

I just hope it will be Halo 5 and if it's a Halo 2 anniversary edition I hope they cange the ending to something more continues.

the reason I think it will be Halo 5 and not H2A is that 343i announced in a bulletin that they moved development to the xbox one, even if a Halo 2 remake would be awesome, it shouldn't be the first step on a new platform, but I just hope they will not rush development on Halo 5.

Same here buddy I need halo 5 like right now but if it is  halo 2 then i guess i'm fine with that to, but i recently found some things, which maybe rumors and nothing more and probably are but it looks to me the halo 5 is coming this year in November which was also the original dates that they would release it at also i found out that they are having a upgraded Xbox 1 come out and with it halo 5. To me there are 3 possibility that could happen 1. halo 5 come out 2. halo 2 comes out 3. or they revieal the halo TV shows. In truth we have to what for more info.

I severly think this is Halo 2A and another Halo 5 teaser. Why? BECAUSE WHY WOULD 343 RELEASE A NEW HALO GAME WITH ONLY 7 MONTHS OF MARKETING. That is such a bad idea I don't want to even comment. If it was Halo 2A then they can get away with that timeframe. If not they're just doomed. 

Me personally, I am not holding my breath for a Halo 2 remake. Why? Because working on a remake can hold back development of your next big release and it might be released unfinished, much like Halo 4 was. They need to work on Halo 5 as much as possible if they're to make it the great game they're promising.

7 months, exactly! Remember, it's the lucky number! In all seriousness though, we don't know what 343i have in the works, let alone the progress they have made on said projects. All this judgement against Halo 5 is a litle too premature. Once the game is released, then judge away. At least with Halo 4, the fans judged by what they saw on the video footage of the gameplay, but now they're bashing it purely because 343i are making it. Is this really what the Halo fanbase has reduced to; Judging a game by it's company, even though said company has only made one game?

Certain Affinity? I thought they did the work.

Certain Affinity? I thought they did the work.

Oh yeah, good point. But there really isn't much reason for Halo 2 Anniversary. Halo CE Anniversary celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the series we know and love. Halo 2 Anniversary would celebrate the 10-year anniversary of... the sequel...