What is bugging you about Halo 4?

Unease Peanut

Hey guys, (It's been a while since I made an actual thread)

I was playing Halo 4 and I can't help but be annoyed by the quick despawn time of weapons and objects. I noticed this especially in the Heavies playlist.

It is really bugging me that you can't take decent cover behind a vehicle wreck (and in case of a banshee wreck it doesn't even get to the ground). And also that it's pretty hard to get back a power weapon that you lost 20 seconds ago when you got killed.

Now a question for you guys: What is bugging you?

Please note that I'm not asking you to rant about halo 4 and tell me how much you hate it. Only things that slighlly annoy you.

• Like 3

The damage that grenades do to you. I can't dislike grenades too much and understand grenades in reality are suppose to give heave damage but I wish they could be nerfed or something. If a grenade could do 40% - 45% damage or something, I think it would make Halo a better balanced game, not that it isn't already. Well, I guess that can be argued against but that's the main thing that bug me in Halo 4.

The damage that grenades do to you. I can't dislike grenades too much and understand grenades in reality are suppose to give heave damage but I wish they could be nerfed or something. If a grenade could do 40% - 45% damage or something, I think it would make Halo a better balanced game, not that it isn't already. Well, I guess that can be argued against but that's the main thing that bug me in Halo 4.

Well if they nerfed the grenades... wouldn't plasma grenades get a bit OP?

Knights with their frequent teleporting and their ungodly shield recharge rate. And the despawn time of weapons in both multiplayer and Spartan Ops. FFFFFF-

Yeah those knight are a real pain in the caboose on legendary :S

I am frustrated because you cant change the language of the game, my game is in portuguese, and my entire life I played halo in english, They could add a language pack like lionhead did with fable, or add languagees on disc 2

If you set your console location to UK or Ireland (for euro's) it should change the default laguage of your game aswell.

I thought of a couple more things that annoy me about Halo 4:

1. The uselessness of Pulse Grenades. They inflict little damage unless someone's dumb enough to stay within the blast radius... but at least they sound cool.

2. The lack of weapons on a map. It'd be helpful to stumble upon something else to fight with other than loadout weapons. :/

The unbearable lag or bad Sync on the killcam, Nothing worse than being out BR'd by a guy who was painting my silhouette on the wall, According to the killcam.

And as above the Pulse Grenades that make me want to just shoot the ground till i find a reasonably heavy piece of stone and throw that instead.

And the Cowardice of the players using infinite sprint to run away everytime they don't feel you're "Weak enough" or one-shot, when you put some pressure of them it back across the map to crouch walk all the way back to miss the snipe with camo close range and run and repeat unless they find a bolt shot to camp with

Bolt shot pisses me off, so many times I have been killed with it by a camper and I am not even in their reticle.

I hate pulse grenades, I have only ever seen it kill someone because of a spatial mistake and never seen them kill a knight nor a crawler.

Knights teleport way too much, its very infuriating and yes Despawn times are a joke. If you got shot or killed in real life, your gun would not disappear after 20 seconds. I think most FPS should leave the weapon on the field...

• 2 weeks later...

1. The constant bombardment the Phantoms throw at you in Campaign and Spartan Ops when on Heroic and Legendary. Like seriously.

2. When you take out a group of high-ranking elites and you end out getting ambushed by like 20 Commanders and Warriors with Swords and Concussion Rifles.

3. Knights with their ridiculous teleportation, melee attacks, and shielding in groups.

4. Overwhelming numbers of Crawlers.

5. Watchers overall.

The enemies being too predictable.

The AI (both allied and friendly) being unintelligent (to the point of attempting to go through walls and never changing direction during this attempt even when shot, this is frequent with Banshees)

The grenades doing too little damage (I saw some people say they do too much damage, but they actually do much less than in Halo 3 and Reach)

The armory is atrocious and the color palette is more so.

The graphics are inferior in terms of realism (Lighting effects for example) and the textures are so cheap, they look pixelated at any range you could score a one hit kill with a shotgun. With the UNSC vehicles, the textures are so cheap they look pixelated at a range you'd want a scope to shoot players from.

General design aesthetic.

The garbage cleanup (despawn) or items is there to cut down on rendering and memory overhead. Unfortunatly because Halo 4 stretches the limits, it had to be done to cut down on lagging the engine. The textures are cheap for the same reason. When viewing the bitmaps standalone, they look crisp enough, but because of the rendering techniques like "imitating" and "imposturing", most of the things we see are actually an imposture render until you get up close. But that aside the main issue might actually be the rendering or the compression/decompression (deswizzling) methods the engine uses.

