DLC Achievement Ashes to Ashes - Ever a solution?

Wilbo T Baggins

Firstly, apologies for sounding like a broken record as I'm sure enough this topic has been previously posted uncountable times.

I have been playing the recent updated DLC playlist which I assume is aimed at those of us who are looking to gain those final few achievements that have been previously unattainable due to no DLC maps in the map rotation on matchmaking for the last few months prior to this revamped playlist.

I heard that this playlist was back on so I have blitzed through the remaining achievements and have one remaining. Ashes to ashes.

I've read through all of the previous forums regarding this achievement and by the sounds of things it is a common problem that this achievement just doesn't unlock.

I have tried :- Incineration Cannon

Binary Rifle

Scattershot

Pulse Grenades (including pulse grenading dead bodies)

Nothing works.

I've seen 343 come out and say we're trying to resolve the issue. But that is all I've heard for months. No sign of a patch. No sign of any answer.

I love Halo and thus far have all achievements in all of their games. (Not including Wars and Spartan Assault) So understandably this one is driving me crazy!

Is there any chance this can finally be resolved please 343?

Forgot to mention... I have also tried recovering my gamertag, deleting playlists and reinstalling them, deleting the game and reinstalling it... To no avail.

I have unlocked it on 11-04-13 so it is unlockable

I can't remember how I got it...

Have you tried getting this on a map that was within the Castle map pack? (Daybreak, Outcast and Perdition)

And it has to be in multiplayer matchamking ofcourse.

And to be fair your post is the first that states this particular problem

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new here but a Halo veteran within my friends, so I just joined this Forum because despite all the great work you guys are probably doing in the future releases I think you guys really mess-up the with the glitchy DLC maps that somehow stops people of getting the achievements that your company released. I also understand that sometimes happens since this is not the first nor it will be the last.

I have been in many sessions of 2-3 hours of gameplay with several players in the same situation on the CASTLE MAP PACK maps. So since we are so faithful and pay for all your DLCs we played what we think (because we really don't know yet the real truth) is the reason of the glitch the last Title Update and the Champions update or they combination.

Well the point is a lot of people that care so much about the game that they are trying to get all the achievements to complete the game with %100 of gamescore, can't achieve that because in the CASTLE MAP PACK there are two achievements that are working properly: 

The Hello Nurse and Ashes 2 Ashes achievements are not popping no matter what we do or how we do it, no matter how many times we do it, in any maps or playlist with the maps, with any of the incineration weapons or deleting all the files and downloading them again. Doesn't work even trying a totally different console with a profile downloaded for the first time in said console.

Well again we appreciated all the great work you guys are doing in your Fort, maybe on Halo 5 or Halo 2 Anniversary or any other fantastic Halo game but please remember us "The LOYAL ONES" that will also buy the next one Halo game and wanna finish all the achievements of the Halo Games and release soon a patch or fix or at least a flare to the world that you guys are working on it.

Thanks for your consideration.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to report the same problem.  I've definitely gotten over 6 disintegration kills in Matchmaking on a Castle map, and cannot get this achievement.  I've run into other people playing in the DLC playlist (available occasionally, currently until July 7th 2014) who report also that the achievement is glitched for them too.

Is 343 aware of the problem?  Thank you.

I'd like to report the same problem.  I've definitely gotten over 6 disintegration kills in Matchmaking on a Castle map, and cannot get this achievement.  I've run into other people playing in the DLC playlist (available occasionally, currently until July 7th 2014) who report also that the achievement is glitched for them too.

Is 343 aware of the problem?  Thank you.

Hi I'm new here but a Halo veteran within my friends, so I just joined this Forum because despite all the great work you guys are probably doing in the future releases I think you guys really mess-up the with the glitchy DLC maps that somehow stops people of getting the achievements that your company released. I also understand that sometimes happens since this is not the first nor it will be the last.

I have been in many sessions of 2-3 hours of gameplay with several players in the same situation on the CASTLE MAP PACK maps. So since we are so faithful and pay for all your DLCs we played what we think (because we really don't know yet the real truth) is the reason of the glitch the last Title Update and the Champions update or they combination.

Well the point is a lot of people that care so much about the game that they are trying to get all the achievements to complete the game with %100 of gamescore, can't achieve that because in the CASTLE MAP PACK there are two achievements that are working properly: 

The Hello Nurse and Ashes 2 Ashes achievements are not popping no matter what we do or how we do it, no matter how many times we do it, in any maps or playlist with the maps, with any of the incineration weapons or deleting all the files and downloading them again. Doesn't work even trying a totally different console with a profile downloaded for the first time in said console.

Well again we appreciated all the great work you guys are doing in your Fort, maybe on Halo 5 or Halo 2 Anniversary or any other fantastic Halo game but please remember us "The LOYAL ONES" that will also buy the next one Halo game and wanna finish all the achievements of the Halo Games and release soon a patch or fix or at least a flare to the world that you guys are working on it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Firstly, apologies for sounding like a broken record as I'm sure enough this topic has been previously posted uncountable times.

I have been playing the recent updated DLC playlist which I assume is aimed at those of us who are looking to gain those final few achievements that have been previously unattainable due to no DLC maps in the map rotation on matchmaking for the last few months prior to this revamped playlist.

I heard that this playlist was back on so I have blitzed through the remaining achievements and have one remaining. Ashes to ashes.

I've read through all of the previous forums regarding this achievement and by the sounds of things it is a common problem that this achievement just doesn't unlock.

I have tried :- Incineration Cannon

Binary Rifle

Scattershot

Pulse Grenades (including pulse grenading dead bodies)

Nothing works.

I've seen 343 come out and say we're trying to resolve the issue. But that is all I've heard for months. No sign of a patch. No sign of any answer.

I love Halo and thus far have all achievements in all of their games. (Not including Wars and Spartan Assault) So understandably this one is driving me crazy!

Is there any chance this can finally be resolved please 343?

Forgot to mention... I have also tried recovering my gamertag, deleting playlists and reinstalling them, deleting the game and reinstalling it... To no avail.

It has to be in matchmaking not custom games.

also i found this interesting https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8DtxC0VL8SNQU80TGl0TFlvUzg/edit

and here's the achievement unlock description https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8DtxC0VL8SNR1V6djRKZXBtMHM/edit

always do research

This is a known isssue that 343 has stated they are investigating. It happens with the Get X kills with X weapon type achievements across all first 3 packs. The common theory is that once you start the tally for the achievement, the game counts all of those certain kills wether you're on the required map or not. It won't unlcok the achievement as you may eb playing on Ragnarok (Example) but when you then get kills on Outcast, it's now counting as 7/6, 9/6 so forth, meaning it will never unlock even though you have reached the required amount. At least, that's the theory.

In short, if you encountered it, you just have to wait until/ and hope a patch is released.