Halo 3 annivsery

Caboose The Ace

bxsouljah

But then could we not say the same for Halo CE ?

Halo CE is still playable while make Halo CEA ?

Because by them a younger generation of players will have come along wanting to experience the older games and so along come a Annivery edition, And also by the Halo 3 annivery, Halo 3  will have become obsolete mainly due part to no XBL 360 by then I would imagine. So I would guess at its Annivery many will want it by then. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

CEA was to mark the birth of the Halo franchise. Following it up with an Anniversary edition of every Halo, would be a round and round circle of wasted devwlopment time. Do we really need to bring new life into past Halo titles? And whats next? Every ten years remaster and re-release a previous Halo? Thanks but no thanks, I like my Halo experience unaltered and original. Not a development nightmare that rapes my Halo experience by ******** on it. CEA sucked and did nothing to help the franchise. The game was already playable, and had no Live multiplayer anyway outside PC.

All it did was showcase what was possible now compared to the former, and to mark a historic moment in the FPS genre.

CEA was to mark the birth of the Halo franchise. Following it up with an Anniversary edition of every Halo, would be a round and round circle of wasted devwlopment time. Do we really need to bring new life into past Halo titles? And whats next? Every ten years remaster and re-release a previous Halo? Thanks but no thanks, I like my Halo experience unaltered and original.

Wasted development by who? Is the question, Honestly if 343i focus on new halo games and some Microsoft Studio who knows what their doing do these Editions of the games would it really matter to you? Since you wont play them as you prefer the classic look and feel, Just let microsoft cash in some money as any company wants to do, *Cough* Last of us remaster on a game that looked amazing anyway*Cough* I dare not name any names...*Cough* Every nintendo game ever *Cough* That last one was kinda a joke, Though if you look at pokemon...Mario...Mario cart..Wait no it wasn't a joke, :P

Your kidding right?  Nintendo has nothing going for it besides Mario and their crappy exclusives.  Mario anything stopped being fun after I hit age 14, which was a looooong time ago.  While yes any developer could handle the remakes for Halo, not everyone can work with the engine, or provide an engine close enough to Blam! to remaster it properly.  And still, it would require the oversight of 343i to handle issues, compatibility problems, art direction, etc...

My point is, do we want to keep living in the past, or give 343i and Halo in general, a fighting chance going forward?

Your kidding right?  Nintendo has nothing going for it besides Mario and their crappy exclusives.  Mario anything stopped being fun after I hit age 14, which was a looooong time ago.  While yes any developer could handle the remakes for Halo, not everyone can work with the engine, or provide an engine close enough to Blam! to remaster it properly.  And still, it would require the oversight of 343i to handle issues, compatibility problems, art direction, etc...

My point is, do we want to keep living in the past, or give 343i and Halo in general, a fighting chance going forward?

I don't know why you're getting angry over one of the examples of remasters and a company cashing in on that for the people who call MS a greedy company.

I'm simply being the 'devils advocate' Even though it would be nice to play old halos on the XBone, I don't really care about these remasters apart from the fact of easy access to them as I said.. I'm just saying if a MS studio who know their way around the engine and art etc can do it which may be a long shot, then it won't hurt.. But if 343i is spending loads of time in that instead of future games stahp pls,

I didnt mean toncome offbqngry, and certaintly not at you. Its just frustrating to see the state of the genre as it is. Anymore, the wntire fps and gaming genre as a whole has become so stale and mundain, like the movie industry. Im tired of prequesl, sequels, knockoffs and remakes. I want new exciting game elements to look forward to.

• Like 1

I see your point Twin and overall I must agree with them sure Halo CE is was cool but really what did it do ?

Although the majority of Halo CE was handled by Certain affinity but whatever. :)

If it takes away from dev time on Halo 5 I am against it.

Certain Affinity only worked on the multiplayer maps, it was Saber Interactive that did the campaign makeover, which in my opinion, the map work done is far superior in quality to what Certain Affinity produces. Im not trying to bash them or anything, but a lot of their maps and work looks like all the same stuff to me. There is hardly any true variety in their texture and shader work, and their layouts leave much to be desired.

If they make a Halo 3 Anniversary, which I believe they will, it will be for the Xbox One.

Halo Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary will be Xbox 360, although Halo 2 Anniversary might be for Xbox One, too, which I think should be a no no.

Halo 3 Anniversary just might be a trilogy Anniversary Edition. 

Let us get past Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 5 first, eh :D

Still dont see why you folks think or believe an Anniversary edition for Halo 3 will happen? On what grounds and conceptual proof is that belief based on? And please dont bring up CEA as a factor as why. That game was done for a specific listed reason.

Still dont see why you folks think or believe an Anniversary edition for Halo 3 will happen? On what grounds and conceptual proof is that belief based on? And please dont bring up CEA as a factor as why. That game was done for a specific listed reason.

Because if they remake Halo 2 they have to remake Halo 3.

XD

He's kind of got a point though, seeing Halo: CE and 2 being remade, it would kind of make sense if the third one was.

I was being sarcastic though. I feel that it has failed me in this situation.

But then....

Halo 3 Remake may lead to Halo 4 remake ?  :o

( Now this I am fully against )

Back in 2009 I bet you would have been against remaking Halo 3, but now that it is 2014 it is a different story. Let's wait until 2020 and see how you feel about a Halo 4 remake.

Edited by WonderWombat

"Halo 3 annivsery"

That misspell though.

In any case just port me the 1st three games over to the Xbox one and be done with it. I thought we were trying to get past the original trilogy days and move on into the future (of course while retaining the past at the same time). I have played Halo 3 into the ground anyway, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people have as well. Especially with it being a 360 game, one of the most played consoles of all time, there's is just no need for a Halo 3 remake. A port is a port of course of course.

1st three games over to the Xbox one and be done with it.....

Well if you do that why not Halo 5 so you get the complete Master chief Halo experience. I bet in a few years you will also wanted a Halo 3 remake as well.

Back in 2006 if you told people they should remake Halo 2 everyone would laugh at you and think it was a stupid idea. But look at it now the majority of Halo players want Halo 2 Annivery. :)

So why not Halo 3 and 4 for XB1 ?

And that same majority are the ones who didnt play the game or have the same memories or time put into it. Im talking about the crowd that was between 18-25 when Halo 2 came out. Of coarse kids who played Halo 2 between 5-17 have a completely different perspective on this, as their memories are not as vivid. You still havent shown me what having an Anniversary Edition will do to benefit the community. It wont have its own original multiplayer, and it wont have extra levels. It will be a carbon copy of what CEA was.

CE never had it's own standalone multiplayer anyway, so we didn't miss out on anything.  But yes, any remake from a previous system for Halo, will always likely use the current titles multiplayer, as to avoid any potential compat issues, or changing of supported features via Live.

• 2 weeks later...

Now yes this is early but I am pretty sure we know 343i will do a Halo 2 annivery there is just quite a bit of to support it and if they don't I will be shocked but now for the questions

Do you think 343I should make Halo 3 annivery and if so Yes and Why or no and Why....

Me I am not sure yet I am saying no but in due time when it is the annivery time I will most likely say yes. :)

They should make this a year or two after halo 5's release, but not anytime soon as people will get tired of halo quick like alot of people are getting tired of all the CoD's released once every other 5 months lol

^

Well if it is an Annivery it needs to be out on the Annivery.

It all gives Halo 6 more dev time....

If it is coming out that year....

( I am presuming another company does the Annivery and takes little of 343s time. :) )

Master Chief Collection is meant to have Halo 1 - 4 with multiplayer as well.