Welcome to the 20th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

Wow! 20 of these already?

Let's start with the Results of our second ever tie-breaker poll! It was extremely close, but we do have a winner:

Energy Sword!

As for last week's poll, the results are in. The favorite helmet for our forum users is:

Mark VI! The helmet used by the Hero of Earth, and my personal favorite.

This week's poll stems from all the talk about a rebooting of one of Halo's most beloved games. There are many rumors, though still no official word from Microsoft. So this week's question isn't "Do you think 343 industries will make Halo 2 Anniversary?", but rather:

Do you want 343 industries to make Halo 2 Anniversary?

halo_2_anniversary_by_blamoman-d64vx0w.j

Be sure to list your thoughts and reasonings below, along with your vote.

Voting ends February 24, at 6:00 AM EST

Thanks for reading and see y'all next week! :wave:

Have a complaint, suggestion, or question pertaining to the poll? Message Me.

• Like 4

Alrighty then.... In my opinion, I think that it should just be halo 2 servers rebooted on Xbox One and/if 360.... Or just upgrade the graphics in general, and this time, use the ACTUAL Halo 2 multiplayer not an upgrade for Halo 4 or Halo: Next (previous, nor present), because I'm sure veterans would love to see the matchmaking experience they grew up with and of course the new to touch one of the most gorgeous pieces of halo artillery.

Also do NOT set skulls to be activated in the beginning... Halo 2 was fun to scavenge for a one time use. And no Easter egg removal, if there is, they better be replaced by something very impressive.

• Like 1

Yes, but keep it the same as when we used to play it. For multiplayer do what you need to make it work on the Xbox One. Sparky has a good point, it ws a lot more fun trying to find the skulls rather then just turning them on or off.

If they make it and I am sure they will I want them to keep it the same as Halo 2 was just with inhanced graphics and what not I don't want them to put there own spin on it unless it is sepertate from the main game. And with the option to play the original version like CEA.

Yes, because I never played it, no, because focus on Halo 5.

I'd be fine if it was outsourced to someone else.

They outsourced CEA to two different companies so I don't see why wouldn't they.

Yes I would love H2A because more breathing space for Halo 5(as long as they outsourced it that is like JL said)

Yeah I'd like to see it. I don't care if they keep the Multiplayer original, or impose Halo 4s. To be honest I think it would be better with Halo 4s. Not a big fan of 2s multiplayer.

Obviously I'd want the exact thing done with Campaign like they did with CEA: Switch graphics, and locked Skulls.

Oh and I would at least like it to be for 360. I don't care if its an exclusive for the One for a few months until 360s release.

No. There is no clear reason to why it should be remade. If they remake this, why not remake every other Halo game then?

Halo CE had a defining impact on Xbox, as it's launch title and the first game for the series it deserved a 10th year anniversary remake. But what is Halo 2? An incomplete game is what it is. Halo 2 had no meaningful impact in the same since that Halo CE did, sure it was the most popular game for XBL, but it wasn't even a launch title for XBL.

Not only does it have no proper reason to be remade since it works fine on the Xbox, but 343 shouldn't be working on a side project while they have their main title to be working on. They should've learned from Halo 4 to work on the main title with all of their resources and focus on one game than two.

tl;dr, no. I don't want it.

Yes, under the right conditions. I needs to be polished and made to the best of its abilities. Halo: CEA was extremely disappointing content wise, just a map pack and the old halo with a new coat of paint, not even new graphics, just polish on the old ones... No, I want fresh assets and a full fledged multiplayer otherwise I'm not shelling out more then $20 for it. I have Halo 2, I don't need Halo 2 again with a slather of water dropped on it so it looks fresh. If 343i or Certain Affinity or whosever remaking it (as long as they do good, I could care less who remakes it) can pull it off, go for it. Just note if they add multiplayer and new assets were probably going to be paying a good $50-60 for the game.