Microsoft Releasing Xbox One Gaming Headset

Screech

Ooops! Looks like I goofed on the titled :/ Just imagine it says "Microsoft releasing Xbox One gaming headset"  Somebody fixed it! Thank you, person :)

Screen-Shot-2014-02-11-at-1.58.17-PM-640

In addition to putting out a new firmware update for the Xbox One in March, Microsoft will also be releasing an official gaming headset for the console. The $79.99 stereo headset has a 3.5mm jack and feeds all audio - game sound and voice chat - through the controller, which it will connect to via the new adapter it's bundled with.

Pre-orders are now available on Gamestop's website (ship date is marked March 7th):

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset/113826

Those who wish to continue using their 3rd party headsets from the previous generation - Turtle Beaches, Trittons, Astros, etc. - will be able to purchase the adapter, which comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable, for $24.99.

Pre-orders also available on Gamestop's website (same ship date and warning, it looks like they bumped up the price to $29.99): http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/113825

xbox-one-headset-adapter-650x0.png

What do you guys think? I personally think this is a huge rip-off... It seems to me Microsoft designed this controller with a unique audio input for the sole purpose of making us pay $25 more for a cheap adapter (with the same input used on the 360 controller, mind you) if we wanted to use a 3rd party headset.

I mean the adapter is smart business move. Technology companies do it all the time today. I mean just look at Apple. They make their customers buy something new every Few months or sooner as it seems.

Yeah, I mean it's obviously a smart business move... having a new mic input put on the controller and then charging people $25 to buy an adapter with the old controller's mic input on it... but it's definitely not what's right buy their loyal customers. That would be like Apple releasing a new iPhone with a different headphone output on it and then charging people $25 to buy an adapter that lets them plug in the headphones they used on the last phone.