But yes all those things are annoying as hell and bugs me to death. The AI however, that is something else of a "zone" or "squad order" measure.

• Like 1

i hate the fact that the pulse grenades do pretty much no damage unless your in swat or if the player is AFC also some of the achievements like get a double kill with a pulse grenade is impossible and the fact that they dont have DLC maps in a playlist since if everyone but one person dosent have any DLC you cant play on that map and there is no way you can play on a DLC map in regular multiplayer

• 2 weeks later...

The emp on vehicles with plasma pistol...seriously get rid of it, it messes with the enjoyment of using a vehicle

To be honest this has been a thing for a long time, I do not think they will ever remove it.

Now the things that bother me are the boltshot, that thing is rage inducing. 

And well the despawn time is annoying, but I have seen enough people get killed by wreckage and I could sometimes easily recover my power weapon (think the time depends on how many objects are actually lying around.)

The graphics are actually quite good for a console over 7 years old and 343i puts all the power of the 360 to use.

•Sprint (I'd rather have no sprint with 120% movement speed instead so you can move fast and shoot at the same time and the game'll never kill your pace after moving fast for a few seconds, plus if they remove sprint, strafing in general be more important and reliable at the same time)

•Customization (Personally I'm okay with being able to choose your primary weapon, but that's it)

•Perks (Not a fan of it for any FPS as I prefer it when all players have the same attributes)

•Grenade Indicators (I'd be fine if there was just a trail of light behind frag grenades as a heads up for players, but having an actual indicator makes it so you don't have to pay attention and look at/listen to your surroundings which is a bad thing

•Aim assist (lower it)

•Bullet magnetism (lower it)

•Instant Respawn (Wouldn't be bad at all for FFA if players respawned as far away as possible from where they died, but otherwise, keep this out of my Halo)

•Ordnance in Multiplayer (It ruins the entire point of map control and map memorization, and it also makes everything more luck-based, I'd be alright with Random Ordnance if weapons had less ammo and there were normal weapon spawns alongside it)

•Scattershot (Since it's a close range only weapon and shots dissipate after a certain travel distance, its ricocheting ability is useless, making the addition of this weapon entirely pointless aside from the cool incineration effect)

•Concussion Rifle (underpowered, it needs more splash damage and less of an arc trajectory)

•Dominion (scoring system is crappy and confusing, plus you have to stand around doing nothing to initiate a capture, I'd rather have good ol' Territories)

•Regicide (The objective can be pointless as you can get points through killing any other player, it causes competition with players of the same team because instead of randomly assigning a king, it always makes the highest scoring team member the king some times inadvertently causing team members to compete against each other rather than working together to win against the enemy, I'd also rather have VIP and Juggernaut)

•No Flag Dropping (Takes away some of the strategical gameplay that made CTF more fun in the first place)

•Mantis (Too powerful and too durable, needs to at least be map-exclusive within multiplayer like the Elephant was in Halo 3)

•No Forge World (one Forge World beats three clustered, pathetically small forging canvases, and Forge Island was bland and not memorable)

•No Invasion (was very epic in Reach, allowed for more creative maps)

•No Firefight (I like survival-based game modes in shooters and I'd welcome it's return to Halo 5, especially if it replaced Spartan Ops)

•No Plasma Rifle (was an iconic weapon to the Halo series and was relatively unique when compared to the Storm Rifle, which was essentially a repainted assault rifle)

•Elite Redesign (They look too savage, tall, and monster-like in my personal opinion)

•Watchers (For enemies with the ability to revive the dead, generate force fields over troops, and catch your grenades in mid air, they're way too abundant and hard to hit)

•Lack of Humor (The combination of the fact that the Covies don't speak english anymore and the fact that Sarah Palmer makes terrible jokes when compared to the awesomeness of Sergeant Johnson takes away most of the lighthearted fun I used to have in Halo)

•Terrible Armor (too shiny, Halo 3's had the best texture, and the Helmets just look plain silly and ridiculous especially the Soldier, Infiltrator, and Pioneer, it's like they were trying to troll us here, I also want the abilty to make your armor pitch-black again)

•No playlists that disable parties and private chat (I'd like to strategize and communicate with my team)

•No spectator mode (I'd like to spectate without distracting players and autosentries while being able to watch players in their own perspectives at the same time, I still can't believe CoD has this but not Halo)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The lack of dedicated servers, this only annoys me when I'm having a sudden spout of bad connection cause it doesn't help. I mean sometimes everyone else starts the match without me and I spawn five minutes into the match and then once you die it takes like another five minutes to spawn, quite literally!

• Like 2